Crown Grill reservations

lbfluffy

You can call (DINE) once onboard to reserve a table or usually during the first day there is often someone outside the crown grill taking reservations. I typically just go there once onboard after eating lunch on embarkation day and make a reservation. You can't make a reservation pre-cruise.

Edited by Habs_Fan

Is there a way I can make a reservation to the Crown Grill ahead of time? Thanks.

You can't make it ahead of time. Just go there after you check your cabin and you will have no problem. I do it all the time that way. Happy Anniversary!!!

Tony

If anyone from Princess cares or ever raeds these boards : Princess could learn a thing or two from Oceania in marketing their Specialty restaurants .

On cruises over 7 days there is no sound reason why pax should not be able to pre book specialty restaurants based on class of accommodation booked and length of cruise .

Like Oceania open bookings XX days before your departure, based on class of cabin booked. Book a suite and you get more visits to book than if you book in steerage . Its not rocket science, Princess could easily do it .

If anyone from Princess cares or ever raeds these boards : Princess could learn a thing or two from Oceania in marketing their Specialty restaurants .

On cruises over 7 days there is no sound reason why pax should not be able to pre book specialty restaurants based on class of accommodation booked and length of cruise .

Like Oceania open bookings XX days before your departure, based on class of cabin booked. Book a suite and you get more visits to book than if you book in steerage . Its not rocket science, Princess could easily do it .

I disagree. I think it works well the way it does now. I think there are very few instances of someone not getting the day and time they want if they make the reservation once they board the ship.

In addition, some people want the specialty restaurant on formal nights and some do not want it those night. Until you board the ship on cruises longer than 7 days, you really have no clue as to when the formal evenings will be.

Others want the specialty restaurant when there is a night in the dining room the menu does not appeal to them. Once they board the ship, the specialty restaurant will have a list of what menus are used when in the dining rooms.

I totally do not agree. The current Princess method works fine, and we have never had difficulty obtaining a reservation once on board. I would not want Princess, and believe it would be the wrong move, to go to a class system based on accommodation type or loyalty status. Everyone should be treated equal regardless of how much was paid for the cabin. The marketing goal is to get passengers to return for another cruise, and having non equal access to special restaurants would not support this goal.

One other point, DR food as well as all the other "free" dining on Princess is of high enough quality that demand for special dining is not as high as it may be on some other lines. I was recently on a Princess cruise with a loyal customer of another cruise line. She told me that right after they boarded they made reservations for most evenings in the two surcharge restaurants, and that the decision was based on her experience of lower quality food in the MDR of the other line. Once she dined in the Princess MDR she cancelled all but one of the reservations. Some of you may disagree, but to her surprise the DR food was very good quality.

Everyone should be treated equal regardless of how much was paid for the cabin.

This is not even currently true.

Folks in suites get better treatment that others.

(and for what they pay, they should)

I have also had a maitre d', or two, offer to make

a reservation for me, when there is a problem.

As to 'never a problem getting reservations' ... I have

found it challenging on Regal and Royal, and during

holiday cruises (like New Year's eve).

I wonder if princess were to add a 'book in advance' option

if it might include 'pay in advance', like the shore

excursion test.

This would be a good way for princess to get more 'real money'

from people, as one could no longer use OBC.

I would like to pre book too. I fail to see, if everyone has this opportunity, that this constitues paying your way to the front of the queue. Makes no sense. For those who like to wait, then do so. Celebrity has this option also. The last thing I want to do when boarding is bother with making all the reservations.

Is there a way I can make a reservation to the Crown Grill ahead of time? Thanks.

We found it very easy to book once we boarded. We found the food to be good, but the steaks were very inferior to what we experienced on Celebrity Eclipse. That being said the seafood was very good. The Chilean sea bass was excellent. For a $25 upcharge it was generally worth it.

IMO Oceania's specialty dining system is a mess.

Princess works well just the way it is.