Senior discounts?

chrismch

I've often seen ads and questions on cruise websites about signing up for senior discounts. Since there are so many "seniors" who are loyal cruisers, do the cruise lines really offer any discounts that are any better than the normal sales? I know there are real military discounts and the third person in the room discount, but has anyone ever had a senior discount?

I noticed that you have asked this question on multiple CC forums..not a problem, however if you are looking for discounts (senior or otherwise), I suggest you contact a knowledgeable TA. Not only can they offer in some cases great discounts on some cruises (group or otherwise), but also generous OBC, and in some cases a rebate check based on the amount spent. For senior discounts, you may also wish to join a popular Nationwide Association for seniors, they have travel ideas available also.

Edited by Cruseforme

you may also wish to join a popular Nationwide Association for seniors, they have travel ideas available also.

It's not that I hate.....er......dislike them intensely for asking me to join somewhat prematurely-

but their Cruise & Tour prices are way out of wack-

Not the place to look for a bargain IMHO

If they were smart they'd offer a discount to the under 30 crowd to attract more of that demographic. Seniors will sail anyway.

Most of the under 30 crowd would probably disembark early out of boredom and not very likely to return :D

Have rarely seen anyone under the age of 55 onboard....except for lucky grandchildren who banded together and looked for something interesting to do.

Perhaps you haven't cruised the Caribbean on Oceania lately?

On the trip we were on earlier this month there were a considerable amount of under 50 cruisers on Riviera.

Nope, we don't frequent the Caribbean. We've done more than a few cruises on O but never to the Caribbean because that isn't an area that interests us. Good for the under 55 crowd to know that O has a younger demographic on their Caribbean cruises though.

Pardon?😱

Sorry, Jane, for being so late in commenting on your query. RonRick said what I had been thinking ... given the older demographic on Oceania, it would be unlikely for senior discounts to happen. The vast majority of passengers would qualify.

When we took our first Renaissance cruise we looked around at the boat drill and concluded that most of the passengers were over 70 years old. Now we're in that age range and it doesn't seem like a bad thing at all! Twenty years can change your opinion, I guess. Back then we weren't yet seniors ...now we are! :)

Of course O could always raise the prices and then give a discount to bring the price down to the original level ... It's not like that NEVER happens! (I'm talking about other pricing, not necessarily cruises.)

Mura

I guess the big question is

Has anyone gotten a senior discount on an Oceania cruise ?

I have never gotten one & we started cruising on O when we were 55+ ;)

Edited by LHT28

The even larger and perhaps better question is how do you find an agent with connections to the lines you like, one who offers group packages that include all sorts of amenities, cash rebates, and extra on board credits....

. Discount prices are sucker deals designed to lure price only passengers, who soon discover that once on board they get bombarded with dozens of extra costs at every turn... and end up paying way more than they dreamed for their "discount cruise".

Start with O's connoisseur club, a group of agents that are O's best producers and lay out what you want..... You might be surprised, as they can not advertise to the general public what they can do.....

Many on-line booking tools will display a "senior's" check box. And many will ask for state/prov of residency. Those are not filters in that the search results will only present offers that meet those requirements but rather IF the cruises displayed in the results have discounts for those qualifications then they will be priced accordingly.

I have never seen an age-based discount on a cruise. I'll keep trying though.

Celebrity, on occasion, does offer senior discounts. I was able to take advantage of it once.

Yes, but then you'd be stuck on a Celebrity ship-

And that defeats the purpose for most of us, here.

I've ALWAYS maintained, that those who can be happy with the quality and service on those Mainstream lines are crazy to pay Oceania prices.

As centenarian Olivia DeHavilland so eloquently paraphrased the French - à chacun son goût-:

"To Each, his Own"

I've ALWAYS maintained, that those who can be happy with the quality and service on those Mainstream lines are crazy to pay Oceania prices.

As centenarian Olivia DeHavilland so eloquently paraphrased the French - à chacun son goût-:

"To Each, his Own"

perfect.........

Thanks for all the feedback. I've received extra perks from a TA, but when I've tried to check senior perks across the board online with the cruiselines, I only see "not available on this cruise."

However, I am curious about the FL discounts as we are in the exploratory phase of buying a home in that state. What kind of discounts do they offer?

NCL offers AARP discounts on some of their cruises. However usually the Latitudes discount is more and they are not combinable.

The only Florida discounts I have seen are last minute discounts out of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by PaulMCO

"To Each, his Own"

I was responding to the fact that the OP asked this question on a few forums so I was informing him that Celebrity has senior discounts if that's what's most important.