Sky Suite S1/S2 / Michaels Club?

emsachs

Hello a quick question before I book a Sky Suite for the first time; does the below wording mean that alcoholic drinks are only complimentary in Michaels Club in the evening 5-8, or does the time refer to the Tapas selection only?

Asking because there is the odd occasion when I like a beer early afternoon, and complimentary always tastes better.

harz99: Alcohol based drinks are not just available from 5 PM to 8 PM. There will be a bartender staffing MC starting noon (times can vary slightly depending on the sailing) until around midnight. So you can order an afternoon drink or after dinner drink with no problem. It is a lovely venue, and I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you Northern Aurora! So as I suspected the time reference is for the tapas. I'm sure we will enjoy the lounge, in fact it'll be deja vu for us as we have previously enjoyed Elite cocktail hours and also watched Perry Grant in there back in the "good old days".

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...
Drinks available in Michael's club all day. The bar closes late, not sure exactly, but water and soda in fridge of the club available 24 hours. Also coffee machine make your own available

This in an old thread, but hoping someone can answer. We are booked in a Sky suite on the Silhouette in January 2018. I understand we have use of Michael's Club, and I see we can get complimentary drink after 1730/530pm....however, I wonder about getting, say, a gin and tonic in the afternoon, before then? I've read the Club is open, but I don't know if there is a bartender on duty during the day. Anymore confirm one way or the other?

I read this on RCCL's (Celebrity's parent) web site regarding the Michael's Club:

This private relaxation area features a wide-screen TV; reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers and books. Premium

continental breakfast, light lunch and self-service snacks will be available throughout the day. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks are provided

between 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm daily. Drinks served throughout day until 12 pm

That is a little confusing......complimentary drinks between 530pm/1730 - 2000/8pm, but drinks are served throughout the day? Sounds to me like the drinks are complimentary between those two hours, but possibly additional charge otherwise. We have a bar set up in our cabin, but still, it'd be nice to drop in after lunch for an afternoon sip of something.....on the "house". :cool:

Thanks.

Edited by PaperSniper4

Also don't look for a continental breakfast or a light lunch. Those words were written by someone in the marketing department who obviously had never set foot on a ship and never checked with anyone to see if that really happens. It doesn't. No breakfast, no lunch.

This in an old thread, but hoping someone can answer. We are booked in a Sky suite on the Silhouette in January 2018. I understand we have use of Michael's Club, and I see we can get complimentary drink after 1730/530pm....however, I wonder about getting, say, a gin and tonic in the afternoon, before then? I've read the Club is open, but I don't know if there is a bartender on duty during the day. Anymore confirm one way or the other?

I read this on RCCL's (Celebrity's parent) web site regarding the Michael's Club:

This private relaxation area features a wide-screen TV; reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers and books. Premium

continental breakfast, light lunch and self-service snacks will be available throughout the day. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks are provided

between 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm daily. Drinks served throughout day until 12 pm

That is a little confusing......complimentary drinks between 530pm/1730 - 2000/8pm, but drinks are served throughout the day? Sounds to me like the drinks are complimentary between those two hours, but possibly additional charge otherwise. We have a bar set up in our cabin, but still, it'd be nice to drop in after lunch for an afternoon sip of something.....on the "house". :cool:

Thanks.

If you are booked in a suite- it is likely that you have all 4 perks including the premium drink package. Just go to any bar on the ship. Michael's Club will serve anything you want day or night - if there is a bartender in there at the time. Your butler will also get you drinks.

If you are booked in a suite- it is likely that you have all 4 perks including the premium drink package. Just go to any bar on the ship. Michael's Club will serve anything you want day or night - if there is a bartender in there at the time. Your butler will also get you drinks.

Don't count on that as an automatic perk of being a suite guest. The only thing I know of that is included in butler service as far as drinks are concerned is having cappuccino brought to your suite.

I have been in a RS twice and the PH twice in the last 4 years and have never had the butler offer, nor did I ask him to bring us cocktails.

Drinks brought to your cabin are not a part of any beverage package, they are considered room service and therefore in most cases you would be charged for them.

It is a rare occasion you may have a butler who would get you a drink, but it is not common.

Even as a PH guest, I would never ask my butler to do this, as it is not a part of his job.

Also don't look for a continental breakfast or a light lunch. Those words were written by someone in the marketing department who obviously had never set foot on a ship and never checked with anyone to see if that really happens. It doesn't. No breakfast, no lunch.

At one time they did serve a continental breakfast in MC, but very few had it. Ended about the time Luninae was introduced. The information needs to be updated as soon as a change is made.

On our last cruise in March on the Eclipse, Michael's Club served sandwiches in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's part of the afternoon tea. Butlers serve the drinks and snacks. At one time delivered to the Suites. Will still if requested.

Quick question..we are booked on the Reflection 1/2019 We are in aft corner cabin 9301 S1 category.

Is the balcony shaded? We did get all 4 perks plus a huge OBC from my TA.. can't wait, usually sail in Aqua, but it's DH 75th birthday so wanted it to be special.

Quick question..we are booked on the Reflection 1/2019 We are in aft corner cabin 9301 S1 category.

Is the balcony shaded? We did get all 4 perks plus a huge OBC from my TA.. can't wait, usually sail in Aqua, but it's DH 75th birthday so wanted it to be special.

What is so special about that day and not today?

I am over 70 and I feel every day is special. Don't want to reserve that special day until I m 75 and I am not in a rush to get there. Times goes by fast enough without wishing it away. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

What is so special about that day and not today?

I am over 70 and I feel every day is special. Don't want to reserve that special day until I m 75 and I am not in a rush to get there. Times goes by fast enough without wishing it away. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Your right, every day is great.. at this time we have 4 vacations planned until January 2019, but probably will be adding a couple more. We make the most out of everyday.

Sincere best wishes for your cruise! Hope your DH has a great birthday.

One of the nicest perks about suite sailing is the concierge who will arrange lots of things to make your cruise special...Have a chat with them about any activities you think your husband may enjoy (bridge tour, theatre behind the scenes tour.....).

Then there is your butler, ask him birthday morning to deliver breakfast to your suite. Alternatively take a few decorations on your cruise, pass them to your butler and when you come back from breakfast at Luminae you suite will be 'decorated'....

Have a wonderful time!

Thanks Chemmo for your kind wishes.

Were are not one for decorations but just want to enjoy his day. We celebrated our 50th anniversary aboard the Infinity in South America. Blu MaitreD was fantastic, then the next night we did Chef Table. We are traveling with dear friends, so there will be a lot of celebrations. They have noted in our reservation that it is his birthday, but 5 days later it is our Anniversary, and 6 days later it is my birthday..so the celebrations will be going on the entire cruise.