Future Cruise Credits?

Jilliebean28

So we just received two checks reimbursing my dh and me ($100 each)for future cruise credits we made on our last cruise in 2015. Very confused as to why they would do this. Trying to call them now. Has anyone else had this happen??

Future Cruise Deposits are automatically refunded after two years, unless you extend them. But in your case if you indeed purchased them in 2015 they can't be more than 16 months old. Puzzling?

Although Future Cruise Deposits are now only two years, it is now a "Book by" date instead of a "Sail by" date. As long as you book by the expiration date, the cruise can be anytime in the future.

You may have forgotten about some Future Cruise Deposits you purchased in 2014. Check in the Cruise Personalizer to see what Future Cruise Deposits you still have - it should still list the ones purchased in 2015.

So we just received two checks reimbursing my dh and me ($100 each)for future cruise credits we made on our last cruise in 2015. Very confused as to why they would do this. Trying to call them now. Has anyone else had this happen??

It's a good thing you noticed them in the mail. I've been told they come in as "junk mail" type of mail and sometimes people don't realize they've gotten them back.

I miss the days when it was 4 years, but I prefer to cruise more often... so it works out. Lately we've been doing a couple a year! I like our new trend!

Sorry you got them back and didn't get to book a future cruise.

Edited by jennybenny

There is also the posibilty they used a newer one from 2015, instead of an older one from 2014 by mistake. Had that happen to me once, did not use the oldest one in my bank.

That happened to my wife once as well. I noticed when we were looking at our profiles so I called Princess and they fixed it.

The Princess district rep came to our TA a few weeks ago. Her comment about FCCs indicated it was becoming too much of a challenge to refund expired FCCs at the four-year marker because almost everyone's credit card expiration date has rolled by then, so they can't process the refund. Inevitably, if the customer hasn't cruised in four years, they haven't kept their profile up to date and have moved, so if mail forwarding has expired (after 1 year) they end up really struggling to refund the money.

She said it's now two years to book (rather than four years to CRUISE), and if you're working with a TA, you can bump it out to 3 and then 4 years if you want. I assume you could do the same by calling Princess direct; I suspect they just need the opportunity to get things up to date (including CC expiration date).

Considering that we went through three new card numbers in a span of two months (Home Depot, Target, and some fraud we spotted ourselves), I'm not surprised they have trouble keeping up with CC numbers.

I think it has to do with credit cards being replaced often as well. It's hard to put them back on a card that is no longer in use.

If you think these are from 2015 I would call them to figure out what is going on. We keep a few floating as we like to book cruises far out. I have to be careful now with the 2 year policy.

We received ours in March, after two years. Then Princess sent me an awesome deal and we went for it. I let my TA know about the situation and they immediately made everything right. We leave for Pacific Princess in 11 days.

Thank you all for your replies. I called Princess and they explained that these were credits from our first Princess cruise that had never been applied to either of the more recent cruises. I guess I had assumed they were automatically applied but was informed that they are not. And yes, thankfully my husband opened the mail that day because I would have assumed they were junk mail and shredded them. There is nothing on the envelope that indicates they have anything to do with Princess. Getting ready to book my next cruise and will make sure our recent credits do get applied! Thanks again everyone!!:)