Terrace Favorites

dinosaurdem

Breakfast - mixed fresh berries (usually 4 kinds), croissants and esp. almond croissants (not available daily)

Lunch - depends on specials for the day (used to be lobster salad - haven't seen it for a while :()

Dinner - lobster tails and large grilled shrimp

The answer may depend on which ship you are taking about. Terrace on Marina and Riviera is much larger than the "R" ships, although the smaller ships have made some adjustments.

Whichever ship, we've been pretty happy with the choices in Terrace.

I'm more likely to ask for a steak grilled to my taste on the larger ships, but had a very nice one on Nautica recently.

For both lunch and dinner, a number of courses that are available in the GDR will also be available upstairs.

We tend not to go to breakfast in the Terrace because in recent years we've usually been in a suite where we would dine in room on tour days OR in the GDR on a sea day. But in June we were in a B1 veranda and on tour days we went up to Terrace for breakfast since we couldn't "order in".

I have to say I preferred the omelets there ... maybe because it really is cooked while you are waiting?

For lunch I look for salads ... for dinner I look for what I like!

You won't go wrong ...

Mura

Depends on who the chef is. Really

We notice huge differences in the variety, preparation and selection from chef to chef

Apple desserts. White bean soup Tuscan style. SeAfood salad. Made to order pasta if they have ingredients I want

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last December we had King Crab legs served once on each leg on B2B for dinner on the Riviera. With a grilled to order steak, it turned out to be surf and turf! Also the sushi at dinner, yum! And not to forget the Florida lobster tails and large shrimp, and lamb chops at dinner. And ohhh, the desserts!...key lime pie, chocolate tarts, cookies, cakes, tortes, etc...Lunch, the grilled fish and salad choices. Breakfast, they serve caramel rolls at least one morning, and of course the made to order eggs Benedict.

Edited by Cruseforme

• 2 months later...
lobster salad - haven't seen it for a while :()

Last year on Marina, they had it about every third day. I couldn't get enough of it. My wife told me i could not get thirds so I got 2 large portions. Just enough onion....we're about a year away from our next cruise....time to start thinking about it again!!!

Last year on Marina, they had it about every third day. I couldn't get enough of it. My wife told me i could not get thirds so I got 2 large portions. Just enough onion....we're about a year away from our next cruise....time to start thinking about it again!!!

I hope that you will have better luck than us.

A week into our cruise on Sirena, no sighting of the lobster salad so far :(

Have to have 72 Hour Braised Shortrib. Will even cancel specialty reservation if it conflicts. Most people don't realize that it looks like this.

b39fccecd2cbaeb041d7c6c0b5609dd6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is indeed VERY good.

I might cancel Toscana for it but not any of the others :D

I agree. That was why I didn't recognize it when I first saw it. If I had seen it on the MDR menu, I wouldn't have ordered it thinking it was some kind of stew or pot roast meal.

I'm just glad I saw it in the Terrace and asked what it was. Tasted it and I was hooked - whatever you want to call it.