Latitude Changes are Coming

FranknBeans

Was told on POA last week that changes are coming in the next month or two.

Cruise Next Consultant could not elaborate.

I sure hope they do away with the useless atlas book of which I sold in garage sale for $1 a pc.:cool:

We have some of those.

I spoke with the Hotel Director on our cruise last September and he told us that there were changes coming in the next few months. He also said we who have over 300 points should not worry, whatever that means.

we are both recently Platinum. i hope we dont get downgraded.

just in case, i already secured Black status on MSC thru their loyalty match. honestly, their caribbean cruises on the Divina look awesome, and you can get suites for much cheaper as well as alot of other perks.

We have some of those.

I spoke with the Hotel Director on our cruise last September and he told us that there were changes coming in the next few months. He also said we who have over 300 points should not worry, whatever that means.

I believe that the biggest change will be adding another ladder to the Latitude program (probably for those of us who have over 300 points, according to what your HD told you), and that the existing program for the bronce/silver/gold/platiunum status will not change much apart from that addition. But only time will tell...

Edited by TrumpyNor

just in case, i already secured Black status on MSC thru their loyalty match. honestly, their caribbean cruises on the Divina look awesome, and you can get suites for much cheaper as well as alot of other perks.

MSC Divina was the worst cruise I took in over 90. It is a beautiful ship but food and service are horrible. The ones who rave about it were mostly in the Yacht Club which is like NCL's Haven. Even with the perks it isn't worth it.

MSC Divina was the worst cruise I took in over 90. It is a beautiful ship but food and service are horrible. The ones who rave about it were mostly in the Yacht Club which is like NCL's Haven. Even with the perks it isn't worth it.

I think you need to give Divina another try. Most people don't stay in YC and the reviews for food and service have been fantastic. We recently got off a NYE cruise fully booked and had great service and food. This was our 4 th Divina cruise and except for all the kids on this Holiday cruise, everything was smooth.

Now back to the NCL forum...

I am hoping if they change the latitudes point levels that those of us who are already platinum will be grandfathered in and continue our platinum perks. That would seem fair.

Yes I agree, that would be fair. Possibly add another tier for really loyal customers. Who knows, its not a big deal to be platinum as there are so many now. Used to take us about 15 cruises.

I wonder if they are going to do away with the multiple point situation.

We did a 42 night cruise; Rome to Singapore; and paid 12 months in advance. Had it been our first cruise (it wasn't by a long chalk) that would have made us Platinum next time!!

It is far too easy to get to Platinum and that is why there are now so many at that level.

Put in another level with really good rewards for real NCL returning cruisers.

I'm all for additional "platinum" tiers with extra rewards. Sitting at more than 250 points.

But if it's something lame like another invitation to a cocktail party or being recognized onboard as the most travelled...I'll not be impressed.

Edited by logan25

I see this crap all the time and I'm annoyed by it.

What is a "real" NCL returning customer?

You don't think that a customer who gets to platinum in 4 cruises by booking 7-day suites 9 months out is a "real" customer that NCL would want rewarded in their loyalty program?

Why are some people perturbed about early booking suite guests achieving platinum so easily? Why is this loyalty any different then a cruiser who gets to platinum after 11 x 7 days in an inside? Are these cruisers more "real" than the fast-track suite guest? :rolleyes:

I see this crap all the time and I'm annoyed by it.

What is a "real" NCL returning customer? Someone who has shown real loyalty to the NCL brand by some form of repeated patronage of NCL; just like the people you have quoted.

You don't think that a customer who gets to platinum in 4 cruises by booking 7-day suites 9 months out is a "real" customer that NCL would want rewarded in their loyalty program? Yes I do!!

Why are some people perturbed about early booking suite guests achieving platinum so easily? Why is this loyalty any different then a cruiser who gets to platinum after 11 x 7 days in an inside? It isn't. Are these cruisers more "real" than the fast-track suite guest? :rolleyes:

My comment was addressed at those who by doing one long cruise and paying well in advance have advanced to Platinum. They have shown no loyalty to NCL unlike the people who you have quoted.

I wonder if they are going to do away with the multiple point situation.

We did a 42 night cruise; Rome to Singapore; and paid 12 months in advance. Had it been our first cruise (it wasn't by a long chalk) that would have made us Platinum next time!!

It is far too easy to get to Platinum and that is why there are now so many at that level.

Hey Mike!:)

How about free Platinum laundry perk for long cruises.Not just 1 bag.

Steve

And hence while we are sailing MSC this summer and not NCL.

We shall see. There is Nikki over on the MSC boards writing live review now in non YC room IIRC. Nothing negative from her that really seemed to show up.