Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

Good morning girls,  thanks for the replies....the Dr mentioned that same thing---that it might feel like a sunburn after the treatment. But nothing compared to the affects people get from chemo.......

He said it would only take about 5 minutes each day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls,  thanks for the replies....the Dr mentioned that same thing---that it might feel like a sunburn after the treatment. But nothing compared to the affects people get from chemo.......

He said it would only take about 5 minutes each day.

Radiation is easier than chemo. I’m glad you’re retiring, make sure you get your medical insurance & supplemental well in place before the big day (that’s why I retired on the 5th day of the anew year, everything carried on for a year while I decided which supplemental insurance to use. 

I hope your holidays are joyous & your cruise just divine!  We cruise for MardiGras on Celebrity Reflection. Melody

22 hours ago, awhfy said:

Radiation is easier than chemo. I’m glad you’re retiring, make sure you get your medical insurance & supplemental well in place before the big day (that’s why I retired on the 5th day of the anew year, everything carried on for a year while I decided which supplemental insurance to use. 

I hope your holidays are joyous & your cruise just divine!  We cruise for MardiGras on Celebrity Reflection. Melody

Hi, thank you so much:classic_smile: I will be picking up Cobra for 18 months....the price was much more reasonable for me

than I had expected and so that is the direction I am going. I am not old enough to receive medicare……...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, thank you so much:classic_smile: I will be picking up Cobra for 18 months....the price was much more reasonable for me

than I had expected and so that is the direction I am going. I am not old enough to receive medicare……...

Good news on the Cobra, it’ll give you time to shop the supplement insurance (which is really a must especially after your cancer scare. Enjoy your holidays!

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Good news on the Cobra, it’ll give you time to shop the supplement insurance (which is really a must especially after your cancer scare. Enjoy your holidays!

You bring up a good point. Unfortunately, retiring before eligible for Medicare can mean difficulty obtaining good, reasonably priced insurance. Cobra lasts for 18 months, I believe and for some that does not get them to 65. Sometimes the former employer offers a retiree plan and that could be a good choice. Unfortunately not all employers offer this. I guess finding a good agent to help you find a policy is essential. 

One of the best advantages, I think, of traditional Medicare and a supplement is that there are no “networks” to deal with. 

Sorry, I didn’t mean to turn this into a Medicare thread but when one is dealing with medical issues, good coverage is essential as you have pointed out.

Sharon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

You bring up a good point. Unfortunately, retiring before eligible for Medicare can mean difficulty obtaining good, reasonably priced insurance. Cobra lasts for 18 months, I believe and for some that does not get them to 65. Sometimes the former employer offers a retiree plan and that could be a good choice. Unfortunately not all employers offer this. I guess finding a good agent to help you find a policy is essential. 

One of the best advantages, I think, of traditional Medicare and a supplement is that there are no “networks” to deal with. 

Sorry, I didn’t mean to turn this into a Medicare thread but when one is dealing with medical issues, good coverage is essential as you have pointed out.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, no problem. Health and Insurance are fine to discuss as this is an open thread😄

Hi girls, just want to give a shout out to all of you with a big Thank you for all the postings and good thoughts.

Not sure I had posted after last week...…….I have 4 more days of work and then it is RETIREMENT:classic_biggrin:

So my mind is sort of all over the place...….still healing, happy it was not worse of course and then Dec 31st is my

last day of work!

Also wishing all of you a Very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, whatever else here is...…….and of course a Happy and HEALTHY 2020!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for Merry Christmas

Image result for Happy Hannukah

• Like 3

Melody, that is so nice! Whoever is the creator is very talented. Thanks for sharing.

Lois, I can’t believe that you have just 4 days left!  When you first announced that you were retiring it seemed a long way off and here you are, about to start a new chapter in your life!

I’d like yo add my wishes for all of you. What ever holiday you celebrate, May it be very happy, enjoyable and memorable.

Sharon

• Like 1

Hi Sharon,:classic_smile: I actually put in for retirement back at the end of October. (I gave them 2 full months notice).

I had a wonderful position for 28 years and worked in the same office for all that time. Then the company decided

to move me over to HQ----not something I wanted but at the time I was not ready to retire.  This all happened one

year ago this week actually. It was right before last Christmas they "informed me" about the changes that were

coming:classic_sad:.   I gave this new job a chance (this year) and it has not been good and I have not been happy and

have missed my old office every day.  So, for 1 year it really was a test of sorts and I did not pass...….well,

not that I failed really but my happiness has to count for something--it is just me. No partner, mate, etc....it is

me taking care of me.   This boss is 180 degrees different from my old one.....ever go from "doing your job

the best way for you"? to --- the new boss is a "MICROMANAGER"...…..it is "HER WAY".?..….I am just tired

of it.   And financially able to leave...…..so yes, I am really looking forward to it!!!:classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon,:classic_smile: I actually put in for retirement back at the end of October. (I gave them 2 full months notice).

I had a wonderful position for 28 years and worked in the same office for all that time. Then the company decided

to move me over to HQ----not something I wanted but at the time I was not ready to retire.  This all happened one

year ago this week actually. It was right before last Christmas they "informed me" about the changes that were

coming:classic_sad:.   I gave this new job a chance (this year) and it has not been good and I have not been happy and

have missed my old office every day.  So, for 1 year it really was a test of sorts and I did not pass...….well,

not that I failed really but my happiness has to count for something--it is just me. No partner, mate, etc....it is

me taking care of me.   This boss is 180 degrees different from my old one.....ever go from "doing your job

the best way for you"? to --- the new boss is a "MICROMANAGER"...…..it is "HER WAY".?..….I am just tired

of it.   And financially able to leave...…..so yes, I am really looking forward to it!!!:classic_smile:

Hi Lois,

Your plan makes a lot of sense and you have given it a lot of thought and effort. Being unhappy at work and dealing with the stress of a poor boss just isn’t good for anyone. You’ve done your part and 2 months is certainly adequate notice. You have planned for your future and now you get to enjoy it! You will have lots to celebrate this New Year’s Eve. If we all lived near one another we could meet for a toast with our beverage of choice. Guess we will have to raise our glasses for a virtual toast to your retirement and to a happy and healthy  2020 for all of us!

Sharon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traveling Library said:

Happy Retirement Lois! I retired Aug 30th and haven't stopped smiling yet.  

Yours, 

Another Lois

BTW There is a Lois Club on FB. Come join us if you aren't already a member!

Hi...thank you---I appreciate the offer but I am not into FB.

Hi Melody, thanks so much.....2 more work days. 

I am feeling something behind the scar---sort of a hardness.  I wonder if that is normal or not. I have a Dr appt a week

from today with the Oncologist to discuss the radiation...….I will have him look at it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, thanks so much.....2 more work days. 

I am feeling something behind the scar---sort of a hardness.  I wonder if that is normal or not. I have a Dr appt a week

from today with the Oncologist to discuss the radiation...….I will have him look at it.

Always good to get it checked. Call the nurse & see if you can get in earlier if it is troubling you. Likely it is the forming of scar tissue, but wise to get it checked  Melody

Lois, happy final day of work!  You’re doing it right, ending a year (& a decade) & jumping into 2020 in full retirement mode!  Congratulations!!!  All the best to you in your retirement. Melody

Hi girls, thanks so much.....I don't  think it has really sunk in yet. I am taking a cruise on Jan 16th....maybe when I get

back and realize I don't have to go back to work LOL.

• Like 3