all-inclusive beverage package - advice

Dajo5601

Hi folks, I suppose this question may have been asked before but I need some advice on the above. For me personally the "all-inclusive beverage package" at £36.63 per day seems a reasonable deal, but as my wife rarely has any alcoholic drinks, just a coke etc., the package would not work. Now then my requested advice is this, how does it work if my wife and I sit down for a drink and I avail myself of a glass of wine via my "package", but she just wants a coke?. is my wine set against the "package" and we sign for her coke as normal - or what?.

Thanks in advance for any responses or advice.

David.

It is just like two friends sitting in a bar each paying their own tab. Your drink (s) are charged to your card. Since you have the AIBP, there is no charge.

Your wife's coke would be charged to her card. Without a package, there would be an amount charged.

You use your card for your drink, which would have a zero balance, and her card for her drink, which would have a charge for the drink. If you wanted to get both drinks, your drink would have zero charge, but your would sign a receipt with a charge for her soda.

Alternative, if she enjoys non-alcoholic beverages, is the soda and more package at about $8 a day, and she would have unlimited non-alcoholic beverages including soda, mocktails, etc..

The card also covers all premium coffees and delicious specialty teas and iced teas - plus bottled and sparkling water. We used it for all of those, plus our cocktails and wine - so be sure to figure that all in.

The AIBP is fantastic for those who would make good use of it. It sound to me like your wife should get the Soda & More (previously the Ultimate Kids Package) sticker. I's freaking awesome for those not drinking alcohol. I bought it once and it was great. I loved the moctails!

On Princess you can purchase a package for one and not the other person or you can purchase different packages for each person.

They are no longer selling the "soda only" package on line, but I've read that it is available on the ship. The cost is $5 USD per day. The soda and more (includes mocktails, juice, milkshakes on ships that have them, etc) is $8 US per day.

• 10 months later...
Does the package cover energy drinks also?

ANY drink up to $10.

I'm always surprised by the "but what about..." posts. It's pretty clear when they say any drink but people always ask. :confused: It's kind of like the "are formal nights different on Alaska cruises?" question. The answer, of course, is "No" but it still gets asked a lot.

Ah, well. It doesn't hurt anything.

For me personally the "all-inclusive beverage package" at £36.63 per day seems a reasonable deal

David.

Hi David. My Cruise Personalizer quotes the AIBP at £45.96 per day. Just wondered where you saw that price as it is £10 a day less than my quote.

Hi folks, I suppose this question may have been asked before but I need some advice on the above. For me personally the "all-inclusive beverage package" at £36.63 per day seems a reasonable deal, but as my wife rarely has any alcoholic drinks, just a coke etc., the package would not work. Now then my requested advice is this, how does it work if my wife and I sit down for a drink and I avail myself of a glass of wine via my "package", but she just wants a coke?. is my wine set against the "package" and we sign for her coke as normal - or what?.

Thanks in advance for any responses or advice.

David.

Hi David,

Check out the AIBP calculator that I now maintain. I have attached it to this post. I have also included a link to download Microsoft's free Excel viewer if you need it.

Paul

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=10

Princess All Inclusive Beverage Package AIBP Evaluator rev4 posted 02-14-2017.xls

If you are a wine drinker, it isn't worth it. They usually only let you buy one selection in each category by the glass. It is usually the cheapest one available.

Not sure what your talking about, but the selection for buying wine by the glass is pretty decent we think..

Just got home from a 10 day on the Island with the AIBP. There are very few drinks priced over $10 so you can have pretty much anything you want (a few wines and scotches are more than$10). There were about a dozen wines by the glass so we had no trouble pairing something we liked with meals. It's a little pricey but when you add up the cost of special coffees, bottled

water, cocktails and wine it's not hard to justify and very nice to just relax and enjoy whatever you feel like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2017 at 9:32 AM, cruisincdns said:

Hi David,

Check out the AIBP calculator that I now maintain. I have attached it to this post. I have also included a link to download Microsoft's free Excel viewer if you need it.

Paul

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=10

Princess All Inclusive Beverage Package AIBP Evaluator rev4 posted 02-14-2017.xls

This All Inclusive beverage package evaluator is no longer being maintained or available.

3 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

It does not cover canned sodas - just bar sodas. It does not carry large bottles of water - just small bottles. It does not include room service.

Your replying to an ancient post some fool decided to drag up to the top 

• Haha 1