Majesty question

My husband and I have booked a 4-day cruise on Majesty before our Oasis cruise. We're okay with smaller ships but this one is tiny. Can anyone give us some feedback.....good or bad.

My husband and I have booked a 4-day cruise on Majesty before our Oasis cruise. We're okay with smaller ships but this one is tiny. Can anyone give us some feedback.....good or bad.

Wow !

Majesty of the Seas (Sovereign Class) in 1992 the worlds largest cruise ship , now known as a "smaller ship " .

I was on it in 2007 and it was great! Although it doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" it still has a lot to do. There is a rock climbing wall, solarium, pools, hot tub. Mind you 2007 was a while ago, but I remember it being nice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow !

Majesty of the Seas (Sovereign Class) in 1992 the worlds largest cruise ship , now known as a "smaller ship " .

Agree! Sovereign was our first cruise in 1990 - hardly a "tiny" ship then!

OP, at 880' and 74,000 gross ton's displacement, while a smaller ship, hardly "tiny" today either.....:D

The Majesty Happy Hour in the VCL for D and above is incredibly generous. You can pretty much order whatever you want. At least that's how it's always been. Since it's the same HD, I'm sure he hasn't changed it.

There's a full bar in the VCL - it's just hidden away behind closed doors. They offer full bar service all night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by MattInFLL

I always get a kick when newer cruisers describe a ship the size of Majesty as "tiny". I used to have a great time on Regal Empress, and she was 1/4 the size. Majesty is also larger than the legendary QE2, and over 50% larger than Titanic.

No offense to the OP, but these days many new cruisers only know the mega-ships, and feel that anything less will be inadequate or boring. Experience over many years (31 for me) teaches one differently!

Of course, I must add, that it took these mega-ships to get many to even try a cruise, because some prefer not to think they are on a ship. The floating shopping mall / amusement park / resort concept certainly works!

Otherwise, don't knock it until you try it

I always get a kick when newer cruisers describe a ship the size of Majesty as "tiny". I used to have a great time on Regal Empress, and she was 1/4 the size. Majesty is also larger than the legendary QE2, and over 50% larger than Titanic.

No offense to the OP, but these days many new cruisers only know the mega-ships, and feel that anything less will be inadequate or boring. Experience over many years (31 for me) teaches one differently!

Of course, I must add, that it took these mega-ships to get many to even try a cruise, because some prefer not to think they are on a ship. The floating shopping mall / amusement park / resort concept certainly works!

But you've never sailed her, how come?

But you've never sailed her, how come?

Does it really matter? How many ships have you not sailed? Back then it was QE2, Regal and Celebrity. I lived in the New York Area then, and mostly cruised out of NYC, with Caribe and Europe thrown in.

Now that I am ensconced in sunny south Florida, I'm not so eager to cruise as I do not need to "escape" the northern climes. I've got the weather, the palm trees, a beach and a swimming pool. Many nice restaurants also. I take it that Cocoa Beech is pretty nice too, just too northern for me! ;)

I take it you've been on QE2 a dozen+ times? How about Regal Empress? Nope! Only one Celebrity, on Galaxy? Great ship, but she's with the Germans now. Obviously I did not see any Cunard. We do what we can do when we can.

Having an opinion about a ship's size does not mean that one has had to have sailed on her.

Edited by loubetti

Well said!

The Sovereign Class has been one of our favorites. The concept of the Centrum is well designed and used on Majesty OTS as many venues are directly off the Centrum.

Majesty also has the largest Boleros in the RCI fleet.

Does it really matter? How many ships have you not sailed? Back then it was QE2, Regal and Celebrity. I lived in the New York Area then, and mostly cruised out of NYC, with Caribe and Europe thrown in.

Now that I am ensconced in sunny south Florida, I'm not so eager to cruise as I do not need to "escape" the northern climes. I've got the weather, the palm trees, a beach and a swimming pool. Many nice restaurants also. I take it that Cocoa Beech is pretty nice too, just too northern for me! ;)

I take it you've been on QE2 a dozen+ times? How about Regal Empress? Nope! Only one Celebrity, on Galaxy? Great ship, but she's with the Germans now. Obviously I did not see any Cunard. We do what we can do when we can.

Having an opinion about a ship's size does not mean that one has had to have sailed on her.

I really don't mean to be flip, but I don't comment on Celebrity, it's been to long since I sailed with them. Same thing with Princess, Carnival, Holland, etc. It's just been to long and I have no knowledge of the current state. I occasionally will comment on NCL because those trips are more recent.

A bit rude here! AA point can be made without all the sarcasm!

Every sailing we have taken on Her Majesty has been fun. The first sailing we ever did was on Navigator and a few months after we sailed on Her Majesty, and we could have been disappointed in her, because her bigger sister had so much more to do on her....but no....Her Majesty makes up for her lack of WOW, with a great staff that makes the most of what she does have. Now for families they have the Splashaway Bay water area for kids and that is a true plus.

ENJOY!

Compared to Oasis class, I consider Majesty tiny and I stand by my choice of words. Oh, we ARE trying this ship out in a few month. If you will note.....I am NOT a new cruiser!

Edited by Reijo

Every sailing we have taken on Her Majesty has been fun. The first sailing we ever did was on Navigator and a few months after we sailed on Her Majesty, and we could have been disappointed in her, because her bigger sister had so much more to do on her....but no....Her Majesty makes up for her lack of WOW, with a great staff that makes the most of what she does have. Now for families they have the Splashaway Bay water area for kids and that is a true plus.

ENJOY!

Thanks for your post. We have sailed on the megaships as well as smaller ships going back to the 80's. Since this ship is coming into Port Canaveral we are giving her a try. I'm sure we'll enjoy it, just not what we're used to.

Well said!

The Sovereign Class has been one of our favorites. The concept of the Centrum is well designed and used on Majesty OTS as many venues are directly off the Centrum.

Majesty also has the largest Boleros in the RCI fleet.

Her Majesty has her own personal WOW factor.....she can boast of the largest Boleros in the fleet. All kidding aside, the ship gives her cruisers a great sailing.

Yes, the cabins are small and if you have been on her bigger sisters you will feel the size difference, but DON'T let it fool you....you will have a terrific time.

Our last cruise on Her Majesty was two months before her dry dock....and yes she needed refurbishing is some public areas and probably in some cabins. She needed new jaccuzzi's (and got them) she needed a face lift, and from what I have read, has gotten it.

She probably needed maintenance on hidden areas, like plumbing etc.

But if you want an enjoyable cruise.....she can give it to you!

Just got off her yesterday. Yes, she is small. That being said the service was excellent, one of the best crews we have had. Food was good and plentiful. There is a large pool deck and we were always able to find a place to sit. It did not feel crowded at all. We like to ballroom dance and there isn't a lot of places to do that but considering the crowd was much younger than us I'm not surprised.

I thought the cruise was a great short getaway.

Jan

Just got off her yesterday. Yes, she is small. That being said the service was excellent, one of the best crews we have had. Food was good and plentiful. There is a large pool deck and we were always able to find a place to sit. It did not feel crowded at all. We like to ballroom dance and there isn't a lot of places to do that but considering the crowd was much younger than us I'm not surprised.

I thought the cruise was a great short getaway.

Jan

I know you can have a GREAT cruise on her....size in this case is not the issue, attitude is !