does everybody get a totebag?

jules815

Starting my packing list for upcoming cruise on Connie. I usually pack a lightweight beach bag that was actually a RC freebie years ago.

I've read that some cabins get a tote bag. Do they still do this, or should I pack my trusty RC C&A bag?

Only the special people get bags! :eek: I never seem to get one....:D Seriously though like many things on all cruise lines things seem to get less and less over the years, our first X cruise 12 or 13 years ago we were on the very first sailing of the then brand new Concierge Class cabins on Mercury and we received a very nice, stylish and sturdy bag we use to this day but over the years the bags have decreased in style and sturdiness and now it just seems to be a piece of cloth with 2 straps sewn on...:(

The better rooms (and I'm not sure where the line is) get a really nice zippered bag.

As I recall, it is Concierge and higher. But all things are subject to change, so don't count on it. Nice tote bags are usually available at all ports of call.

Unless recently changed, they give out bags...two different styles.

The lower end rooms get a very basic cloth type open beach bag.

The better rooms (and I'm not sure where the line is) get a really nice zippered bag.

We have done 9 cruises on X and received a tote bag every time. We were upgraded to Aqua once and a suite once, receiving the nice zippered bag with nice handles. On the other cruises we had balcony cabins and received the cloth tote, which was fine for carrying water, guidebook and such while on tour.

We take the nice zippered bag with up on trips and use it a lot, it is very durable.

Standard balcony Cat. 2D = cloth bag

They're basically like a bag you'd use at the grocery store instead of plastic bags. I've gotten them on almost every cruise line now. Kinda makes it fun to use at the grocery store. When everyone else has boring bags, I have something that reminds me of cruising. ;)

Standard balcony Cat. 2D = cloth bag

They're basically like a bag you'd use at the grocery store instead of plastic bags. I've gotten them on almost every cruise line now. Kinda makes it fun to use at the grocery store. When everyone else has boring bags, I have something that reminds me of cruising. ;)

So funny you say that cause I'm the same way, I have a Celebrity bag, a HAL bag, a Princess bag as well as a couple that list a number of cruise lines (must have been from a TA). Every time I use them at the grocery store, I'm reminded of all the fun we've had cruising - can't wait to get my next Celebrity bag next October!:)

Just because you got something on ypur last cruise, don't be sure that you will get it on your next cruise. In October we got 2 cloth bags with zipper and strong handles. Thinking that we would get those bags again, my spouse did not pack a bag. In January, we got a flimsy paper bag. In January, we were 2 categories higher than in October. From now on, assume nothing. Brimg your own bag.

As I recall, it is Concierge and higher. But all things are subject to change, so don't count on it. Nice tote bags are usually available at all ports of call.
I was in a Concierge cabin on my January cruise and I got both bags. One was a lightweight beach type bag and the other was a nice zippered bag that fits into a little pouch with faux leather handles (I have quite a few of these). Edited by NLH Arizona

We always got a tote bag. Whether we stayed in Aqua, veranda or ocean view. I never stayed in a inside with Celebrity. Have with on some other cruise lines. Sometimes its in the drawer. Now the quality of the bag does improve if you stay in Aqua. As some mentioned it is a nice zipper bag given out in Aqua. Its pretty basic clothe bag for veranda and ocean view.

If you don't get one, I would ask the room steward.

Unless recently changed, they give out bags...two different styles.

The lower end rooms get a very basic cloth type open beach bag.

I think Concierge is the line.

Edited by GUT2407

We did, and left it on board.

Dont need another one.

P.S. We were in a suite so it was a fancy one. :)

After several cruises on different lines I had no idea these were for taking!

I presumed they were 'use them onboard and leave them behind when you depart'.

You live and learn. [emoji3]

I wonder if a bag that is used and left behind is reused or....??

After several cruises on different lines I had no idea these were for taking!

I presumed they were 'use them onboard and leave them behind when you depart'.

You live and learn. [emoji3]

If in doubt, it is always best to ask.

They expect you to take home the tote bags and slippers and the little mesh backpacks in aqua class, but not the robes or umbrellas.

Also, if you don't want the bulky, heavy robes they provide for concierge class and above, you can ask for lighter ones.

We never use the slippers they provide, preferring our own, and don't want to pack them so we end up giving them away, along with most of the pillow chocolates.