Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

Hi girls, so all done----get this, they give you a diploma LOL...….actually a certificate that

says you have completed radiation treatment.:classic_smile:.  The home care continues on for......well,

supposed to be for 2 weeks...…..creams, solutions, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, so all done----get this, they give you a diploma LOL...….actually a certificate that

says you have completed radiation treatment.:classic_smile:.  The home care continues on for......well,

supposed to be for 2 weeks...…..creams, solutions, etc.

Congrats Lois,  what a way to spend the first two months of your retirement.  Sending good thoughts your way for fast healing.   

& off topic here:  but I scoured all the Targets within an easy drive, & no Cuddle duds in my size.  considering just buying them online & paying full price. :)

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Congrats Lois,  what a way to spend the first two months of your retirement.  Sending good thoughts your way for fast healing.   

& off topic here:  but I scoured all the Targets within an easy drive, & no Cuddle duds in my size.  considering just buying them online & paying full price. :)

Hi....this thread is good for all topics:classic_biggrin:.....FYI.....QVC has a good selection of Cuddle Duds...….and the prices

are quite good!

Thanks for the congrats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

just popping in to say Hi, Lois, & hope that you're healing up nicely :)

Hi....thank you so much:classic_smile:....to be honest, I am hoping I am healing but would not use the word "nicely".

This process is quite hard---especially since I am large breasted. The area is what I would call "heavy"

and I know they told me this is because of the swelling from the treatments.  And they said after would be

probably be harder too.....well, they know what they are talking about. The breast is very tender and having

to take Ibruprophin is not something I regularly do.....but I am having to take it.  I haven't worn a bra in weeks......

(not that I mind that LOL) but I am truly hoping I really start healing more soon... radiation can totally

make the skin raw...….I guess when it is doing what it is supposed to do inside, that skin on top pays the price.

20 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi....thank you so much:classic_smile:....to be honest, I am hoping I am healing but would not use the word "nicely".

This process is quite hard---especially since I am large breasted. The area is what I would call "heavy"

and I know they told me this is because of the swelling from the treatments.  And they said after would be

probably be harder too.....well, they know what they are talking about. The breast is very tender and having

to take Ibruprophin is not something I regularly do.....but I am having to take it.  I haven't worn a bra in weeks......

(not that I mind that LOL) but I am truly hoping I really start healing more soon... radiation can totally

make the skin raw...….I guess when it is doing what it is supposed to do inside, that skin on top pays the price.

oh no, I'm so sorry, that sounds terrible.  & in an area that's almost impossible not to have friction from clothing etc.  I hope that by the time you need to start preparing for your big cruise you're feeling well enough to get out & do some shopping & packing, although you did mention you already bought a few things to get you through your cruise.  

Hope next week brings less discomfort & more healing to you :)

51 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

oh no, I'm so sorry, that sounds terrible.  & in an area that's almost impossible not to have friction from clothing etc.  I hope that by the time you need to start preparing for your big cruise you're feeling well enough to get out & do some shopping & packing, although you did mention you already bought a few things to get you through your cruise.  

Hope next week brings less discomfort & more healing to you :)

Thanks so much:classic_smile:...I ordered a couple of things from QVC and I got those leggings I mentioned but that was actually before I finished the treatments and the skin was not at the worst point.

No more shopping for the cruise now and thankfully I have plenty of clothes to choose from

in my own closets.

I read some more on line about radiation and the after effects...seems this is normal stuff but I guess the underneath

area? Well that is so tender....normally it is away from air/sun/etc...….

• Like 2

Hi Lois, I’m so sorry about the tenderness and discomfort. Good thing that you have completed the radiation so healing can take place.

I order from QVC occasionally. It is very convenient and shipping cost isn’t too bad. Unfortunately they don’t carry much in petite length with the exception of pants. 

Hope you feel feel better soon.

Sharon

Lois, I'm sorry you are experiencing such discomfort 😞 I had mastisis with my second child and that was no fun 😮 yours sounds even worse.  Can you use cold compresses at all, or even just a cool dry cloth that's been in the freezer?

35 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Lois, I'm sorry you are experiencing such discomfort 😞 I had mastisis with my second child and that was no fun 😮 yours sounds even worse.  Can you use cold compresses at all, or even just a cool dry cloth that's been in the freezer?

Hi, I haven't tried it and would probably need to call the Dr to see if that would be ok.  The thing is, it doesn't hurt

"all the time" but for example. I had to go out this morning and put a bra on....wireless, no hooks/eye closure. I thought

I was doing ok but once I got to the grocery store? I had to get in and get out.....I had already gone to Bed, Bath

and Beyond and needed to get home.

I had to take Ibruprophin again and right now I am ok.......I think this is (partially) because I am full breasted and part

it just the time it takes for the skin to heal up.  I could be wrong of course...maybe the radiation is just hitting me

hard.......

I was just chatting with a friend of mine who happens to be a Dr. (not an Oncologist) but he did say Radiation side

affects can have a delayed reaction.....so maybe this is that as well. The last treatment was 6 days ago.......maybe

going forward it will start to get better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

I was just chatting with a friend of mine who happens to be a Dr. (not an Oncologist) but he did say Radiation side

affects can have a delayed reaction.....so maybe this is that as well. The last treatment was 6 days ago.......maybe

going forward it will start to get better.

At the very least it's good for you to know that this isn't something else going on.   Hopefully each day will at least bring a tiny improvement.  Good to hear you can at least get out for short breaks :)  Hang in there Lois :)

Hi girls, hope all of you are doing well. I had my first follow up with the Dr today and he said everything looks good.

It is healing like it is supposed to:classic_smile:...….I am feeling pretty good as well. There is one small spot that is still a bit raw

but nothing nearly as painful as previously.

I also asked him about my upcoming cruises.  He didn't think the radiation would have a side affect concerning

the virus but he also didn't feel totally comfortable saying I should go...…….so I am giving it a few more days

and will be making a final decision.  (He didn't say "don't go") but he didn't give me a big thumbs up either...…..

To be honest, once this past week happened I was thinking about it anyway.  I have time to cancel--thankfully

both cruises have implemented new policies so I won't lose much money at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Lois, good to hear that your recovery is progressing as it should and that your skin is healing and feeling better. 

Wow, you have quite a decision to make about your much anticipated cruises. Its tough since none of us knows what tomorrow will bring much less next month! Lots for you to consider I’m sure. Keep us posted😊

Sharon

Hi Lois,  glad to hear that you are on the mend!   Regarding your cruise,  that's such a tough decision to have to make.    right now we have a weekend cruise with Celebrity in two weeks, no plans to cancel,  but for our May one, I have a feeling that unless things change drastically it will be taken out of our hands & Celebrity will either cancel or modify it to the point where it won't be worth the money...  we have a sky suite, so it wasn't cheap....  if that happens, we can apply the money to next years cruise instead.  

Grateful that we won't just lose our $$

take care

14 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois,  glad to hear that you are on the mend!   Regarding your cruise,  that's such a tough decision to have to make.    right now we have a weekend cruise with Celebrity in two weeks, no plans to cancel,  but for our May one, I have a feeling that unless things change drastically it will be taken out of our hands & Celebrity will either cancel or modify it to the point where it won't be worth the money...  we have a sky suite, so it wasn't cheap....  if that happens, we can apply the money to next years cruise instead.  

Grateful that we won't just lose our $$

take care

Good morning, where is the cruise sailing in May? If you say Italy? I would not be comfortable with that at this point.

And even going in 2 weeks? Not sure about that either......I am also happy about the FCC I will receive.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, where is the cruise sailing in May? If you say Italy? I would not be comfortable with that at this point.

And even going in 2 weeks? Not sure about that either......I am also happy about the FCC I will receive.

Good morning (except it's afternoon where you are, right) :)     It's Alaska in May... we're supposed to fly to Vancouver in about 9 weeks, stay for 6 days, then get on Solstice for 8 nights,  stying in Seattle for a few days before flying home.  Taking a wait & see attitude at this point...  I'll make a decision later in April when things are clearer.  

The one in two weeks is one of the redeployed Millennium cruises out of Los Angeles for CA firefighters & police officers,  our SIL  & daughter are allowed two cabins, & they are taking us along,  i feel pretty confident about that one, & the ship will be docked less than a half hour from our house so we are all just going to uber to the ship...  surrounded by first responders, at least if something happens we'll be in good hands lol ;)

& Italy right now,  that I would have to give a hard pass.  Not too concerned about getting the virus myself, as I don't have any big risk factors for it being bad in my case, but elderly Mom, in laws, any strangers i could impact,  for myself right now that would be a no.  

take care Lois

Italy is closed right now. I am hopeful that taking such drastic action will mean a quick end to the spread, as we are seeing from China where they have locked down entire cities. That combined with warmer weather will hopefully mean Italy is safe again by May. Although if the US is only at the start of our ordeal, maybe we will be banned from other countries ourselves 😳

On 2/25/2020 at 9:00 PM, cruise kitty said:

& off topic here:  but I scoured all the Targets within an easy drive, & no Cuddle duds in my size.  considering just buying them online & paying full price. 🙂

Check Kohls