Tipping question

BeverlyS

So we are paying for our tipping in advance. Does the staff know that we've already tipped? If we decide to give them an additional tip for exceptional service, do they realize they've already been tipped or are the going to think that's their only tip?

Yes, of course. Be comfortable knowing that staff understands how their cruise line operates. Tipping for exceptional service would be welcome, but truly not expected. A contribution to the onboard fund that's shared by staff is appreciated also. You may want to do a search for another CC thread that elaborates on this.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So we are paying for our tipping in advance. Does the staff know that we've already tipped? If we decide to give them an additional tip for exceptional service, do they realize they've already been tipped or are the going to think that's their only tip?

The staff knows the pre-paid or automatic tips. Your additional tip is also considered your generous way of appreciating their service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The have a list that will show who has pre-paid the tips. We give cash to the ones who have given us exceptional service usually on the last day. We left cash with a note in the room for the steward and handed additional cash to our waiter and asst. waiter on the last night. We also keep an envelope with 1's and 5's in the desk drawer for room service tips.

Thanks everyone! I didn't know the answer to this question.

We have never pre-paid but never "removed" auto-gratuities.

With our extra tips to cabin and dining room stewards, I always note, "We have not removed HSC, but this is for you!" or "In addition to HSC!"

I also take some $5 bills with me around the ship on the last day or two, and gift to those servers (bar, Lido, etc) who have been particularly attentive.

they are well aware of who has prepaid as well as who has removed the auto gratuity.

It is my belief that the OP knew he wasn't on Cunard. It is in his first paragraph. Just because someone points out what they had on another cruise line doesn't mean someone needs to jump on a and say something that is totally Obvious! Think about it.:eek: