July 5th - The Most Important Day at Cruise Critic?

neverbeenhere

On July 5, 1984 (The year is changed to make him feel younger) Andrew Geller was born. No, not the Andrew Geller of the shoe fame. No, not the Andrew Geller of the Architecture fame. But the Andrew Geller of the Cruise Critic Fame. Andrew, Andy to many, is friend to some and enemy to a few. He is known to use his power of deletion with devotion to duty and intermittent fire. He strikes down only the true offender and leaves the balance to the will of the masses. He is a true Leader; One that all should follow.

While many Cruise Critic members think that Andy is paid a handsome salary for his work here on the forums. He is not. He is a volunteer. And other than the Corporate jet, Limo, and personal masseuse, he receives nothing for his efforts to control the snarky and outright crappy (nice word) behavior that occurs on this forum board. Everyone owes him a debt of gratitude. Everyone should kneel at his Throne of Decorum. While I prefer not to kiss his ring (better choice of words), others might feel the need. Andy and his faithful companion, Walt (or the other way around) guide this, the Celebrity forum, to a new horizon. (Oops, we probably won’t see a NEW Celebrity Horizon) He is a true man, a legend of the internet age.

I, for one, would like to wish this Man of Grace and Strength, the Happiest of Birthdays.

Many of your posts have helped my wife and I enjoy our cruising experiences! Happy Birthday to you and thanks for all you do on this board. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your wonderful and heart-warming comments. As always, I sincerely appreciate your kind thoughts ! Each and every word on this thread, means so much to me.

Neverbeenhere : Thank you for remembering my birthday, and for sharing your thoughts - but one question for you.... Where did you hear about the services of the corporate jet, limo and personal masseuse ? I think that would come as a massive shock to all of my fellow Cruise Critic Hosts ! I must have missed the memo on those benefits :) .

Thank you everyone !

I know that Andy works harder than any of us other Hosts (check out the list of forums he manages!), so it's only fitting that he alone get use of the corporate jet, limo and masseuse!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your wonderful and heart-warming comments. As always, I sincerely appreciate your kind thoughts ! Each and every word on this thread, means so much to me.

Neverbeenhere : Thank you for remembering my birthday, and for sharing your thoughts - but one question for you.... Where did you hear about the services of the corporate jet, limo and personal masseuse ? I think that would come as a massive shock to all of my fellow Cruise Critic Hosts ! I must have missed the memo on those benefits :) .

Thank you everyone !

Happy birthday fellow host. Ummm about that limo and corporate jet. ...and let us not forget our great 401 k. Lol