Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

What ships was it ? Doesn't NCL have an American flagged ship that is exempt from the typical cabotage restrictions

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

As I remember, NCL Sun has done such itineraries in 2007/08 including some South Pacific Ocean ports.

Seems such itineraries do not require an US-flagged ship.

But also NCL has not done such itineraries again since 2008, so there does not seem to be enough demand.

So I think for RCCL, it won't be either the case...

What ships was it ? Doesn't NCL have an American flagged ship that is exempt from the typical cabotage restrictions

A short time they had 3 ships under US flag for Haiwai, Pride of America, Pride of Aloha and Pride of Hawaii. It was Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Sky, you still notice it inside and from the outside hull painting with the flowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Don't remember which NCL ship that was on that itinerary, but it was before the Pride of America made her debut. IIRC it was a 10 or 11 day cruise with a good two sea days to Kiribati each way. I also seem to recall that NCL ran amok a few times with the PVSA by not being able to make Kiribati.

As I remember, NCL Sun has done such itineraries in 2007/08 including some South Pacific Ocean ports.

Seems such itineraries do not require an US-flagged ship.

But also NCL has not done such itineraries again since 2008, so there does not seem to be enough demand.

So I think for RCCL, it won't be either the case...

Several years ago, NCL had two ships based in Hawaii. One was US-flagged, one was not. As mentioned above, the demand wasn't there, particularly for the Fanning Island itinerary on the non-US ship. Pride of America, the US-flagged ship, had ongoing crew and service issues which were fairly well-publicized at the time.

-- I stand corrected by the previous post -- NCL had 3 ships based in Hawaii.

Population density of the west coast just doesn't support a large cruise presence, and at least for the time being the Mexican riviera is dangerous. As much as I would love to venture west and cruise, it just doesn't make much business sense? .

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Some of the Canadians that do Mexican land vacations during the winter would do a cruise for variety I think. I did two cruises and certainly would again - haven't done a land vacation there but many do and some own homes and do the snowbird thing in Mexico.

While waiting for RCL to open up bookings for 2018-2019 I went searching in the now released Celebrity Cruises. Hard to pass up a great deal - we a couple weeks ago we booked Eclipse B2B Argentina - Chile (Around the Horn) 14 days and then Chile - San Diego -15 days in March 2019 -

We are wanting to take our adult son and wife for their 20 year anniversary and our 48th - in 2019 and sooooo since RCL didn't open up bookings yet - we booked 7 days on Summit Southern Caribbean -

Booked 24 Feb out of San Juan and when we get back into port on 2 March we will either stay a few days and then fly to Argentina for our B2B or fly out the same day and spend more time in Argentina and visiting the National Park and the Falls? Decisions Decisions Decisions!

The little :evilsmile: made me do it! :)

Now that's what I call innovation. Not too far south of HI.

Curious to know how they managed the time zone as it is across the International Dateline on "our" side of the Pacific

We had two sea days going each way. I can't recall exactly how they managed the time zone but we arrived at Fanning Island around 8:00am. Any day we lost going to Fanning would have been regained coming back.

We sailed on the Norwegian Wind which had been lengthened during a renovation. Our sailing was in August 2004, less than a year before the NCL Pride of America was flagged in U.S. The Pride of America was able to do 7 night sailings only in Hawaii.

We loved the itinerary. It was the ship that was the issue. Maybe that is why there was not a huge demand for those sailings. If RCI offered a sailing like this I would book in a heartbeat.

While waiting for RCL to open up bookings for 2018-2019 I went searching in the now released Celebrity Cruises. Hard to pass up a great deal - we a couple weeks ago we booked Eclipse B2B Argentina - Chile (Around the Horn) 14 days and then Chile - San Diego -15 days in March 2019 -

The little :evilsmile: made me do it! :)

Yikes! and now your post and the little :evilsmile: made me do the same thing! Well, I at least have a cabin on Hold...Thanks for the heads up, great opportunity to experience that part of the world, imho.

Yikes! and now your post and the little :evilsmile: made me do the same thing! Well, I at least have a cabin on Hold...Thanks for the heads up, great opportunity to experience that part of the world, imho.

come and join us for the 29 days cruising and the pre-cruise in Argentina to see Iguazu Falls and surrounding area is something to not be missed but seen while there - :evilsmile:

The Rhapsody has a 4/29/18 Caribbean sailing. I wonder if that means she will not be heading across the pond in 2018?? Maybe staying in the US

So does Jewel. I heard she may do Alaska in summer 2018. I'm on that San Juan sailing. The girl that I booked with at the "Next Cruise" booking desk told me that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ooooooooh...interesting that Jewel and Rhapsody may not be coming over to Europe in 2018 as I have seen Jewel listed as calling to Gibraltar Port listing.

So if rhapsody wasn't doing the Venice / Greek Isles 7day itinerary which ship would be? We are ready to book a B2B of this itinerary for June 2018 as soon as it is released . Have picked out our cabins on rhapsody!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't remember which NCL ship that was on that itinerary, but it was before the Pride of America made her debut. IIRC it was a 10 or 11 day cruise with a good two sea days to Kiribati each way. I also seem to recall that NCL ran amok a few times with the PVSA by not being able to make Kiribati.

We did the same cruise in 2004 on the Norwegian Wind, that was sold to Star Cruises which I think is still cruising Asia

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a booking question. I am interested in booking a European cruise for 2018. I am also sailing on the Anthem in May. Would it be more beneficial to book when the dates are released in the next couple weeks or wait until I am on my cruise in May? Thanks for any help

Generally speaking, it's best to book the cruise you want when it first becomes available. That way you get the best available cabin at the best available price. IMO, that beats any OBC you would get by booking onboard. If by some chance your cabin is still available at the opening price when you sail in May, cancel and rebook, if you live in a country where that is allowed. (Rules change from country to country and I didn't notice where you are from.)

I have a booking question. I am interested in booking a European cruise for 2018. I am also sailing on the Anthem in May. Would it be more beneficial to book when the dates are released in the next couple weeks or wait until I am on my cruise in May? Thanks for any help

I would book as soon as the dates are released. If you wait until May the price may go up. I have seen it go up a few hundred dollars within hours of the release.

So does Jewel. I heard she may do Alaska in summer 2018. I'm on that San Juan sailing. The girl that I booked with at the "Next Cruise" booking desk told me that.

If that is true about Jewel, then Panam Canal is probably going to be on the schedule again. Just a thought. :)

That's interesting. But consider concerning RCCL's deployment there's many many rumors, and the future cruise consultants also do not know "what's up".

I cannot remeber that this is going to be true, one should not forget Jewel is listed at some European ports, such as Gibraltar, for example. Knowing that this is subject to change, but which other ship should take over her itineraries?

come and join us for the 29 days cruising and the pre-cruise in Argentina to see Iguazu Falls and surrounding area is something to not be missed but seen while there - :evilsmile:

Good find Audrilee - I may just need to pencil in a cabin for spring of 2019.

Good find Audrilee - I may just need to pencil in a cabin for spring of 2019.

Audrilee - thanks for posting about this amazing itinerary. Mindy - penciling it in too. Put a cabin on hold today.