No more balcony/suite discount within 6 months(as of Sept 1,2016)

PH8

Next Cruise OBC was eliminated on 3 and 4 day cruises.

I remember that one

Yes, but before the change you could, from the general search function select resident (or senior or whatever applied) and it would bring up a shortened list if only the cruises that we're offering the particular discount that you had selected. Usually a list of about 20 instead if the 700 and change that it currently brings up.

And I miss that feature!!!! A LOT:)

Yes, but before the change you could, from the general search function select resident (or senior or whatever applied) and it would bring up a shortened list if only the cruises that we're offering the particular discount that you had selected. Usually a list of about 20 instead if the 700 and change that it currently brings up.

Yes....that was a nice feature. :)

My POV.....I can drive to PC, but I am 30 minutes from PE and an hour from Miami.....so why would I drive 3 hrs to PC. Not saying I couldn't just wouldn't.....it take something awfully special for us to do it....and just can't imagine what that would be.....Well -- maybe a FREE cruise given to me by Royal.

As it goes, everyone has their price....LOL.

I know how you feel. I am 15 minute for the pier in Seattle and about 3 hours to Vancouver. We do not cruise much out of Vancouver unless it is something we can not do from Seattle.

Just tried to price my 10-30-2016 cruise on the Serenade repo out of Boston and the Crown & Anchor discounts aren't coming up. Doesn't look like anything has been reversed to me.

Guessing you are logged in. No reason for it not to be there. Or am I missing something?

That's what I miss most about the new website (I still call it new even though it is what..2 years old?) they eliminated the ability to search for senior, military, residence and C&A rates.

I don't understand why they would want them hidden. You would think that because they are offering the discount they need to sell cabins and that they would want people to be able to see those deals easily.:confused:

I periodically do mock booking on the same cruise to see the impact of various deals on cabin prices. I think that the system is designed to give you the best price option available. So if the 30% off benefit is better than senior benefit.. it selects that one. For my upcoming cruise I was told at the time that I was getting the senior discount instead of what ever the deal was at the time, because it was a better deal... (I had to double check when I got off the phone, but it appeared to be correct). I like to track pricing so I have some idea on if a deal is a deal or not... it is really hard to tell with all the adjustments that have to be made... now I just set a target price for an ocean view balcony and if it is close to that price I consider booking.

Just tried to price my 10-30-2016 cruise on the Serenade repo out of Boston and the Crown & Anchor discounts aren't coming up. Doesn't look like anything has been reversed to me.

I just tried a mock booking on this same cruise and saw the 30% deal but not the C&A balcony savings....

I just tried a mock booking on this same cruise and saw the 30% deal but not the C&A balcony savings....

The reason you are not seeing the balcony discount is that there is a C&A discount for this cruise. The 2 discounts are not combinable. Not sure what the discount should be for a 12 day cruise but the system should give you the higher discount. If it didn't then call C&A.

Nothing to do with the balcony discounts not showing up because of this new change.

image_zpsemrhiza9.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The reason you are not seeing the balcony discount is that there is a C&A discount for this cruise. The 2 discounts are not combinable. Not sure what the discount should be for a 12 day cruise but the system should give you the higher discount. If it didn't then call C&A.

Nothing to do with the balcony discounts not showing up because of this new change.

image_zpsemrhiza9.png

The $300 is the balcony discount???

You need to be logged into your C&A account for the balcony discount to show on a mock booking.

Since the most recent "re-design" of the website, I can't find a place to search for a specific cabin on RC's website. Am I blind, or missing something, or shall I just continue to use my banned site to find all available cabins?

You have to go all the way to the end where it asks you to enter the guest information. There should be an edit button there by the cabin. See image above that I posted on the left hand side.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I think it's just semantics. If you book less than a balcony the 'discount' disappears.

There are exclusive C&A rates that appear on cruises and are only on select cabins. There is one on my Oasos March 2018 sailing that is more than the baLcony discount. These C&A rates replaced the old savings certificates. It's not semantics it is two different discounts.

From the C&A section on the website,

Being a Crown & Anchor Society member just keeps getting better! Our Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive Rates offer you great fares on over 100 cruises to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Europe and more! Discounts vary by sailing and stateroom category.

Plus, remember if you're a Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle Club member, you can take advantage of your Balcony and Suite Discounts of up to $350 depending on length of sailing and time of booking. However, both offers are not combinable.

New cruises added regularly

Discounts applied instantly – you'll see your discount at check-out.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

That $300 is the balcony discount for a 10+ night sailing in your C&A tier level.

Karen, The current balcony discount for a 10+ night cruise is

$325 for Diamond

$350 for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club

$375 for Pinnacle Club after 9/1/2016

EDIT: My bad...........Ken was checking on a cruise that was less than 6 months.:o

Edited by cruisenfever

Karen, The current balcony discount for a 10+ night cruise is

$325 for Diamond

$350 for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club

$375 for Pinnacle Club after 9/1/2016

I thought the extra $25 for PC went away when they reverted back to the original balcony discount policy. Also, could $300 be the discount for less than 6 months.

I thought the extra $25 for PC went away when they reverted back to the original balcony discount policy. Also, could $300 be the discount for less than 6 months.

I went back and edited my post. Ken was checking on a cruise that was less than 6 months from departure.

The increase of $25 for Pinnacle Club Members is a permanent increase as of August 15, 2016. It's noted here http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal...preciation.pdf

Edited by cruisenfever

I went back and edited my post. Ken was checking on a cruise that was less than 6 months from departure.

The increase of $25 for Pinnacle Club Members is a permanent increase as of August 16, 2016. It's noted here http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal...preciation.pdf

I guess you'll find out in two days, but I could have sworn that someone said that whole flyer got scuttled.