Wow!

Have not been on RCI for a little over a year. But went to make reservations at Chops for our Liberty cruise and the price is $74.50 per person? What are the steaks made of pure gold?

Is it a web site error or as RCI become that proud of Chops??

Have not been on RCI for a little over a year. But went to make reservations at Chops for our Liberty cruise and the price is $74.50 per person? What are the steaks made of pure gold?

Sounds like the price for 2.

• 7 months later...

Wow! If that's the price for one person, I hope it's a special meal that comes with wine or something? I usually don't mind paying extra for a fun, yummy experience, but I'd have a hard time paying that much on a cruise... we can go to the best steakhouse in town at home, get an ok (but not fancy) bottle of wine, and it's about $130 total...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow! If that's the price for one person, I hope it's a special meal that comes with wine or something? I usually don't mind paying extra for a fun, yummy experience, but I'd have a hard time paying that much on a cruise... we can go to the best steakhouse in town at home, get an ok (but not fancy) bottle of wine, and it's about $130 total...

Wait until you see the menu and find that there are several entrees that incur an additional charge, over and above the $49.

Wait until you see the menu and find that there are several entrees that incur an additional charge, over and above the $49.

Guess we will be eating else where this cruise, we really enjoyed Giovani's last time on the Oasis, so that is where we will eat for our special night. Thanks Bob, always good to hear from you!

We did a package when we were on the Liberty. Chops and Sabor were both great, but we were very disappointed by the new menu in Giovanni's Table. The filet is gone, as has been widely discussed here, and several of the appetizers we enjoyed have also been cut from the menu. I asked our waiter about the steak that replaced the filet, and his response was, "thin and tough."

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree, the price varies but is usually between $35 and $40 per person.

Ah the good old days when $75 for a couple was pushing it but reasonable. $60 for a couple was great with old menu, a bit of a laugh with new menu. $98 for the new menu is insulting to guests intelligence.

I'm sailing on Liberty in July. I just checked my reservation and I can get Chops for $35 PP.

Maybe they are raising the prices so they can have a "sale". Everything on RCI seems to be going the way of dynamic pricing. Drink packages, upcharge dining, excursions, internet access, etc. The pricing is constantly changing. There is various pricing for different ships and even different sailing on the same ship. It is becoming harder to know what things are going to cost you between when you book a cruise and when you actually sail.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Like $14 cocktails + 18% gratuity, RCL wants you to buy the drink package...

therefore, instead of paying $35-$49 per person at the various Specialty venues, RCL wants you to buy the 4 night dining package for $100 per person (and $25 per restaurant).

I'm about to take my 2nd cruise on RCI, but it seems like prices for things like specialty dining and drinks packages vary greatly from ship to ship. I get that sometimes they run sales if reservations aren't being booked, but does anyone know the justification for the variations in regular prices from ship to ship?

Chops was a consistent $42 for our Allure cruise up until this latest price increase to $49, which now is more than Central Park 150 ($45), and well above all other specialty restaurants on the ship. This is after an increase from last year when it went from $38 to 42. I paid $25 on the Jewel for the same steak 2 years ago.

For $49 we are starting to approach fine dining steakhouse prices (Ruth's Chris, Mortons, Palm, etc) and I'll probably end up doing my steak dinner precruise now rather than in Chops...which I've found doesn't have the consistency of the upscale chains. "The finest steak at sea"...sure, but after 7 days I'll no longer be at sea and I'll survive a week without a steak.

Yeah, there's other ways around it ($15 first night, dining plans)..for now. I'll be voting with my feet on this one though...if RCCL is going to start pricing itself against Princess and Celebrity then its probably time for me to try those other lines where I'm seeing the value discrepancy narrowing.