Farewell

Andy

Hi Everyone,

As today is my final day as Host Andy, I'd like to share some closing thoughts before reverting to life as a Cruise Critic member, and my new role for the Cruise line. The Press release is expected tomorrow morning, and you'll know where I'm headed.

As I've previously shared many thoughts in this thread, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2391824 , I'll try not to repeat myself.

This has been an incredible and life-changing journey. I've absolutely loved my time as your moderator. We're a fantastic community. IMO, there's nothing better than helping each other - sharing information and ideas to ensure a wonderful cruise experience ! I sincerely hope your helpful spirit will always continue. As long as that beautiful spirit continues to thrive, I'm confident that Cruise Critic will remain the go-to cruise resource for generations to come.

If I may offer some friendly advice before I go - When you feel compelled to say something about a member ? Read your post many times, and think about if you'd like those words said about you, before hitting the "post reply" button. I'm confident you'll wind up hitting the delete key instead... and you will be much better off for your wise decision.

My plan is to remain online throughout the day & evening... until midnight. I will then log off, and turn in my Host Andy polo shirt. No, I think I will keep it :). I'm hopeful my new member name will be up and running in the morning. As I type this, I'm still uncertain of what my handle will be... but I hope to share it with you, later today. Please keep in mind that I fully expect to be an active member on this forum, so it's not a final "goodbye" :). I'll be around - only with a slightly different handle.

For those who follow me on Twitter, I will continue to be a part of the Twitterverse.... so that's not changing.

Have you wondered who will be replacing me on the Celebrity forum ? Well, You're in luck ! Please join me in welcoming Host Anne, as she returns to our forum tomorrow. I couldn't be happier for Anne, and for our members. She's a superb Host. With Host Walt & Host Anne steering the ship, I know that our forum will be in great hands.

Time to wrap it up. Thank You Cruise Critic members for all of your kindness and support. I'm counting on the cherished friendships to continue. Thank You to the Celebrity team in Miami for always being gracious. Thank You Cruise Critic, Thank You Laura, Walt & Anne. Last but certainly not least... Thank You Mom, and My Family for always welcoming my endless passion for Cruising. Wishing everyone the very best that life has to offer. Here's to your health and happiness.... along with many Cruises to come. May your life's voyages always be joy-filled !

Sincerely,

Andy Geller

(Host Andy - for a little while longer :) )

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks Andy for all your help you were always there when we needed you. Good lluck in your new job and looking forward to your posts in the future. Lets all welcome Anne tomorrow like an old friend which she will be in a short time. Bon Voyage Andy

Bon Voyage Host Andy. Hope you have smooth sailing on your new adventure. While I might guess what your new position will be I'll wait until tomorrow instead of speculating. Looking forward to reading your posts under your new handle. Host Anne will have some big sails to fill.

Thx for the many hours of time and effort you put in on our behalf.....CC is indeed my go to plan when I need helpful info from those who know. It is seldom I do not get help. Happy landings in your new position!

Bon Voyage Host Andy. Hope you have smooth sailing on your new adventure. While I might guess what your new position will be I'll wait until tomorrow instead of speculating. Looking forward to reading your posts under your new handle. Host Anne will have some big sails to fill.

Thank You for your very kind thoughts, and for not speculating - I appreciate it :)

Hi Everyone,

Update : My new member name will be....<drumroll>...... Andy. Whodathunk it, right ? :) It's probably going to change in the next hour or so.

Thank You Laura !

Edited by Host Andy

Oh Andy, your post made me cry. We will miss you so much, around here. :( I do hope that, whatever your new job is, that you will still find time to post, here on the X boards. And, like many of our fellow CC'ers, I'm eagerly awaiting the details of your upcoming press release. Best of luck, and thanks again -- for everything! :cool:

Oh Andy, your post made me cry. We will miss you so much, around here. :( I do hope that, whatever your new job is, that you will still find time to post, here on the X boards. And, like many of our fellow CC'ers, I'm eagerly awaiting the details of your upcoming press release. Best of luck, and thanks again -- for everything! :cool:

Hi Wwcruisers,

You can count on me being around, and participating on this forum. As always, thank you for your very kind comments.

I'm hopeful that you return tomorrow with the handle "Celebrity Cruises Andy" and that you are given accessibility to clarify confusions and that someone listens to your feedback on concerns/ideas/recommendations and issues expressed on Cruise Critic. That would be refreshing and I know you could do a great job for Celebrity as well as representing all of us.

If I'm wrong....well thank you for your assistance and understanding over the past few years. Much appreciated by me and obviously many others.

Good Luck...whatever is happening.

GH