New to Princess... Ruby question re: 3 pax

Bibble

Hi!

First time Princess cruiser here.

When I check for balcony6 cabins on the Ruby Princess for 3 passengers, when I click details, it does not let me choose bed configurations - it only lets me choose "twin" (not queen/king). and it states that there will be a rollaway brought in permanently for pax#3.

My question(s) is/are:

a) Are all 3 pax balcony cabins this way? I'm guessing it means they have to move around the two beds to accomodate #3.

b) Are there other 3 pax balcony cabins that can have the twins together and have an upper bunk? (and I just haven't stumbled upon it/them yet?)

Thanks so anyone who can help!

Different cabin classes have different arrangements. Some have a roll-in as stated, but most have one or two pull down beds which are pulled down in the evening (usually while you are at dinner) and put back up when the cabin is cleaned in the morning. The mini-suites have a sofa which converts into a bed in the evening. Again, your steward will take care of all this. The roll-in is nice if one or more of you is elderly, the pull downs require climbing a ladder to get in and get out. the drawback is the loss of floor space at night.

We always have 3, sometimes 4 in a cabin. We like the window cabins because they are longer than the balcony cabins and are roomier. We are trying a mini this time, will see how we like it.

Hi!

b) Are there other 3 pax balcony cabins that can have the twins together and have an upper bunk? (and I just haven't stumbled upon it/them yet?)

Our deluxe balcony had a sofa with a roll out bed for a 3rd guest.

Different cabin classes have different arrangements. Some have a roll-in as stated, but most have one or two pull down beds which are pulled down in the evening (usually while you are at dinner) and put back up when the cabin is cleaned in the morning. The mini-suites have a sofa which converts into a bed in the evening. Again, your steward will take care of all this. The roll-in is nice if one or more of you is elderly, the pull downs require climbing a ladder to get in and get out. the drawback is the loss of floor space at night.

We always have 3, sometimes 4 in a cabin. We like the window cabins because they are longer than the balcony cabins and are roomier. We are trying a mini this time, will see how we like it.

We always have 4 to a cabin as well. We've done the inside room, Outside rooms and are finally trying a mini suite so we can sleep together in one bed!! One kid will still have to have a bunk in the ceiling, but at least the other will have the sofa bed. We will see how we like it. Not sure it's worth the extra money yet, but I am excited to try it. it will be the first cruise that our kids come with us that we actually get to sleep in a Queen configuration. lol

Climbing the ladder scares me and as an adult, I would NOT want that top bunk. So when I go on my cruise with my mom and sister, it's mini suite and sofa bed. We will have to Roshambo for the twin beds. :)

I don't like the rollaway bed because I hear they don't take it away during the day, so it cramps up the room, which isn't that large to begin with, but it beats the alternative of climbing those stairs!

Hi!

When I check for balcony6 cabins on the Ruby Princess for 3 passengers, when I click details, it does not let me choose bed configurations - it only lets me choose "twin" (not queen/king). and it states that there will be a rollaway brought in permanently for pax#3.

My question(s) is/are:

a) Are all 3 pax balcony cabins this way? I'm guessing it means they have to move around the two beds to accomodate #3.

Some will accommodate a rollaway and some will have an extra berth.

For safety reasons if the upper berth is used then the lower beds cannot be put together, or at least they are not supposed to be.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Haven't sailed on Ruby yet but have been in a 3 passenger balcony cabin. The third berth came down out of the ceiling. As there were only two of us in the cabin it wasn't even noticeable unless you looked up and saw the outline of it on the ceiling.

Hi!

My question(s) is/are:

Thanks so anyone who can help![/quote

All mini suites will handle a 3rd passenger on the pull out sofa. Balcony cat. cabins handle the 3rd person in two ways, a bunk that pulls down from the ceiling or a roll-away. When it is a bunk the lower beds have to be in the twin position to provide access to the upper bunk. You will have to ask Princess specifically on each cabin as to weather it has a bunk or a roll-away. The information is also shown by cabin on the deck plans in the annual cruise atlas, but the roll-away/bunk information is not shown on line in the Princess web site.

Thank you all for your help!!!!

Some will accommodate a rollaway and some will have an extra berth.

For safety reasons if the upper berth is used then the lower beds cannot be put together, or at least they are not supposed to be.

That explains a lot. I'm not able to visualize where the upper would be that the bottoms would have to be separate, but at least I know it's not a website glitch when it doesn't give me the option for the twins to be together as a queen/king.

Here is a recent thread discussing third passenger in a balcony cabin. Crown is sister to Ruby.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2399668

Oh thank you so much for this link!!! I don't know sister ships, etc, for Princess so I was afraid to go by any other ship names.

This link was great, to see the picture of how it's set up.

Now I have 10 months for my husband to decide if he'd rather be interior and we sleep in the same bed, or a big beautiful balcony and sleep separate... (with a 14 year old daughter in the bunk, truly it's not like it will matter - LOL!