VOOM Roll Call

Not a bad ping time, but they are really throttling the transfer speeds for surf only. Thanks.

I agree. The surprising thing is that we were able to Skype with my family in Namibia with good results. We are also able to see the Port Everglades Video stream. I assume this will change when we sail, but I will update throughout the week. [emoji846]

Also, wanted to confirm that the D discount is $20 or a free day of SURF only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for confirming the D discount. We will have 5 D's with us on the FOS in August, so we could cascade the free day to get 5 SURF days free. However, with the speeds people have reported, may still decide to go with the SURF + Stream at $12.99/day. I do need it for work and don't want to be wishing it was faster.

mac_tlc

Reporting from our sea day, Allure, en route to Labadee. Still got to Skype with great clarity with my family in Namibia... We only have the VOOM surf. One of my apps runs commercials, and that does not work well.

So, for those who want to use Voom for Skype, it seems that the "Surf" package is adequate. :)

886630ace766424a2fb9d264079be83a.jpg

From Allure in Labadee today...

Is it helpful that I post the speed of Surf package each day? I am not ping/speed savvy, so this info may just crowd the thread. Let me know - I am glad to report, but don't want to share 'old news'.

On that note: we were still able to Skype with very clear results from Labadee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Allure in Labadee today...

Is it helpful that I post the speed of Surf package each day? I am not ping/speed savvy, so this info may just crowd the thread. Let me know - I am glad to report, but don't want to share 'old news'.

On that note: we were still able to Skype with very clear results from Labadee.

At this early stage, I'm thinking it's good to have a data point each day. Thanks.:)

I will be on Anthem in 2 weeks and have the surf and stream package I will post each day the speed test results with location.

Anthem has had fantastic internet since she arrived in New Jersey. No issues there.

:)

OK, May 1st has come an gone. Which ships are confirmed to have VOOM installed and fully operational? Let's start with...

Anthem

Quantum

Oasis

Allure

Freedom

Enchantment's internet has been very good so far, working everywhere on the ship, including my cabin AND my balcony.

Enchantment's internet has been very good so far, working everywhere on the ship, including my cabin AND my balcony.

If you get a chance, would you please test using speedtest.net?

At this early stage, I'm thinking it's good to have a data point each day. Thanks.:)

Thanks for the feedback, Bob. I will report back every day. [emoji846]

BTW - we are on the western Caribbean itinerary, and so far have not experienced a single drop in wifi. Definitely worth the $63.63 we paid to keep in touch with family. We have 4 devices, using each alternately on the 1 device plan.

Here it is: Your daily Voom surf ping from Allure. We are in Falmouth, Jamaica today.

ad8880e8fa3cf7ef3640b7146f953a9c.jpg

I don't understand how that is considered high speed internet? I just checked mine on my IPad at home and download is >25.00 and upload is > 3.50.

I would think it's too slow at those numbers?

I don't understand how that is considered high speed internet? I just checked mine on my IPad at home and download is >25.00 and upload is > 3.50.

I would think it's too slow at those numbers?

I believe in the post above, that test was done on the slower (Surf only) option, not the Surf & Stream.

That is correct, Bob. For us, the surf works great, as we only use it for WhatsApp and a bit of Cruise Critic & FB. Uploading videos and photos through WhatsApp takes about 5-20 seconds. Today, we were also able to watch video posts on Facebook without a problem. I would not recommend it if you want to Periscope or watch movies, but for basic internet, 'surf' is just fine. In fact, it is better than any internet we had in hotels.

Hope this helps those who are still wondering whether they need surf or stream.

Hiya. Here you go ADPMOM. I've got surf and stream on Allure of the Seas.

78465c2f294691ed972f7c59641ce18e.jpg

I've got surf and stream too and got 4.13 mbps download and 1.74 upload. Sorry no screenshot. Tempermental phone. : )

We have the best roll call! Thanks Celisse and Robin! ;)