JUST FOR FUN: Who is your favorite cruise director and why?

smootsdce

Please, let's keep this fun with only positive comments. [emoji3] Who is your favorite cruise director and what makes him/or her own use to the top?

Mine has to be Patricio Honores. ( I think that is his last name) I sailed with him on the Rhapsody in May of 2016 and he and the entire activities team were incredible! You could tell he loves his job, loves people, and he went out of his way to make our cruise extra special.

So...tell me about who really stands out for you.

Danielle

Patricio is my favorite too! And his assistant Daniel (Dani) is also great! Loved them both. They are both so witty. They make you feel like you are now friends and that they are there for you.

Favorite is probably Graham Seymour; I don't think we ever sailed with Richard Spacey.

HOWEVER, our most memorable was Clo O'Connor on Jewel a few years back. She was out and about, personable, talked to people, and had a morning walk on the top deck that was a blast. And, again, she talked to everyone on the walk. Oh, and the British invasion night was totally over the top...

Obviously Jewel's size made it easier for the cruise director to interact with passengers, but Clo was just very memorable.

Ricky Matthews. He has lots of energy and is always happy around the passengers and crew

His Love & Marriage is different than everyone else's, keeping both sexes on stage the entire time with their backs facing each other, completely changing the nature of the game. Thus the contestants wrote on white boards and never had a chance to speak, the whole thing was about him - not the contestants. It was embarrassingly bad and by thirty minutes in, half the theater was streaming out. His Quest was fun, though.

Edited by TrojanUSC

His Love & Marriage is different than everyone else's, keeping both sexes on stage the entire time with their backs facing each other, completely changing the nature of the game. Thus the contestants wrote on white boards and never had a chance to speak, the whole thing was about him - not the contestants. It was embarrassingly bad and by thirty minutes in, half the theater was streaming out. His Quest was fun, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but only in the last 3-2 years I see the contestant going to the back. Ever since I'm traveling with Royal both contestants remained on the stage ( maybe it was coincidence). Royal keeps assigning him huge and new ships I guess something good he must be doing [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct me if I'm wrong but only in the last 3-2 years I see the contestant going to the back. Ever since I'm traveling with Royal both contestants remained on the stage ( maybe it was coincidence). Royal keeps assigning him huge and new ships I guess something good he must be doing [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only been sailing for about five years, but the way he does it is very jarring and it doesn't allow for the guests themselves to be funny. This activity is usually a highlight and there was a steady stream of people exiting halfway through. Disappointing.

Later I spoke to the activities manager and he told me it was the way only Ricky does it, but they all dread it because the guests are mostly gone by the end.

My absolute favorite was Richard Spacey. He I'd no longer with rccl. I wonder where he is?

My favourite too, but I never saw him on a Royal Caribbean ship. He's now a CD with Celebrity, which is where I saw him

I've never been very bothered about who is cruise director but we recently had Clo on the Brilliance TA and now I know why people care. She was outstanding, friendly, funny and always out and about around the ship talking to the passengers. We even got up to do the 8am walk a mile every day because she made it such fun.

Julie

He didn't have that process on his love and marriage during his Majesty days, but he did run one of the best quests I've seen.

Graham Seymour, a very funny guy.

Oh my goodness, this man is hysterical, every morning the TV would go on to watch his review from the day before and the activities for the day. we often ended up in tears of laughter. The day he did the star trek thing (drat can't remember which) on Explorer it took us 10 minutes to stop laughing. Very suited to be married to an Australian girl.

Have only been on one cruise so glad he was the cruise director, and like the Engish are very good at, he could be very naughty on adults theatre night.

• 9 months later...