Would X sell a segment of a TA at a cheaper rate?

Ox Fan Cruiser

I wouldn't sail from Southampton if you paid me :eek:

and personally - I prefer the warmer route-

Barcelona, Spain

Mon Cartagena, Spain

Tue Granada (Malaga), Spain

Wed At Sea

Thu Funchal, Madeira

Fri At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda 09:00 AM 05:00 PM 1

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri Miami, Florida

Sat At Sea

Sun Tampa, Florida.

We are leaving from Southampton because we are spending four wonderful weeks driving around Wales and England.

Yes, we go the northern route, but we have great stops in Boston, NYC (overnight), Bermuda, Bahamas and ending in Miami.

We are leaving from Southampton because we are spending four wonderful weeks driving around Wales and England.

Yes, we go the northern route, but we have great stops in Boston, NYC (overnight), Bermuda, Bahamas and ending in Miami.

I know - I chose the northern route specifically for Boston, NYC and Bermuda! For me it was the perfect cap to 65 days in Europe. Formerly from Massachusetts I am looking forward to visiting some old favorites in Boston and I never tire of time in the Big Apple! Bermuda is a super bonus as I have wanted to visit there for very long time!

The PVSA is not an issue on a TA cruise from England. The issue would be whether Celebrity could arrange with CBP to disembark a few passengers in Boston. Assuming that could be arranged, it is likely that X would want to charge to full fare (to Miami) to even those passengers got off in Boston. The reason is that Celebrity would not be able to use that cabin on the last leg (PVSA would prohibit a Boston to Miami cruise).

I should add that we have disembarked cruises a day or 2 early (usually in Europe) but have never received (nor expected) any type of price reduction.

Hank

I'd love to sail on the Eclipse on it's TA in October. Problem is, my wife doesn't have much time off at work. The Eclipse sails from South Hampton to Boston on it's first leg of the cruise to Florida. We live 35 miles from Boston. The leg is Saturday to Saturday. Perfect for what we need. I called them and they don't break it down. I "could" ask for a early disembarkation after booking. Meaning full fare and tips for the entire sailing, not just SH to Boston. Is this always the case?

You already called them and got the answer. They will not sell you a portion of a cruise at a discounted rate.

Edited by cruzsnooze

The PVSA ....... The reason is that Celebrity would not be able to use that cabin on the last leg (PVSA would prohibit a Boston to Miami cruise).

Hank

Nearly correct, though, in the spirit of things -is- correct [emoji1]

Although the use of the acronym should have been made clear for all readers, the PVSA (Passenger Vessel Services Act) does not prohibit a passenger getting off in Boston then getting off in Miami, where at least one of the following conditions are met:

1) The vessel is U.S. registered.

2) The vessel goes to the port of Aruba, Bonaire, or Curaçao before going to Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gentleman mentioned Eclipse, so although leaving out the proper title is referring to Celebrity Cruise Lines' Celebrity Eclipse.

Not all TA's out of Southampton take a northerly route we have done quite a few and have stopped in Maderia then a few ports in the Caribbean before disembarking.

I was referring to Elaine0138's quote on TA from Southampton which take the Madeira route - not the OPs .

It must be a distant foreign port outside of North America - the ABC's are the only qualifying ports in the Caribbean.

This is why almost every Panama Canal cruise from the west coast to east coast stops at Cartagena as well.

Although the use of the acronym should have been made clear for all readers, the PVSA (Passenger Vessel Services Act) does not prohibit a passenger getting off in Boston then getting off in Miami, where at least one of the following conditions are met:

2) The vessel goes to the port of Aruba, Bonaire, or Curaçao before going to Miami

Didn't know they went all the way down to the ABCs. So you are correct that they could sell that as a segment. In fact, the Regal Princess actually sails a fall repostioning cruise that goes from NYC (Red Hook) to Port Everglades...via 3 Caribbean islands. But last year, Princess practically gave away cabins on that cruise (we know because we booked it) most likely because many folks did not want to take a 10 day from NYC to FL with only 3 ports. And because it was not a closed loop cruise...everyone had to have Passports...which eliminates a lot of cruisers who refuse to obtain Passports.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

2) The vessel goes to the port of Aruba, Bonaire, or Curaçao before going to Miami.

The sailing under discussion is for the Celebrity Eclipse on a transatlantic itinerary. It is not US registered nor does this sailing go to any of the ABC islands or Cartagena.

Therefore the PVSA applies and no one can embark in Boston and disembark in Miami without incurring the appropriate fines. In fact, Celebrity will not allow a passenger to book this itinerary.

Hlitner was correct.

Ox, Looked up Eclipse TA. You would fly all that way and expense for one port? Europe is best done when TA is combined with another Med cruise or at least some time on land. Serenade Seas goes RT weekly out of Boston. OR HALs Veendam or Rottendam on Oct 1 both do a week either beginning or ending in Boston.All 3 of these an easy pleasant ride.

Ox, Looked up Eclipse TA. You would fly all that way and expense for one port? Europe is best done when TA is combined with another Med cruise or at least some time on land. Serenade Seas goes RT weekly out of Boston. OR HALs Veendam or Rottendam on Oct 1 both do a week either beginning or ending in Boston.All 3 of these an easy pleasant ride.

That is simply a matter of personal preference. Having done more then 2 dozen TAs, we have met plenty of cruisers who simply book the TA segments because they love the sea days...and could care less about ports. Personally, we often seek out cruises with lots of sea days and few ports...especially when they are sold at bargain prices.

Hank

[quote name='Hlitner']That is simply a matter of personal preference. Having done more then 2 dozen TAs, we have met plenty of cruisers who simply book the TA segments because they love the sea days...and could care less about ports. Personally, we often seek out cruises with lots of sea days and few ports...especially when they are sold at bargain prices.

Hank[/QUOTE]

You are correct: some people couldn't care less about the ports of call. We, on the other hand, do choose our sailings based on itinerary. And if X allowed what the OP is requesting, then we'd all be paying for sailings by the night rather than actual itineraries - just choosing where and when we wanted to embark and disembark on a per night costing. The logistics would be horrendous :eek:.