General beverage questions

elycelynne

I'm not a coffee drinker and like to start my day with Diet Coke instead of coffee. For both Horizon Court and the dining room, is soda available in the morning? And if not, is it permissible for me to bring my own can and just ask for a glass with ice? This will be my first sailing on Princess, and I have no idea how beverage service is handled in Horizon Court -- Brought by waitstaff or self-service?

Also, I know that the coffee card includes "teas". Is this the only way you can get tea (other than actually going to tea), or does this just refer to specialty or higher-end teas?

Finally, is there a drink menu (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) post anywhere in this forum?

Edited by elycelynne

I'm not a coffee drinker and like to start my day with Diet Coke instead of coffee. For both Horizon Court and the dining room, is soda available in the morning? And if not, is it permissible for me to bring my own can and just ask for a glass with ice?

This will be my first sailing on Princess, and I have no idea how beverage service is handled in Horizon Court -- Brought by waitstaff or self-service?

Yes you can get fountain soda or canned soda at breakfast. You can get it yourself at the bar just outside the Horizon Ct. or you can ask the waiter to get it for you. Also available in the DR's and in the Atrium Bar in the early morning. There is a charge for sodas.

You can carry on board as much soda as you wish, store it in your cabin's fridge and carry it to any venue you like.

You can purchase the soda & more package, $8.05/day, "Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge." Canned soda is not included with this package.

You should be able to order Diet Coke in HC or MDR anytime you dine there. You would need to order it from a server.

Hot tea is free in both venues. You can order it or get it yourself in HC.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Canned sodas purchased on board are $2.30 including automatic gratuity. A soda sticker for your card is $5 (IF they are selling the soda only on board) or $8.05 if you have to buy "soda and more." You can purchase a can at a bar or by asking a server to get it. You can bring in your own can and get a glass of ice.

There are several types of tea bags available at no charge--lipton, Twinning, and (I think) Bigelow. There is a little beverage area in the Horizon Court where you can make your own or ask a server. This little beverage area is open all the time, so you can always go in, make tea, and go back to the pool, cabin, or wherever.

The coffee card will get you a pot of fresh brewed tea from the International Cafe provided there are still punches left on your card from the current cruise. It will also get you fresh brewed "normal" coffee--also no punch needed. Specialty coffee will use a punch. If you have punches left over, you can use them on your next cruise BUT you can't use that card for the "free" coffee or tea assuming that someone filled in the voyage number on the card.

The tea you get when you go to afternoon tea is nothing special. It is a nice experience, but it isn't like some places where you choose from a variety of teas. On the other hand, it has no additional charge, while those that have lots of tea choices on other cruise lines also typically have an upcharge attached.

Edited by moki'smommy

You can purchase the soda & more package, $8.05/day, "Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge." Canned soda is not included with this package.

While I know canned soda is not included with the beverage package, I feel like I read somewhere that bottled water *is* included -- is that correct?

While I know canned soda is not included with the beverage package, I feel like I read somewhere that bottled water *is* included -- is that correct?

I think I read just the opposite -- No mention of bottled water in the description plus the fact that Princess offers a separate bottled water package.

You can grab a glass of ice at the Princess Live cafe if your headed towards the IC or tell the server when you sit down in the HC or MDR. Since your leaving from a US port, I would bring a case or two of diet coke onboard.

I think I read just the opposite -- No mention of bottled water in the description plus the fact that Princess offers a separate bottled water package.

You can order a case of water (12 pack, 500ml or 16oz) online for $6.90 in your personalizer. It's available pre-cruise only. If your bring on soda it might ease the load some for you.

Bottled water is not listed as part of any soda package, and it was not included in December, 2015.

You might be getting confused--there is a HUGE difference between the "all inclusive BEVERAGE" package and the soda or "soda and more" package.

Bottled water is NOT included in the soda & more package. Bottled water as well as canned soda is included in the All Inclusive Beverage Package @ $56.35/day, maybe that is what you are thinking.

Edited by sknight

Bottled water is not listed as part of any soda package' date=' and it was not included in December, 2015.

You might be getting confused--there is a HUGE difference between the "all inclusive BEVERAGE" package and the soda or "soda and more" package.[/quote']

Thanks for the clarification -- I think indeed I was getting it confused with the AIBP.

I thought I saw somewhere that there was an exception to the "no cans" part of the Unlimited Soda and More package -- Specifically, canned root beer. Can anyone confirm? If so, what brand, and is there both a regular and diet option?

I thought I saw somewhere that there was an exception to the "no cans" part of the Unlimited Soda and More package -- Specifically, canned root beer. Can anyone confirm? If so, what brand, and is there both a regular and diet option?

On our last two sailings this year, the root beer was Barq's, and no diet option. (Barq's has "bite" ie, caffeine) So, for those of us who don't do caffeine, the only soda option was Sprite or Sprite Zero, or ginger ale. (Sprite Zero is in a can, and covered by soda and more package).

Hope that helps.

As a fellow 'diet coke in the morning' cruiser.... :), if you are up very early, I found sometimes the bars outside the HC were not open when I went to breakfast (even though their posted times indicated they should be....) I found it best to pick up a Diet Coke and bring it to the HC with me. I think the IC is open 24 hours, or even though I had the soda package, I finally bought a couple of cans at a bar the night before, so I would have them in the morning. If you have breakfast in the dining room, they will get you a Diet Coke also, but they do have to go out and find an open bar, so it can take awhile.