Getting closer

Lois R

You are so right! We leave a week from Sunday for 2 week Caribbean on Celebrity with daughter and SIL and I can't wait. Last time we traveled together we had such a good time that we decided to do it again...and the memories are incredibly special.

Yes, very special memories for sure. Wishing you a "boat load";) of happy times and memories!

Sharon

A little premature perhaps, but I am so excited for you.

AMA is a wonderful company and offer a terrific product. After your return, I hope you will post some comments about your experience.

BTW: I remember reading with interest your wonderful posts on the Celebrity boards some years ago (that was before our horrid Trans-Pacific cruise on the Millennium in 2013, after which we vowed "Never again on Celebrity":.

Thanks for the reply and the kind words. Sorry you did not enjoy your

Celebrity cruise.

I leave 2 weeks from Tuesday:)

Have a great time! We leave 2 days after you, but we're going to Budapest and the Danube for a cruise to Passau. Enjoy the tulips! Hope the weather is great for both of us. :)

Thank you so much:) wishing you the same.....a great cruise with great

weather.....(I will take good weather;)).......

I know it is supposed to be cool in April in Amsterdam. I have no clue

about the weather for your itinerary.

2 More weeks to go:D

I was thinking about this the other day....do all of you take pictures on

every cruise?.......I used to be a photo taker but now not so much.

2 More weeks to go:D

I was thinking about this the other day....do all of you take pictures on

every cruise?.......I used to be a photo taker but now not so much.

Omg yes we do! We each carry our own cameras and when we get home we literally have well over a thousand photos. It takes me a while, but I sort through them and then have fun making photo books. The books are kept on one of our coffee tables as our guests and family members love looking at them. I'm currently creating a photo book from our trip to Hawaii. We're both looking forward to taking pictures on our first river cruise later this year.

I hope you'll have a spectacular cruise with tons of tulips in bloom. I'd definitely bring my camera for that as they weren't in bloom the last time I was in the Netherlands. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Omg yes we do! We each carry our own cameras and when we get home we literally have well over a thousand photos. It takes me a while, but I sort through them and then have fun making photo books. The books are kept on one of our coffee tables as our guests and family members love looking at them. I'm currently creating a photo book from our trip to Hawaii. We're both looking forward to taking pictures on our first river cruise later this year.

I hope you'll have a spectacular cruise with tons of tulips in bloom. I'd definitely bring my camera for that as they weren't in bloom the last time I was in the Netherlands. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Hi, thanks for the good wishes:).....I have never taken 1,000's of

photos but that is just me. Most of the memories just stay up here

(pointing to my head;))

I have just never been big on photos......I guess that is what makes us

all different. Doing photo books is not something that is in my wheelhouse.

I am hoping to see flowers in bloom though:)

Edited by Lois R

We are guilty of taking thousands of pictures... Both of us love to point and shoot. I have about 300GB of photos on my laptop from the past 10 years of traveling. The laptop drive is almost full!

I find that I like to have something to jog our memories of where we've been and what we did. I actually reference the photos a lot when Chris asks, "Have we been to ... and what did we do?" I have them organized a few different ways so I can pretty easily find what I'm looking for.

And I like to blog now and then, so that requires lots of pictures. But I almost never print pictures. They stay on the laptop and a few different backup systems. I organize and label them, and Chris and I pick our favorites to save in a virtual album so we can show people just the good shots.

Most of the memories just stay up here

(pointing to my head;))

I have just never been big on photos......I guess that is what makes us

all different. Doing photo books is not something that is in my wheelhouse.

I am hoping to see flowers in bloom though:)

I understand :). DH used to be like you, he preferred keeping his memories over photos - said if others wanted to see what he saw then they should go there too. But once our memories start to go (as much as we try to fight it, it's been happening :(), it's nice that we have the photo books to jog them. As you said though, we are all different and I like that :). I hope you'll write a review if you don't take any photos. We'll be on the AmaStella as well and I'd love to hear your take on it.

- T

I do the photo books as well. We have one for every trip we've taken since we got married 8 years ago. When my grandfather passed, I did one in memory of him and my grandmother who had passed a few years before. I learned where I got my love of travel and photography...from him. :) I started that book from his childhood through their lives together.

I got the photo bug in college, and still have the color slides from my sophomore European semester in 1967 [remember them? -- digital is so much easier!] We use Shutterfly to make a book of each trip. This may seem macabre, but as we attend more and more wakes each year we are glad that our kids can just scarf up all those books from the living room and put them out to show that we did Live before we died!

We are guilty of taking thousands of pictures... Both of us love to point and shoot. I have about 300GB of photos on my laptop from the past 10 years of traveling. The laptop drive is almost full!

DH has so many photos that yesterday we purchased a 3T cloud server to add to our home network. I don't take many photos but he more than makes up for that. He does put together a photo book of each trip.

Flying out 2 weeks from today:D

And have to wake up to news about the bombings at the Belgium

airport:(:mad:...........

Yes, I am still going on my trip.:)

Ditto on taking tons of pictures.

I took my 3 girls on a trip to Ireland last year. We combined all our pictures (over 2,500) and I made a calendar to send out to our extended family as Christmas presents. I made a second one for just us, w/ pictures from all our trips, back to when they were in grade school (they're in early 20's now). On Snapfish, you can fill each individual day's 'block' with it's own picture. With a lot of cropping and finagling, you can make a panoramic picture across several day's blocks. The girls in front of the Cliffs of Mohr came out great. The 11"-14" size was $20 on sale, and the photo print quality is great. Everyone was very happy, great gift.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi, Lois. Cannot get the quote button to work, but wanted to respond and say, Good for you! We too are planning to continue plans for our cruise. We fly out in 4 weeks. I think we had probably better all allow extra time for security screenings at the airports we fly from. (Which is fine with me!!)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.:)

Hi Lois,

Thinking the same thing! I think that those of us flying in the next few weeks could be safer because of heightened security-a pain for us but necessary for sure. You are going to have an awesome cruise and I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Sharon

Ditto on taking tons of pictures.

I took my 3 girls on a trip to Ireland last year. We combined all our pictures (over 2,500) and I made a calendar to send out to our extended family as Christmas presents. I made a second one for just us, w/ pictures from all our trips, back to when they were in grade school (they're in early 20's now). On Snapfish, you can fill each individual day's 'block' with it's own picture. With a lot of cropping and finagling, you can make a panoramic picture across several day's blocks. The girls in front of the Cliffs of Mohr came out great. The 11"-14" size was $20 on sale, and the photo print quality is great. Everyone was very happy, great gift.

Enjoy your cruise!

Love your idea for the calendar with all your past vacations. What a great way to use all those pictures many of us are storing in boxes. Thanks for sharing with us.

We leave for Basel two weeks from yesterday to board the Amacerto for an Enchanting Rhine cruise. We ew hoping the weather warms up there! Very excited for our first river cruise, too. Lois, it would be fun to compare notes when we return.

Linda

Today's tragic events suck some of the joy out of our departure Monday. I guess I won't carry my backpack while touring Paris, too much of a hassle clearing security at the museums.

Both attacks occurred outside the secure areas airside, unfortunately increased searches at the checkpoints would not have helped.

Safe travels! Enjoy life! Can't wait to hear your thoughts about your first river cruise. I hope the tulips are even more gorgeous than you imagine

We leave for Basel two weeks from yesterday to board the Amacerto for an Enchanting Rhine cruise. We ew hoping the weather warms up there! Very excited for our first river cruise, too. Lois, it would be fun to compare notes when we return.

Linda

Hi Linda, that does sound fun:) I hope you have a wonderful cruise too:)