Ice Cream Drinks

Jane2357

Since no bar has an ice cream machine, no matter where you are someone would have to go to the buffet or grill area to get the ice cream. You may be able to find a server or bartender who will do that for you. All the bars have cream, so if you can settle for a drink like a White Russian made with cream, that should be easily available.

A couple ships have (or did have) a kiosk by the pool with 7-8 variety iced-smoothie drinks ($10). I think it was called "Slush". Offered 'Shirley Temple' versions too. Really refreshing and used premium liquor like Don Julio tequila, Grey Goose? vodka.

I thought two flavor recipes looked appealing and the server made a half-half combo that he said was popular. YUM HAPPY CRUISING

On board Eclipse last month I got frozen toasted almonds, grasshoppers and mudslides at the pool from pool servers and from drink servers at the theater whenever I asked, no need to go anywhere! Also, as mentioned before, there was Slush near the pool.

Frozen drinks and slushee drinks aren't hard to come by. Ice cream drinks are a different matter

That is what I had asked - "ice cream" based cocktail type drinks. Not slushee style or the standard from a mix, frozen drink. Glad someone got what I was talking about because they are NOT the same thing. :)

Guess I will just have to inquire and I'm thinking my best bet is in Michaels - obviously when they aren't busy and yes I'll be prepared for a no.

Grasshopper Recipe

Ingredients

1 shot green creme de menthe

1 shot white creme de cacao

2 scoops vanilla ice cream

Fresh mint sprig, for garnish

Place creme de menthe, creme de cacao, and ice cream into a blender. Blend until thick and creamy.

Pour into a 12-ounce glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint.

Polar Bear

1 oz. Amaretto

1 oz. Frangelico

1 oz. Cocoa Cream

1 oz. Chocolate Syrup

1 scoop of Ice Cream (Vanilla or chocolate)

Blend until it has the consistance of a milkshake. Serve in a highball and garnish with whipped cream.

Edited by Jane2357

That is what I had asked - "ice cream" based cocktail type drinks. Not slushee style or the standard from a mix, frozen drink. Glad someone got what I was talking about because they are NOT the same thing. :)

Guess I will just have to inquire and I'm thinking my best bet is in Michaels - obviously when they aren't busy and yes I'll be prepared for a no.

Frozen toasted almonds are made with Amaretto, Baileys Irish Cream and ICE CREAM!Mudslides and frozen grasshoppers are also made with ice cream. I got all three from pool servers. Also got them from drink service at the theater.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Hi Jane!!! :D

You could always do something similar to what I do with my grapefruit juice and vodka.

I get fresh squeezed grapefruit juice from either room service or Blu and then take it with me to my preferred bar for them to add the Belvedere.

May be a slight pain but oh -so - worth it in the flavor!

Have a fabulous cruise!!!

Miss you guys!

Last month, on the Silhouette, I had mudslides at the Pool Bar, Mast Bar, and the Sunset Bar and none of them had ice cream in them. How do I know for a fact that no ice cream was used? I sat at the bar and watched them make them. They use an ice cream type mixture, with the texture of thick milk and it comes in container similar to what you get cream in. Once the ice is pulverized, it taste like the mudslides made with ice cream. What they do in Michael's might be different though

Last month, on the Silhouette, I had mudslides at the Pool Bar, Mast Bar, and the Sunset Bar and none of them had ice cream in them. How do I know for a fact that no ice cream was used? I sat at the bar and watched them make them. They use an ice cream type mixture, with the texture of thick milk and it comes in container similar to what you get cream in. Once the ice is pulverized, it taste like the mudslides made with ice cream. What they do in Michael's might be different though

You are correct....they don't have freezers at the bars so there is no way

it is "real ice cream". It is a mix.....I have had plenty of mudslides and

they taste delicious but they are not made with ice cream that you would need a scooper to to scoop out.;)

If having an ice cream drink is important, the only way is to go to the ice cream line or the gelato bar to get it, then have the bar staff make it to order. Also remember that not all bars have blenders. Assuming the OP is in a suite, talking to the michael's staff is your best bet.

Thanks everyone. I will ask in Michaels as I am in a suite and I will gladly offer to fetch the ice cream myself.

Do I "need" an ice cream drink - no. Do I want one - YES!!! I'll even bring a couple of recipes with me. :D

Jane

You might try in Cafe al Bacio. They have access to gelato for their drinks as well as the bar liquors. They make a great cold coffee with gelato. If you ask, I bet they can make what you want! They all sound delicious!

On S-class, the Michael's Club bartender should have access to the Murano galley where there are freezers, so it may not be a big deal. I don't know of any restaurant facilities near the M-class MC. But it is an extra-special request that would require them to leave the bar, so it deserves an extra tip at least. Just because they aim to please doesn't mean you should expect them to run all over the ship.

Edited by bEwAbG

Jane: We spent 30+ nights on the Solstice recently in a suite, and while we saw the Michael's Club bartender making frozen drinks (another passenger had a fondness for banana daiquiris) I don't recall watching any ice cream based drinks being made. But we will also be on the April 2nd cruise so will look for you in Michael's. That Polar Bear recipe sounds wonderful, so there may be two of us trying to order them!

But we will also be on the April 2nd cruise so will look for you in Michael's. That Polar Bear recipe sounds wonderful, so there may be two of us trying to order them!

Can't wait to meet you! We will have 15 nights to try to get those Polar Bears made so we might be able to make it happen! :D

I do OF COURSE expect to be tipping the bartender/wait staff in Michael's Club for their service - the ice cream drink would be a real step above my expectations and the tip would reflect that :) so no worries there.

I'll happily purchase the ice cream and take it to Michael's myself - I want to talk to the bartender there first and make sure that when I do so - that the timing is right, meaning when it would not inconvenience other passengers.

Thank you all for the suggestions - I'll report back after the cruise.

Northern Aurora - just noticed your home town - Fairbanks. We were just there at the tail end of our Alaskan adventure this past May/June.

It was the trip of a lifetime :D Vancouver to Seward on Celebrity of course and then we traveled north from there for 6 nights ending in Fairbanks. It was my second trip to Alaska but DH's first. I LOVE Alaska! Can't wait to meet you and chat. Ask for Bob and Jane - we'll be around :D

Are you on our roll call for this cruise?

Edited by Jane2357