Onboard the Esacpe now....change of itinerary

chloemonkey

We were advised last night that due to storm/tropical depression in the area that we were NOT going to Belize tomorrow but instead will head directly from Roatan(here now and ready to set sail) to Cozumel tomorrow.

I cannot get answer as to what if any port will be added if any and wondered if any of youmighthaveamyideas? As ihadprivate excursions booked and would like to move them around and or cancel. The staff onboard say that they will try together letter outsource ins this evening......but would just like to know the options before ilosedeposits etc....

The good resistant our captain has been able to keep us in calm waters and with great weather so far! And we will be fine with whatever decisions eventually come to pass.......just would really love a irdport!

And the good news is that we are staying onboard for next week as well.....so have a lot more days to enjoy....just feel badlyfoethoseinthis weeks sailing that have had to cancel Belize tours etc.....

Thanks all, and chime in with your best ideas as towhee wee illness after Cozumel!

This is the Escape, huh? That is too bad.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know that when I spend the money to go on a cruise a port could be cancelled...however, there really needs to be enough interesting things to do so that I'm not simply left to posting to Cruise Critic. I can do that at home for free...I certainly don't want to pay to go on a cruise to do it.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know that when I spend the money to go on a cruise a port could be cancelled...however, there really needs to be enough interesting things to do so that I'm not simply left to posting to Cruise Critic. I can do that at home for free...I certainly don't want to pay to go on a cruise to do it.

Please do not worry about me as i am sitting on my balcony in the Haven awaiting sail away ......hence the "time" to post here. I merely wondered if anyone might know the port that "may" be added - if any.

Seriously? My grandchildren have better manners than most of you.

This is a case where you on the ship will probably have better information. They might try to rearrange to go to Belize, if the storm allows, but that might not be possible. They might try to substitute a port, but again, may not be possible.

Please do not worry about me as i am sitting on my balcony in the Haven awaiting sail away ......hence the "time" to post here. I merely wondered if anyone might know the port that "may" be added - if any.

Seriously? My grandchildren have better manners than most of you.

The bad news is that you probably won't get another port... The good news is that private excursion operators are aware that ships sometimes miss a port and will refund your deposit... Make the best of what remains of your vacation...

As ihadprivate excursions booked and would like to move them around and or cancel....but would just like to know the options before ilosedeposits etc. /QUOTE]

Most independent vendors have generous policies when you must cancel due to a cruise schedule change/missed port. If they did not, nobody would want to risk booking with them over the NCL tours. Hope it all works out for you.

T

Added- yes what Sid said.. we posted at the same time :)

Edited by TMC
posted at same time

When we sailed on Getaway in February we missed Grand Cayman due to weather. We were informed that morning it would be a sea day and that we would be arriving in Cozumel 4 hours early. They handed out updated Dailies a couple of hours after the announcement was made. We were also refunded our NCL excursion and port fees.

Please enjoy your cruise.

I think it can be difficult to substitute another port due to needing staff at the port. Immigrations, customs, etc.

The only port I can recall being substituted is Nassau. They seem to be able to welcome ships with the drop of hat.

I think you've got it right. When we were diverted, we went to Nassau first stop instead of last. NCL does a good job of making sure you steer clear of the worst weather. Hope all on board have a great cruise!

I think it can be difficult to substitute another port due to needing staff at the port. Immigrations, customs, etc.

The only port I can recall being substituted is Nassau. They seem to be able to welcome ships with the drop of hat.

The other ones I can think of is doing Bahamas instead of Bermuda on NCL. Sometimes they have gone North to Canada rather than South. On a DCL cruise a couple years back we missed St. Maarten and went to San Juan instead.

We go on the Aug 14 cruise . I am now concern with this hurricane that our itinerary may change . Does anyone know how I can find this out ?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do you mean Earl? It should have long since made landfall and dissipated by then. Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Either way: WAY too early to know.

Yes it has hit Roatan and trees and power lines are down was a tropical storm. Belize is expecting it to be much worse including flooding it has been upgraded to a class 1 hurricane . I know clean up can sometimes take awhile. Just my house alone took us 3 days after a strong storm went through and did damage. And we had a tree that fell last summer that blocked our way out of our plan, only way in and out. So we became a priority and they had it cleared in a day but weeks later they were still clearing trees. And a hurricane is suppose to be much worse. I guess we will find out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We go on the Aug 14 cruise . I am now concern with this hurricane that our itinerary may change . Does anyone know how I can find this out ?

Hurricane Earl is making landfall right over Belize now. There is two weeks for them to recover before you get there. However, you are cruising during the middle of hurricane season and you should take a peek at the tropical forecasts a few days before you depart.