No luggage! Help?

Abbabug

Good morning everyone,

We arrived early this morning for today's sailing of the Freedom of the Seas. However, our luggage did not arrive. Delta said they will ship the luggage on the next SEA to FLL flight. Unfortunately, it means that we will not have our luggage prior to departing. It may catch up to us at a port of call.

We do not have a vehicle. What would be the best, closest place to shop? We need clothing and toiletries.

Tips anyone?

Looks like the Southport shopping Mall is the closest to the port.

1303 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Don't go to Southport, this is a strip mall with restaurants, grocery store etc. Galleria is you best bet for clothes. Macy's also has a luggage section as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by brenderlou

That sucks. I'm not too familiar with the area but there's a CVS on the corner of 17th and Route 1. There's also a TJMaxx off 17th street behind the Embassy Suites. Looking at Google Maps, the nearest full shopping mall might be Pembroke Lakes Mall on Pines Blvd near I-75. That appears to be a big shopping area. It's about a 30 min drive from the airport. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the area will reply. Good luck.

That sucks. I'm not too familiar with the area but there's a CVS on the corner of 17th and Route 1. There's also a TJMaxx off 17th street behind the Embassy Suites. Looking at Google Maps, the nearest full shopping mall might be Pembroke Lakes Mall on Pines Blvd near I-75. That appears to be a big shopping area. It's about a 30 min drive from the airport. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the area will reply. Good luck.

Galleria Mall is maybe a 10 min ride and is in FLL on Sunrise Blvd.

Don't go to Southport, this is a strip mall with restaurants, grocery store etc. Galleria is you best bet for clothes. Macy's also has a luggage section as well.

Thanks for correcting that, I guess google isn't always your friend

Mac

Our Ramada reservation includes a shuttle ride to the port. Should we leave carry ons at Ramada, taxi over to Galleria to shop then taxi back to Ramada for the last 12:45 shuttle ride?

Or should we just haul (taxi) everything and everyone over to Galleria then taxi over to the port?

The brains are a little tired this morning and can't seem to make decisions on the smallest thing!

Guest Services on the ship will give you a small packet of emergency toiletries including toothbrushes and toothpaste. However,the deodorant is tiny and the razor horrible. They will also likely give you a couple of tee shirts. And I would tote everything to the Galleria and taxi from there to the port. Hope you have travel insurance that will reimburse you for your expenses. Be sure to keep every receipt.

Edited by 39august

Our Ramada reservation includes a shuttle ride to the port. Should we leave carry ons at Ramada, taxi over to Galleria to shop then taxi back to Ramada for the last 12:45 shuttle ride?

Or should we just haul (taxi) everything and everyone over to Galleria then taxi over to the port?

The brains are a little tired this morning and can't seem to make decisions on the smallest thing!

I'd take everything with you so you can take as much time as you want at the mall.

I'm really impressed with your positive attitude and predict you will have a wonderful cruise. Would you please post the final chapter afterward- shopping experience, if and where your luggage catches up with you, new ideas about how to do more with less, etc.

Bon Voyage!

Margy

Had this happen on my cruise with Liberty, earlier this month. My wife got her bag, but nothing for me. After a long story of fiascos, my bag beat me back home, never opened once during our trip.

Macy's has everything, and Walgreens has everything else. I rented a suit on the boat ($57) for the week and bought additionals on the promenade. Needless to say it was an adventure and prob one of my favorited cruises!

I suggest, stay calm and just roll with it. Please keep the mindset that you will not get your bags thus disappointment not eat you up. Sure helped me a lot.

Good luck!

Edited by csnarpy

please let us know which port Delta got your luggage to you. Make sure Guest Services knows some luggage is going to show up at a port for you, they will have to contact their port agent to go to the airport to look for it.

This mishap is why I always pack some clothing in my carry-on.

At least you have some time to buy something before hitting the sea! That's a HUGE plus! Good luck getting your luggage from the airlines. I certainly hope they will be refunding any baggage costs you might have been charged!

When we fly, we always pack 2 bags, and we cross-pack, so if one goes missing, we each still have something!

Edited by cb at sea

Good morning everyone,

We arrived early this morning for today's sailing of the Freedom of the Seas. However, our luggage did not arrive. Delta said they will ship the luggage on the next SEA to FLL flight. Unfortunately, it means that we will not have our luggage prior to departing. It may catch up to us at a port of call.

We do not have a vehicle. What would be the best, closest place to shop? We need clothing and toiletries.

Tips anyone?

The first thing you should do once you board the ship is go to guest relations and have them make a copy of your lost luggage claim with Delta. RCI will coordinate with Delta to get your luggage to the first port of call; but they need the claim to track your luggage. Also, remember you can purchase additional clothing and toiletries in the ship's shops. RCI may also provide emergency toiletry kits, etc. Just ask.

Good morning everyone,

Tips anyone?

You've had 3 great bits of advice: Insurance, cross-pack, and one set of clothes each in your carryons. We'll be flying SEA to FLL on Alaska air -- now you've got me worried! Haven't had this happen in 30 years and that was on the way home. Hawaii to Seattle. We lived in the tooliedingles, but it only took a week or so to have the bag delivered to our door by the pony express -- maybe it was a truck. :D