Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

4 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Best of luck Melody, I hope flights aren’t cancelled. Do you fly out of DEN? If so, I think that airport handles snow better than some airports. Just have to hope that your plane comes in tonight. I always check on arrivals the night before when we have an early morning flight. Once I know that the plane has come in I sleep a little bit better. 

Sharon

Were are flying out of Colorado Springs, last measurement is 9” & still snowing. I also check night arrival!  Right now all is still on time. Could be why Amazon is building their big distribution facility here instead of Denver. Denver closes at a snowflake. Melody  

Hi Melody, hope everything goes smoothly:classic_smile:

Sharon, most of my plans for the big trip are done.....Have all my flights booked.  Still trying to decide about how I am

getting to the airport---I think I am going to hire a car service. Since I will be away for so long, I really don' t want to

leave my car at the airport.   Trying to decide about clothes....I have 2 pair of leggings, one is gray with small

polka dots on them, one pair that is sort of a tartan plaid.....but muted tones of blacks/blues...….

2 pair of black pants and 2 pair of grey.  I don't know if that is what I am going with or not yet. The leggings take up

virtually no space.  Not sure if I am going to pack jeans as well...….the River cruise is more casual and daily tours.

So I have to figure out the clothing aspect of the trip!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Were are flying out of Colorado Springs, last measurement is 9” & still snowing. I also check night arrival!  Right now all is still on time. Could be why Amazon is building their big distribution facility here instead of Denver. Denver closes at a snowflake. Melody  

Safe travels, Melody. Hope all goes as planned.

• Like 1

Lois, best wishes for continued healing.   It's wonderful that you have this big trip to plan for,  I hope it gives you a "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling.   

I'm a big fan of leggings as well for travel, as long as my top is long enough to cover most of my bottom,  I feel good to go.  & the fact that they can roll down into nothing is nice as well.  

Hi Lous, sounds like you are on your way to a fabulous trip. I bet that packing for both cruises is a bit of a challenge but it seems as if you have a good start. I like to get everything out and on the bed in our guest room so I can see what will work out best, hopefully par down so it all fits in my luggage. Honestly, clothing is the easiest part for me, it’s all the other stuff that takes so much time. 🙄

Sharon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi Lous, sounds like you are on your way to a fabulous trip. I bet that packing for both cruises is a bit of a challenge but it seems as if you have a good start. I like to get everything out and on the bed in our guest room so I can see what will work out best, hopefully par down so it all fits in my luggage. Honestly, clothing is the easiest part for me, it’s all the other stuff that takes so much time. 🙄

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I have some of the clothes in the same place LOL.....some hanging in the closet in the guest bedroom

and some on the bed.  I have time to make all the final choices. I fly out on April 5---going to Ft. Lauderdale a

day early....ship sails on April 6.  I do have a few things I will do later in March.....I will pay double on my

electric bill, my maintenance fees (live in a condo), etc.....I would rather have 2 months paid ahead than

worry about it when I get back.  I don't get back until May 4th.

And I have meds I need to find out about....it is a 28 day supply and wouldn't you know, they will run out while

I am on the cruise.....they are something I only order once a month (that is what the insurance allows). So I have

to find out what to do about them:classic_blink:  I know when I can order them and I will be in Lisbon when the time comes

for the April re-fill...…..so, I need to speak to the Dr and/or the Pharmacy about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, best wishes for continued healing.   It's wonderful that you have this big trip to plan for,  I hope it gives you a "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling.   

I'm a big fan of leggings as well for travel, as long as my top is long enough to cover most of my bottom,  I feel good to go.  & the fact that they can roll down into nothing is nice as well.  

Good morning,:classic_smile:  I have to be honest-I am in the opposite end from you and have never been a fan of leggings (on

me). But I found this brand "Khaki and Company" at Steinmart and they are very nice....soft material and the patterns

are not "in your face".  They fit well too.  And my thought process for this trip is different than any other trip I have

taken....we are on 16 days...the first 8 are sea days...I need casual for just "day to day on board"....I think

these can work for that and with a nicer top for evenings. I also don't know if it will be warm enough to just

wear a swimsuit with a cover up on some days or not......So trying to figure it out.

Lois,  8 sea days sounds wonderful  :)   & 16 is longer than I've ever been on board.  My longest was 14 days...     I've been noticing the patterned leggings, I especially like the plaid styles that are out (I don't have any though)  I tend to have what I guess is a capsule type wardrobe, (not that I planned it) pretty much grey, blue, blacks with a little bit of white & khaki.  I do have some scarves for color though :)

I get the trying to figure it out, we just booked a thanksgiving week cruise on Holland, it goes from San Diego to Mexico & back,  going to be very different packing than my usual cool to cold weather trips...  I'm hoping it will be warm enough to live in bathing suits & coverups during the days. 

planning is fun though,  I do enjoy the anticipation :)

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois,  8 sea days sounds wonderful  :)   & 16 is longer than I've ever been on board.  My longest was 14 days...     I've been noticing the patterned leggings, I especially like the plaid styles that are out (I don't have any though)  I tend to have what I guess is a capsule type wardrobe, (not that I planned it) pretty much grey, blue, blacks with a little bit of white & khaki.  I do have some scarves for color though :)

I get the trying to figure it out, we just booked a thanksgiving week cruise on Holland, it goes from San Diego to Mexico & back,  going to be very different packing than my usual cool to cold weather trips...  I'm hoping it will be warm enough to live in bathing suits & coverups during the days. 

planning is fun though,  I do enjoy the anticipation :)

Hey:classic_smile: I have cruised to the Mexican Rivera before (not recently) but over the years...….it is usually warm......

(from my memory) LOL...…..definitely bring the swimsuits!

Hi Lois, it really does take a lot of planning before leaving on a long trip, especially one out of the country! As for meds, maybe you can get a vacation pack to get you thru your entire trip. I think others on CC have mentioned doing this. Our drug plan allows 90 day supplies of maintenance meds so we haven’t had to deal with this. Hope you can work it all out without too much of a hassle😊

Sharon

Hi Sharon---I will be reaching out to the Pharmacy. This medication is not something I "pickup"......it is a special

medicine that has to be either called in or I can do it on line, but the pills get shipped to me via UPS every month.

I will be calling Customer Service and explain the situation.  Not sure what the end result will be.....

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hey:classic_smile: I have cruised to the Mexican Rivera before (not recently) but over the years...….it is usually warm......

(from my memory) LOL...…..definitely bring the swimsuits!

We did a similar one over 10 years ago,  from what I remember it was an El Nino year so it pretty much rained the whole time,   everyone said it was a freak storm we had hit so I'm hoping for much nicer weather this time :)  Yes, bringing the swimsuits...  except boy do I need new ones 

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

We did a similar one over 10 years ago,  from what I remember it was an El Nino year so it pretty much rained the whole time,   everyone said it was a freak storm we had hit so I'm hoping for much nicer weather this time :)  Yes, bringing the swimsuits...  except boy do I need new ones 

Good morning,  I think I will only be bringing 1 swim suit on the big trip.  I have to say, I know I am lucky that all these

treatments are being done now.....it will give my system plenty of time to heal.  I already told the Dr I have an April

trip planned and he was good with it. 

Have you heard of "Cuddle Duds"?.....I have a pair in black that I love:classic_biggrin:....they are like a jogger, soft cotton....

I think I will bring them on the trip too. 

Lois, I use Cuddleduds for pjs, fantastic. Contact pharmacy early (like now). Two of my meds are “special”. For our 21 night cruise my meds would’ve run out at day 16, my pharmacy contacted the insurance company & they were authorized to give me a 60 day vacation pack. Big relief. I wanted to make sure I had an additional 2 weeks. 

We arrived in Ft Lauderdale safely last night. Our day didn’t start well, our taxi cancelled on us & we had to drive quickly to the airport to catch our flight!  That was not in the plan!  Of course it was snowing (over 9” on ground with ice) & 4 degrees. Thank goodness our daughter picked our car up at airport so airport fees weren’t more than the cruise!!!  The rest of the travel went perfectly, even the driving if the plane didn’t delay us!  We get on board tomorrow!  Yay!!!

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,  I think I will only be bringing 1 swim suit on the big trip.  I have to say, I know I am lucky that all these

treatments are being done now.....it will give my system plenty of time to heal.  I already told the Dr I have an April

trip planned and he was good with it. 

Have you heard of "Cuddle Duds"?.....I have a pair in black that I love:classic_biggrin:....they are like a jogger, soft cotton....

I think I will bring them on the trip too. 

I'll bet this trip is one of the best things you could do,  time to heal up before hand, & then relaxation at sea!  I have heard of Cuddle Duds,  I actually looked at some that were on clearance  at the Target near me, it was a super soft long sleeved crew neck that I really wanted, but unfortunately they were out of my size :(  tomorrow is my day off & I think I might go to another Target & see if they have them.   

Good morning......I have 2 more treatments:classic_smile:

Melody, I will contact the pharmacy--I have a regular re-fill coming up this week. I can ask them about it at that time.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly. I don't know if the insurance company will allow an "extra refill" within the same

timeframe as a regular refill.  I can explain the situation to the pharmacy and see what they say.

Cruise Kitty, my Target sells Cuddle Duds too!  I think the pants would be ok for wearing around the ship

during the day. (more than ok LOL)….soft, with pockets!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Hi girls, the first start of peeling happened :classic_wacko:…that is a result of sunburn.  I guess it is normal. So glad I only have

2 more treatments.  Last night was one of the worst nights since the start....not sure if should be putting the saline

solution on it or not..I guess I could try an edge of the gauze pad and see if it stings or not.

Just to follow up......after reading a few articles on the side affects....the peeling is definitely normal at this point

in the treatment.....oh the saline did not sting either!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Just to follow up......after reading a few articles on the side affects....the peeling is definitely normal at this point

in the treatment.....oh the saline did not sting either!

just two more to get through, awesome Lois, you got this... & I'm sorry about the peeling, hopefully the next two won't make it much worse.  I wonder if after your very  last treatment you can start with a burn gel of some sort?

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

just two more to get through, awesome Lois, you got this... & I'm sorry about the peeling, hopefully the next two won't make it much worse.  I wonder if after your very  last treatment you can start with a burn gel of some sort?

I will talk to them tomorrow....I think they will tell me to continue to use the same moisturizer I have been using.

From what I have been told, the healing should start a few days after the treatment ends......so Tuesday is the

last day. Maybe by next Sunday I will at least start to feel better (somewhat).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I will talk to them tomorrow....I think they will tell me to continue to use the same moisturizer I have been using.

From what I have been told, the healing should start a few days after the treatment ends......so Tuesday is the

last day. Maybe by next Sunday I will at least start to feel better (somewhat).

Hi Lois, I’m so sorry that the treatments are causing discomfort. Hopefully this will pass quickly after Tuesday. Maybe tomorrow you will find out that there a cream you can use along with your other home care items that will bring some relief. No matter what, you are almost thru this and healing will come for sure.

Sharon

Good morning, I just want to say how much I appreciate all your kindness....the words, replies, etc.

Thank you all.   I have a 9am appt so will know more later this morning...…...will keep you posted.

• Like 2

Hi girls....the Dr  prescribed another cream for the area on my skin that is peeling. It is thicker than the

moisturizer.  I was told it is supposed to help for that specific thing so I am using it as well now.  Tomorrow is the

last treatment but I still have to do the home care as normal....3 times a day.

The gals in the radiation dept have been really nice and I got them a Thank you gift.....it is a gift bag of

all kinds of chocolates:classic_smile: so I will give it to them tomorrow...….and my first follow up is 2 weeks from today.

• Like 1