SIP n SAIL - FREE is FREE!

In our case' date=' they just looked at the sticker. No swiping of the card (that's a Celebrity thing!). But what difference does it make whether they swipe or just look--it is "free" either way.[/quote']

Nothing, really. I just thought it was very nice on NCL that all they did is swipe the card (and not even every time on that) and not have you sign a ticket (like I've heard they do on Carnival).

Having to just show the card and not even have to worry about making sure you get the card back is even better!

Nothing, really. I just thought it was very nice on NCL that all they did is swipe the card (and not even every time on that) and not have you sign a ticket (like I've heard they do on Carnival).

Having to just show the card and not even have to worry about making sure you get the card back is even better!

Makes sense. Celebrity they swiped the card but didn't require a signature. No experience with Carnival, but they have a lot of rules that are different than on Princess.

All we had to do was flash the card with the sticker, and after the first few days, they didn't even look at it.

While most of the time bartenders don't swipe your card on Princess, they do input the four digit folio number. It's both inventory control and verification that you have the package. Most bartenders will remember your folio number after the first few drinks and then you no longer have to swipe your card. No problem

On Celebrity, the folio number is much longer, so they swipe your card for drinks most every time. No slips to sign, again it's inventory control and verification..

Carnival has a 15 drink a day limit, hence having to swipe the cards.

Every line has different policies on how it is handled, no big deal really..

And nope, once you buy the package, no extra charges for drinks that are covered by the package. However, if you want one that's over the $10 limit, you do pay the entire cost plus gratuity. And for bottles of wine, you get the discount then pay that cost plus gratuity. Otherwise, norhing else.

Enjoy!

Got this added to our suite and NO ADDED CHARGE or expected tips on our card during the cruise?

Can it be true? Is this how Princess does business? We are loving it!!!

How does the option work? Do they swipe your card or just look for the sticker and serve you?

They just look at it.

With Celebrity, we love having the drink package! It's so incredibly convenient not to have to sign those darn slips of paper for each and every drink!

For our sailing, the price went up $100 but I know we'll drink more than that in a week, so it was worth paying a little more for the cruise itself. It just depends on your sailing. Ours happens to sell really well, so the higher price is probably warranted.

With this cruise added now, this will make 2 yrs. of cruises for us with not having to pay for a single drink. I love it! (Okay, yes, I know we're "paying for it" in other ways, but we won't have to sign the stupid little forms!)

Too bad only teh US region gets this promotion. UK and Australia miss out again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I spoke to a Princess Rep. on the weekend (cruise Show) and they said that Princess Aust. would NEVER have that promotion here!

I have 2 cruises booked for 2018 both sailing from America and I can not get the promotion...Very sad!:(

Chez

My TA quoted us $90pp for a 12 day Baltic cruise. Could this be the rebooking fee, or what?

Princess does not have a rebooking fee.

Your agent might, or the price of the cruise may have changed.

I spoke to a Princess Rep. on the weekend (cruise Show) and they said that Princess Aust. would NEVER have that promotion here!

I have 2 cruises booked for 2018 both sailing from America and I can not get the promotion...Very sad!:(

Chez

That is a shame. I have been watching Med cruises for a month or so, wanting to book one for next year. I really do like Princess, and was hoping that I could use this sale to take the plunge and book.

Now, when I see that Celebrity are happy to offer their AIBP perks to us, but Princess won't, both are about the same price, I will probably need to go with Celeb instead. I really did want to stick with Princess, but it probably won't make financial sense.

Checked our two cruises that fell under the sip'n'sail and the price had not changed. Called Princess and they added the benefit to our two cruises with no charge.

We had a TA for awhile until he charged us $25 each to change a cruise explaining that he had to make money also. It was goodbye TA as I had three cruises already booked through him transferred back to Princess. Princess was happy to do it for me once I faxed a letter requesting it. It came as a surprise to the TA to which I say too bad.

Checked our two cruises that fell under the sip'n'sail and the price had not changed. Called Princess and they added the benefit to our two cruises with no charge.

We had a TA for awhile until he charged us $25 each to change a cruise explaining that he had to make money also. It was goodbye TA as I had three cruises already booked through him transferred back to Princess. Princess was happy to do it for me once I faxed a letter requesting it. It came as a surprise to the TA to which I say too bad.

A TA like that deserves to lose your business. I have a TA who calls me back from across the country when he's out of town. I don't have to wonder if he is going to respond to an inquiry. The voice mail in his office transfers directly to his cell and, like I said, he has (more than once) called me right back even though I'm on the West coast and he was, at that time, traveling and on the East coast. Not a problem. I've sent email inquiries on the weekend and he has responded on the weekend. I really appreciate having a TA who is on top of things at all times. We just snagged an upsell on a cruise that has been sold out for many months. I never would have caught the opportunity in time but he made sure to contact us immediately and we snagged a cabin we will enjoy much more than our original booking.

I found it funny that my email about the Sip-n-Sail promotion crossed with his on the day before the promo started. He made sure to do a booking first in case the price changed overnight - which we all know can happen.

He also just kicked down around $250 on our upcoming cruise as a "thank you" for a referral last year. That was a very nice surprise. Much nicer than a bottle of wine and a coupon book we wouldn't use. :rolleyes:

I also snagged the All Inclusive Package for my cruise...yippeee!

Does anyone know if we can use it in the Vines wine bar also?

Yes, works at every single bar around the ship, except your minibar in your cabin, or room service. Any drink $10 and under...Enjoy.

I'm happy. Keep the same cabin, get an extra $300 OBC (we don't drink alcohol) and a second free specialty dinner. Yippee!! :D

Is this OBC per person or the two of you? And this is for your suite level, right.

Is this OBC per person or the two of you? And this is for your suite level, right.

The OBC is per person. It depends on the length of the cruise.

From the Princess info:

In the event that the guest does not want the beverage package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per person.