new promotion- $1 deposits

happy traveler69

http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&ro=true&trk=EasySocialShareButtons&title=Princess+Cruises+Offering+%241+Deposits+for+Leap+Day&url=http://cruisefever.net/0226-princess-cruise-offering-1-deposits-for-leap-day/

has anyone taken advantage of anything like this before? is this a valid deal? I'm reading posts of which demographics a Princess cruise would appeal to. I'm an in betweeny- I like the ambiance of RCL and the fun of Carnival. I can either go to bed early or get up early... I'm okay with any itinerary- the tshirt on one island, is the same on another.

http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&ro=true&trk=EasySocialShareButtons&title=Princess+Cruises+Offering+%241+Deposits+for+Leap+Day&url=http://cruisefever.net/0226-princess-cruise-offering-1-deposits-for-leap-day/

has anyone taken advantage of anything like this before? is this a valid deal? I'm reading posts of which demographics a Princess cruise would appeal to. I'm an in betweeny- I like the ambiance of RCL and the fun of Carnival. I can either go to bed early or get up early... I'm okay with any itinerary- the tshirt on one island, is the same on another.

Don't know what your link is but its true , I am TA have been getting info on it . Its a one day thing on the 29th . It has restrictions on Like sometime in 16 - 17 don't the exact dates without looking them up I am sure your TA or Princess can let you know.

My friends who are travel agents are posting info on their Facebook page about this.

It is on the final date of the Twice as Nice sale. It is for cruises longer than 6 days through Spring of 2017. I posted elsewhere about this on an Alaskan thread about deposits being too high. Contact your TA for more info.

Yes it is valid!

Here is some info (again contact your TA for more info):

Twice As Nice Sale (December 10 - February 29th)

To celebrate Leap Day, book for a $1 deposit on all Twice As Nice voyages for one day only- February 29!

PRINCESS CRUISES

February 29th, Leap Day, only comes around once every 4 years...

In celebration of this special day and to mark the LAST DAY of our Twice as Nice sale, our BIGGEST DESTINATION SALE EVER, we are offering

$1 DEPOSITS on ALL 6+ Day Voyages sailing Summer 2016 through Spring 2017 including all Land & Sea Vacations!!

$1 Deposit is applicable to new bookings only.

Sale Period: The Twice as Nice Sale $1 Special Offer will be available on Monday, February 29, 2016 from 12:00 am PST – 11:59 pm PST.

$1 deposits made on February 29, 2016 for voyages listed in the Twice as Nice Sale are for new bookings only.

Edited by Coral

Exactly, it's merely a sales gimmick but people fall for it. If you can't afford the usual $100 deposit maybe your budget isn't right for cruising.

The usual deposit is not $100. It is much higher unless you have a promo such as 2x as Nice or a FCC.

Exactly, it's merely a sales gimmick but people fall for it. If you can't afford the usual $100 deposit maybe your budget isn't right for cruising.

well, it may not necessarily mean they can afford it, it may be the incentive to have those people cruise, who might have not otherwise sailed. I'm paying for 2 cruises at this time, and the dollar deposit would be good enough for me to put down on a princess cruise to hold that spot while I continue paying off those previous ones. I've never sailed princess, and this may be the deal breaker if I go with princess

Maybe people have health issues or other reasons why this would be a good option. I want to take my husband to Alaska but he was just diagnosed with lung cancer. I will book a cruise for $1 and hope he's well enough to go by final payment and not lose anything. Don't be so quick to judge. He will have a reason to fight and something to look forward to.

sorry for the messed up link. thank you for posting the info for others to see. I don't have a T.A. so I will contact princess

You may want to find a T.A. as they sometimes have perks, etc. that Princess won't offer. Our T.A. has already ordered chocolate strawberries for each of us and extra on board credits.

Maybe people have health issues or other reasons why this would be a good option. I want to take my husband to Alaska but he was just diagnosed with lung cancer. I will book a cruise for $1 and hope he's well enough to go by final payment and not lose anything. Don't be so quick to judge. He will have a reason to fight and something to look forward to.

I hope you can go to Alaska! Good luck!

----

In the end, why part with more money then you need to until final payment is due! I know other lines do $25 deposits. I think this is great for Princess.

Edited by Coral

Rosie tell DH our prayers are with him.....im glad youve got this info....let us Retreaters know which sailing if other than the usual one. Don't be surprised if some Retreaters sail with you for added support :).

Also deposits of $1 locks in the Twice as Nice OBC. A $150 obc would cover your onboard tips. Have yet to meet a person who doesnt enjoy saving money when they can :)

Prayers! ♡

well, it may not necessarily mean they can afford it, it may be the incentive to have those people cruise, who might have not otherwise sailed. I'm paying for 2 cruises at this time, and the dollar deposit would be good enough for me to put down on a princess cruise to hold that spot while I continue paying off those previous ones. I've never sailed princess, and this may be the deal breaker if I go with princess
If you are still paying off 2 cruises you prove my point, you can't afford to cruise without going into debt. That's a major problem in our country, people spending more then they earn.

Sympathy to you and your husband. Regardless of how much you put down you get it ALL back before final payment. I have someone very close to me in the same situation but it doesn't change the amount of the cruise or final payment, I don't under your statement of not wanting to loose anything if it's before final payment. Good luck with the treatment your husband is about to receive, it's tough but necessary.

some Retreaters sail with you for added support :).

Also deposits of $1 locks in the Twice as Nice OBC. A $150 obc would cover your onboard tips. Have yet to meet a person who doesnt enjoy saving money when they can :)

Educate me please, what money did you save? Pay it now or later, the fare isn't changing. I book when I see a fare and/or promo I find attractive. The deposit amount has never changed the total fare. Princess (and many many other companies) have found ways to lure people into making something seem like it's a deal when in reality it's the same gross amount. With a full deposit you would still get the twice as nice obc. Last week when I did a booking and it was $100 pp depo for the 12 day Panama canal. Had it been a higher deposit I would have paid it because the cruise fare or the terms wouldn't have changed.

Educate me please, what money did you save? Pay it now or later, the fare isn't changing. I book when I see a fare and/or promo I find attractive. The deposit amount has never changed the total fare. Princess (and many many other companies) have found ways to lure people into making something seem like it's a deal when in reality it's the same gross amount. With a full deposit you would still get the twice as nice obc. Last week when I did a booking and it was $100 pp depo for the 12 day Panama canal. Had it been a higher deposit I would have paid it because the cruise fare or the terms wouldn't have changed.

Not sure I can educate you. You have a fixed view and that's your choice.....

lets look at changing prices.....cruise price TODAY is say $600.....deposit is $100...obc is $150 for inside cabin.....pretty simple. Yet someone is doing other things and will book when they can......this price is good for just 2 more days.....the obc for this cruise and 2 future cruises will be gone. The price probably goes up ...not down.....

Along comes $1 deposit sale Monday. ...great....no brainer....hold my 3 cruises and alls good. God bless you and your cash flow.....Everyone has different priorities and to assume someones financial condition is alittle out there. But you are entitled to your views.

I wish you good sailing.......I guess the saved money isnt in the cruise fare. Its the obc money that probably won't be there. Along with a higher rate. ..I look at $150 obc paying for my tips as a savings........

Edited by blkspy

Not sure I can educate you. You have a fixed view and that's your choice.....

lets look at changing prices.....cruise price TODAY is say $600.....deposit is $100...obc is $150 for inside cabin.....pretty simple. Yet someone is doing other things and will book when they can......this price is good for just 2 more days.....the obc for this cruise and 2 future cruises will be gone. The price probably goes up ...not down.....

Along comes $1 deposit sale Monday. ...great....no brainer....hold my 3 cruises and alls good. God bless you and your cash flow.....Everyone has different priorities and to assume someones financial condition is alittle out there. But you are entitled to your views.

I wish you good sailing.......I guess the saved money isnt in the cruise fare. Its the obc money that probably won't be there. Along with a higher rate. ..I look at $150 obc paying for my tips as a savings........

The OBC is credit is the same if you book when it's offered regardless of the deposit. I booked a twice as nice and got double the OBC last week and paid $100 depo. I'm not assuming anyone's financial situation, someone states they are paying off 2 cruises they are personally stating their financial situation of living above their means. I wouldn't know their situation if they don't publish it.

My point is simply this $1 deposit is a gimmick and apparently has a lot of people fooled. That's why they do it obviously.

The OBC is credit is the same if you book when it's offered regardless of the deposit. I booked a twice as nice and got double the OBC last week and paid $100 depo. I'm not assuming anyone's financial situation, someone states they are paying off 2 cruises they are personally stating their financial situation of living above their means. I wouldn't know their situation if they don't publish it.

My point is simply this $1 deposit is a gimmick and apparently has a lot of people fooled. That's why they do it obviously.

If you think the $1 is a gimmick, you must also think the $100 deposit is a gimmick also. Based on your logic, you might as well pay off the entire cruise when booking, even if it is years away.

Hmmmm no, that's your assumption. For all you know they have cruises booked for 2017 and 2018. You have no idea of anyone's situation nor should you be commenting on it.

Hmmmm no, that's your assumption. For all you know they have cruises booked for 2017 and 2018. You have no idea of anyone's situation nor should you be commenting on it.

Exactly what I was attempting to say....Excellent :)

Coral....always nice to see your post.....Aussie Cal Bruton is a life long friend if you follow your country's sports.--if youre not from Australia. ..im sorry.

Edited by blkspy

If you are still paying off 2 cruises you prove my point, you can't afford to cruise without going into debt. That's a major problem in our country, people spending more then they earn.

Sympathy to you and your husband. Regardless of how much you put down you get it ALL back before final payment. I have someone very close to me in the same situation but it doesn't change the amount of the cruise or final payment, I don't under your statement of not wanting to loose anything if it's before final payment. Good luck with the treatment your husband is about to receive, it's tough but necessary.

That 1st paragraph might not be true IMHO. I am on a Government Pension here in Australia due to Disability. By careful planning and budgeting, I will be enjoying my 1st cruise in November this year. By checking the Port Schedules of the Embarkation and Disembarkation ports, I have located another possible cruise for 2017-no information available from Princess until late April. I may not be able to make the booking until I return from my November cruise with a Future Cruise Credit, I may even get another FCC, as it would enable me to book the appropriate future itinerary ASAP. This 1st cruise is the most expensive, with a lot of new experiences to try, but I now have a very accurate baseline price for future cruises, and can budget better. I have been making regular fortnightly payments towards my cruise, establishing a history of reliability in payments. I DID thanks to information read here on Cruise Critic, make sure that International Travel Insurance-required for a Domestic Cruise as Medicare here doesn't cover Cruise Ship travel, was bought on the same day I made the booking. Have had to adjust it due to a variation in dates, but it only cost my AUD$50, think that's about USD$40, so very happy for the peace of mind.