Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Interesting! Looks like a cake that did not come out quite right!

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark

All the sweet, green icing flowing down

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again

Oh no!

Sorry - couldn't resist with the cake comment :D:D

Positive photos? As opposed to... [emoji12]

97c03a7083ad98fe5dc5edde3de7c7fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Now that has to be one serious negative comment.

Am sure some will see red.

Can’t wait to see how things will develop

[emoji23][emoji12]🤪

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish they would update this - this came out almost a year ago. Maybe after the big reveal on Feb 28th they will update it. :D

What is the big reveal on Feb 28? I mean not what they are going to say (duh, I AM blond!) but where did you see this announcement? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the big reveal on Feb 28? I mean not what they are going to say (duh, I AM blond!) but where did you see this announcement? [emoji4]

TomMMD found an announcement on FB about Edge dining venue info release on Feb 28th at 6 PM.

enhance

I'm hoping Celebrity step up their game with specialty dining on the EDGE class - would love to see them be the industry first to offer a Mediterranean (Greek, Turkish, Lebanese) venue, or say an authentic Indian or Persian Dining venue, maybe a true Thai/Malay offering or a Pan-Caribbean/S. American venue - there is more to global dining Than steaks, French and Italian. I think the Magic Carpet might even offer the perfect opportunity for tapas style dining.

I'm hoping Celebrity step up their game with specialty dining on the EDGE class - would love to see them be the industry first to offer a Mediterranean (Greek, Turkish, Lebanese) venue, or say an authentic Indian or Persian Dining venue, maybe a true Thai/Malay offering or a Pan-Caribbean/S. American venue - there is more to global dining Than steaks, French and Italian. I think the Magic Carpet might even offer the perfect opportunity for tapas style dining.

Actually qsine has a wide variety of interesting diverse culture food

Yes. I also would love a Mediterranean restaurant. I think for it to succeed it would likely need to feature some cuisine that people are more familiar with (Italian, Spanish) along with some new cuisine (Greek, Turkish) and then maybe have a unique cuisine once a week on a 7 night rotation (Moroccan, Egyptian, Lebanese, Israeli, Croatian, French, Maltese).

A solid seafood restaurant would also be good (I’ve always found it odd that so few cruise ships offer a full seafood restaurant when you spend so much time on the sea). And a pan-Asian restaurant could do well (something better than Silk Harvest). I know that an Indian dining experience would go over well with the Brits but I don’t think a huge number of Americans would be drawn to it. And that’s the thing with any of these restaurants; they need to cater to the widest audience. Which is why you generally wind up with a steakhouse, French and Italian on cruise ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cuisine type for customer base is extremely important - I thought it was basically all the same offerings on each cruise until I sailed Reflection from Miami for her first Caribbean sailing for the season. The ship had just come back from Europe and it was quite obvious many of the Oceanview Cafe offerings were geared towards Europeans. Almost like they hadn’t switched to the American market yet and there was way less in terms of what I would eat or normally see. It was interesting, and just one of the factors that would deter me from ever sailing a ship that had just re-positioned the previous cruise.

Cuisine type for customer base is extremely important - I thought it was basically all the same offerings on each cruise until I sailed Reflection from Miami for her first Caribbean sailing for the season. The ship had just come back from Europe and it was quite obvious many of the Oceanview Cafe offerings were geared towards Europeans. Almost like they hadn’t switched to the American market yet and there was way less in terms of what I would eat or normally see. It was interesting, and just one of the factors that would deter me from ever sailing a ship that had just re-positioned the previous cruise.

I haven’t noticed that with Celebrity. I cruised in Europe last year and the Oceanview had similar offerings as to what I saw when sailing the Caribbean. I have noticed over the past couple years on all ships though that they have been offering more international cuisine items, especially Indian, Asian and Middle Eastern foods and more British fare. I think they still strike a good balance to cater to everyone though.

Actually qsine has a wide variety of interesting diverse culture food

Yes. I also would love a Mediterranean restaurant. I think for it to succeed it would likely need to feature some cuisine that people are more familiar with (Italian, Spanish) along with some new cuisine (Greek, Turkish) and then maybe have a unique cuisine once a week on a 7 night rotation (Moroccan, Egyptian, Lebanese, Israeli, Croatian, French, Maltese).

A solid seafood restaurant would also be good (I’ve always found it odd that so few cruise ships offer a full seafood restaurant when you spend so much time on the sea). And a pan-Asian restaurant could do well (something better than Silk Harvest). I know that an Indian dining experience would go over well with the Brits but I don’t think a huge number of Americans would be drawn to it. And that’s the thing with any of these restaurants; they need to cater to the widest audience. Which is why you generally wind up with a steakhouse, French and Italian on cruise ships.

I agree that Qsine does offer a wide mix of foods, but I get the impression that EDEN dining may replace Qsine as the "experimental" dining option.

A rotational global/Mediterranean menu is an interesting concept, as is a dedicated seafood offering - HAL has been successful with Sel De Mer and NCL with Ocean Blue, so there is room in the industry for it.

I also see where others are coming from that they need to appeal to the broadest audience, but on the same token that often leads to uninspired menus and "same-as" unexciting options, and really shouldn't the MDR serve that function? If I went on a vessel with varied options such as Thai/Malay, Vietnamese, Indian, Persian, Mediterranean, French, Spanish, Italian, Ukrainian/Russian, German, Caribbean/S. American, Ethiopian, etc. as specialty dining options I would probably never return to the MDR. While many Americans do have a penchant for the "known"/"safe" when it comes to dining, there are also many of us who appreciate a much more varied cuisine. Are those of us with more adventurous tastes enough to support a truly global specialty dining program? Sadly probably not ....... but sure would be nice to see a cruise line try it!

Interesting, when Edge was first announced it was going to be smaller than the Solstice Class it now seems to be carrying more passengers and be bigger

Edge is a larger ship by most, but not all, measurements:

Solstice is 1,041 feet long, while Edge is 1,004 feet long

Edge is 37 feet shorter

Solstice is 121 feet wide, while Edge is 128 feet wide

Edge is 7 feet wider

Solstice is 15 decks high, while Edge is also 15 decks high

Edge has the same number of decks

Solstice has 1,425 cabins, while Edge has 1,478

Edge has 53 more cabins

Solstice is 121,878 gross tons (a measure of internal volume), while Edge is 129,500

Edge has more internal volume

Solstice holds 2,850 to 3,420 passengers, while Edge will hold 2,918 to 3,372 passengers

Edge has 68 more passengers at double occupancy, and 48 fewer passengers at maximum capacity

I saw a Celebrity instagram on Facebook. I posted it earlier on a different thread.

Sent from my iPad using Forums