Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

The Magic Carpet will be even more exposed than the Lawn Club Grill, which is at the back of a large superstructure that partially blocks the wind (in the photo below, it's under the funnel with the "X" on it). The MC is hanging off the side of the ship in the full exposure to the wind coming down the side of the ship with nothing to block that wind.

143cba60dc1a54bf8b6483c9322dcc99--celebrity-cruises-sandy-toes.jpg

i'm totally aware of where it sits, which, unless wind and elements has been seriously taken into account, I don't see how this could work, or be popular. I just wasn't a big fan of the lawn club grill. we did sit by the windows, but it was still too cold, in the Caribbean in march.

Don’t be rediculous.

Don't be a grump. Try having a sense of humor - you might actually enjoy it. :')

Still, names are important. They convey an image that the company is trying to convey. Sometimes they work well, like "Celebrity", which give the image that cruising with them is akin to being a celebrity, and sometimes not so well, like "Edsel", which failed miserably as a name of a car since it provided zero image to the buyer.

LG never a problem in the Caribbean. Great restaurant. food excellent Cabins usually have an umbrella to use. We also travel with rain panchos for bad weather

We trvl with rain ponchos too...had no idea there wasn't a covered walkway or we could have been prepared. However, sitting out in the rain with plastic flaps, not a big treat esp at the price point!

Different issue for the Porch, also outdoors .....way too much sun depending on route/ time of day..

So hopeful they took this all into design for the MC...as best they could

I have heard peels of laughter when I repeated your joke.... not

Ouch, lighten up. I didn't really see it as a joke - they were just trying to make a point. "Magic Carpet" makes it SOUND like a gimmick. They could have thought of something a bit more sophisticated for it, since they're trying to market it as something classy offering "al fresco" dining and an "extraordinary venue". To me, the name "Magic Carpet" does not describe this experience, it sounds like a ride, which, it's not that at all. So not only does it sound like something better suited for Disney Cruise Lines (totally not knocking them, I have heard great things), but its function is not at all what the name describes.

Personally, names may or may not suggest or conjure up a particular thing. However, seeing the completed product and experiencing what it has to offer will be the proof in the pudding...I am not on Edge until it cruises to Southampton, so my wait is longer than many of you....please post about your experiences!

Does anybody else hate the name Magic Carpet for this platform? I like the concept just hate the name. Sounds kind of cheesy on such a classy ship!

we can change the name to a reference point as we like, say The Platform?

There is nothing which dictates that we have to use the same terms as X in referencing the ship or its' components, just as long as it gets established and understood by those who encounter the term(s).

bon voyage