Thank you all

Rebel54

Well we have been back for a week and things have been a wee bit crazy so I haven't had time to get on here or update my blog. One of my fur babies has cancer and didn't do very well while we were away and have been dealing with that since our return. Stopped chemo and trying to keep her comfortable while we decide what our next step is. Getting back into work after a three week vacation is not easy. Found out my Aunt is dying of cancer as well. UGH.

I wanted to thank everyone for their great info and for following my live review. Not sure when we will do another cruise because I'm looking to change employers and relocate to the mainland. I hate when life gets in the way of fun :(.

Sorry to hear all the bad news that hit you on your return. I really hope you did have a good trip, and promise to wait patiently for your update/blog to be posted. Take care, and good luck with the job hunt.

Hi....I wasn't keeping up with all your posts but I hope you had a fantastic cruise:)...and as for life getting in the way.....

You are preaching to the choir....late last month I was diagnosed with a chronic form of Leukemia (thankfully it is

not terminal) but the entire event and getting the meds? OMG.....never had to deal wit such BS and red tape before:(

Edited by Lois R

Rebel, one word comes to mind...Bummer. Sorry to hear about the downer after such a high from your well planned trip. I hope hubby enjoyed his birthday dinner. ;)

Good luck on the securing the new job and relocating. And here, we'd like to relocate to Waimanalo...go figure!

RB

Rebel, sorry to hear that you came back to bad news after a wonderful cruise. Life and all the "stuff" that goes with it truly gets in the way of our enjoyment sometimes. Sounds like you're not too thrilled with having to move to the mainland.

Not to highjack this thread, but I couldn't help but notice Lois' post. I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and thank God it's not terminal. That is a lot to deal with.

Roz

Rebel, sorry to hear that you came back to bad news after a wonderful cruise. Life and all the "stuff" that goes with it truly gets in the way of our enjoyment sometimes. Sounds like you're not too thrilled with having to move to the mainland.

Not to highjack this thread, but I couldn't help but notice Lois' post. I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and thank God it's not terminal. That is a lot to deal with.

Roz

Thanks Roz:)...I appreciate it....didn't mean to take the thread off topic

either....sorry.

Thoughts and prayers heading your way, Lois....I know what it's like to lose a fur baby and my heart goes out to you....chemo is tough, no question...but you're tougher....I truly hope all goes well from here on. On the upside of moving away from beautiful Hawaii...you'll probably get more options in advanced treatments on the mainland. Good luck with everything.

Hydrokitty

Thoughts and prayers heading your way, Lois....I know what it's like to lose a fur baby and my heart goes out to you....chemo is tough, no question...but you're tougher....I truly hope all goes well from here on. On the upside of moving away from beautiful Hawaii...you'll probably get more options in advanced treatments on the mainland. Good luck with everything.

Hydrokitty

Thanks for the good wishes....the chemo is actually in pill form.......I posted

a thread on the Fashion forum about it....if you want to take it over there.

I probably shouldn't have posted about it on this thread....Hawaii? I am in Florida.

Or was that part not for me?

Edited by Lois R

Thanks for the good wishes....the chemo is actually in pill form.......I posted

a thread on the Fashion forum about it....if you want to take it over there.

I probably shouldn't have posted about it on this thread....Hawaii? I am in Florida.

Or was that part not for me?

I really have to stop drinking:o Hawaii was for someone else. :D

First, Lois: I'm sorry you are dealing with the Leukemia. Whether it's terminal or not, it's still a major medical issue that is not what you want to deal with. I pray that you will get through your treatment with positive outcomes. I don't mind you sharing that at all on this thread. It helps to be reminded that I'm not the only one with struggles.

As to the relocation, I am actually anxious to get back to the mainland. I've just not really pushed to do it because I'm pretty settled in my job and probably a little too comfortable. I could ride out another 2.5 years and retire from govt service and wait till I'm of age to get that retirement pay. My husband really wants to retire from the Navy so if I pull a mainland job that will get us closer to our home in WA, it would make a nice transition while we get a few financial goals finished up and it would still allow me to retire from govt service. I've applied for a couple jobs so we shall see what happens.

For the dog matter. She has T-cell lymphoma and has been undergoing chemo for a year. She has not gone in remission and the chemo is making her digestive system a mess so I've decided enough is enough. I've actually put some weight back on her in the last week so I'm hopeful we are on a good track.

Now to the hardest part which I briefly touched on. I'm still in shock and a lot in denial. :(. My heart is breaking over my Aunt having cancer. She apparently has several types and at least one of them (Liver) is stage 4. I'm devastated. I want to go see her but my daughter arrives on Sunday and will be getting married here in a week. I can't leave during that. I'm praying she holds on for a while, but only if she's not in pain. She didn't sound good when I talked to her. I don't want to lose her, but I don't want her to suffer.

Right now I'm working on a bright, cheery crochet blanket for her...granny squares with beautiful raised water lilies.

Thanks again for everyone's kind words.

Reb

So sad to hear of your health problems and upheavals, Rebel54 and LoisR, makes my health problems pale into oblivion, if I dare compare. I am still not back at work after seven months with "something" (I just do not fit in a medical drawer). But I have been on holiday and I am picking up. When I got home I found everyone sound and well, but I have lost my next door neighbour due to old age. She has had to move into an old people's home. It is somewhat not good for my mental state, she has been in the place as long as I can remember. It will be strangely quiet.

I hope you both find strength in what whatever you believe in and the love and care of the people around you.

notamermaid

Well we have been back for a week and things have been a wee bit crazy so I haven't had time to get on here or update my blog. One of my fur babies has cancer and didn't do very well while we were away and have been dealing with that since our return. Stopped chemo and trying to keep her comfortable while we decide what our next step is. Getting back into work after a three week vacation is not easy. Found out my Aunt is dying of cancer as well. UGH.

I wanted to thank everyone for their great info and for following my live review. Not sure when we will do another cruise because I'm looking to change employers and relocate to the mainland. I hate when life gets in the way of fun :(.

Hi Rebel, I was getting worried about you since I hadn't heard from you. Sorry that you had to return to so many problems. I hope that you will soon have time to share your cruise experience with us. We had a wonderful time and will definitely do another river cruise, trying to find one with a couple of sea days so that we can recover a little. Bob