Do the taxi cabs thin out later in the day at FLL?

kelbell

It is an airport. There are always cabs at an airport. Everyone flying into FLL is not going on a cruise.

BTW - FLL is only about 2 - 3 miles from the cruise ship terminal. Assuming that you are cruising out of the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal, I hardly think that hiring a car service for a 2 mile trip makes much sense. Now if you are cruising out of Miami, I would go w a transfer service.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Do you mean FLL AIRRPOt?

There are always taxis In line there. it is a very bu sy airport.. n o need to hire a car and driver. Bsggag claim can be very slow there in some teminals.

Edited by sail7seas

If there are several parties ahead of you in the taxi queue it may appear to be moving slowly. But rest assured it is always moving. Supply of taxis at FLL outstrips demand 24/7 which is why when the driver discovers your fare is only a quick ride to Port Everglades he will try to swindle you by claiming there is a per head charge or a charge for luggage. So you have to make sure the meter is running from the moment you enter the cab.

It is an airport. There are always cabs at an airport. Everyone flying into FLL is not going on a cruise.

BTW - FLL is only about 2 - 3 miles from the cruise ship terminal. Assuming that you are cruising out of the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal, I hardly think that hiring a car service for a 2 mile trip makes much sense. Now if you are cruising out of Miami, I would go w a transfer service.

DON

If only it were true that there are always cabs at airports. I will agree that there are always cabs at FLL, but I know of at least four airports within 200 miles of here where you will never see a cab, if you want one you have to call, and take your life in your hands with what appears.

If only it were true that there are always cabs at airports. I will agree that there are always cabs at FLL, but I know of at least four airports within 200 miles of here where you will never see a cab, if you want one you have to call, and take your life in your hands with what appears.

You refer to "Here" but do not tell us where 'here' is. :confused:

Where is 'here'?