New Captains Club Benefits

Andy

I'm confused about how the unlimited internet pricing works. I have Elite status with Captain's Club. When I log into the Celebrity website and look at the unlimited internet package for my upcoming cruise, does the price I see already include my Elite discount off the normal price of the package? Or should I expect to pay the price shown less my Elite discount and now less an additional 10%? Or do I need to notify someone at Celebrity either before or after I board the cruise in order to get my discount, even if I purchase the unlimited package in advance?

The pre-cruise price shown (at least so far) is with the 10% discount, but not with your Captain's Club status discount. Some have posted on other threads they had to call the Captain's Club to get help having the Captain's Club status discount applied for pre-cruise purchase.

Last cruise I didn't purchase until I was onboard because I was afraid I wouldn't get the appropriate discount otherwise, but maybe it's already figured in on the website. Like many others, I have little faith in the website! :)

see above in red

PRESIDENT'S CRUISE

I have been sent an e mail today inviting me to sail on the 1st Presidents cruise of the year.

On investigating, I notice there are plenty of cabins available ( I was looking at 1A, which we favour)

Also there is a special evening that all Captain's Club members are invited to:

EVENTS

ICE & FIRE EVENT

"Our President and CEO, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, invites you to join her for a special concert in Reykjavik on Sunday the 14th of May 2017. This complimentary event is exclusively for Captain's Club members, level Classic and above, sailing on our 2017 President's Cruise onboard Celebrity Eclipse."

Hi Everyone,

Just received the following email from Captains Club. Thought this would be of interest. I suspect that some may say it's no big deal - but I see it differently. I sincerely appreciate whenever new benefits are added, and would like to say thank you to Celebrity for thinking of their Captains Club members.

The following email is from Celebrity Captains Club Director of Loyalty, Lee M. Moreau :

Hope this is helpful !

Andy, I admire your spin, but this is nothing more than an attempt at revenue enhancement. Spend more and save a bit.

Not something that adds to the value from Captains' club for me.

Not sure if you've seen the prices for those separate portraits - but they're very high. And since the discount is not stated makes it questionable. Is it negligible? Or is it unknown until you get a quote, and also an offset, but then what's to say the quote is not bumped up? Who knows.

As for extra internet discount, fine if it suits you, but not something I go for.

We are booked on the October 9 cruise on the Reflection. I didn't know that it was a Reunion Cruise when I booked it about 2 weeks ago. I read the link above that generally described a Reunion Cruise - some extra events, etc. if you have been on a Reunion Cruise, what were the extra events?

Hi hurwitz-

We are with you on this cruise and Sidekick98 on our roll call (come on over and sign on!) posted this from a previous Reunion Cruise they'd sailed on:

Hi all we were on the reunion cruise last year, as well as getting extra activities to do on board (plus a few presents in your cabin) they take elite members on a special trip out ..... we went to see the three tenors in a beautiful theatre in Lorverno. You will also get to meet Lee Moreau who is the Celebrity Director of Loyalty. (well she has been on last couple we have been on). She arranged a firework display as we left one port that was spectacular they were set off from a barge at sea. (felt sorry for the locals as it was late at night but if they knew about it sure they would have loved to watch it). On the reunion cruise we did up to iceland she took us (Elite members) to the Blue Lagoon ... now that was a real treat. As we entered the lagoon they were maidens in the water with trays of blue cocktails ...... a little early in the morning to start drinking but the sun was over the "yard arm" as they say so had to indulge. So you are all in for treat and fun cruise with the extras. Be in touch soon.

They kept raising the prices on the Unlimited Internet to prices that are outragous. Higher than any of the other cruise lines. Twice as high or more than I will pay on upcoming cruises on Royal and Princess. One of the reasons I decided to take a break from Celebrity this year. Now they are giving an additional 10% discount if ordered online. The price on Celebrity with that new perk is still unreasonable. No thanks.

Off topic much?

Really? Per the quoted CC email:

"I also wanted to remind you that we have three special cruises this year, two President's Cruises and our Annual Reunion Cruise. These special cruises are our way of saying "thank you" for your loyalty. I hope you can join us for one, two, or all three of these incredible sailings. I always look forward to meeting with you and celebrating your loyalty with the exclusive activities we plan for you!

The sail dates are:

-- President's Cruise #1: Celebrity Eclipse - 05/07/17

Itinerary: Iceland and Ireland

-- President's Cruise #2: Celebrity EquinoxSM - 08/27/17

Itinerary: Eastern Caribbean

-- Reunion Cruise: Celebrity Reflection - 10/09/17

Itinerary: The Best of The Mediterranean"

Nobody was able to answer hurwitz' question, so that's why I posted what should be helpful info to anyone who is getting the "additional perks" of a Reunion Cruise.

They kept raising the prices on the Unlimited Internet to prices that are outragous. Higher than any of the other cruise lines. Twice as high or more than I will pay on upcoming cruises on Royal and Princess. One of the reasons I decided to take a break from Celebrity this year. Now they are giving an additional 10% discount if ordered online. The price on Celebrity with that new perk is still unreasonable. No thanks.

Whoops! Are you sure that Princess offers an unlimited internet package. If yes, how much less does it cost?

Whoops! Are you sure that Princess offers an unlimited internet package. If yes, how much less does it cost?

They don't but their internet price will cost me a lot less than the price to get internet on Celebrity. That's the point. I won't have to pay more than $90 or thereabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't but their internet price will cost me a lot less than the price to get internet on Celebrity. That's the point. I won't have to pay more than $90 or thereabouts.

$90 would give you no more than 2 hours in total.

Apples and Oranges. I paid $230 approx for 280? minutes on Princess and had to keep track of the time I was online and always log out. On Celebrity I won't have to do that.

Thanks for the heads up Andy :) We are cruising in April and I called this morning about the extra discount for internet. The call centre didn't know anything about it...they told me the price I was seeing ($352 Canadian) would be the same as booking on-board so no discount for booking in advance. I called Captains club and confirmed the price for booking in advance was $317 so I went ahead and booked. We book the unlimited internet regardless of price so we can keep in touch with family while away, so are very happy about this extra perk :)

$90 would give you no more than 2 hours in total.

Apples and Oranges. I paid $230 approx for 280? minutes on Princess and had to keep track of the time I was online and always log out. On Celebrity I won't have to do that.

Wrong. The prices for seven days on my Princess cruise are $69 for 120 minutes, $99 for 240 minutes. $159 for 460 minutes. I am looking at the cruise planner now. Those are the prices plus a 10 per cent discount if I purchase pre cruise. I have never ever used more than 200 minutes on a seven day cruise.

On Celebrity I have to get unlimited for $239 on a seven day cruise, or $49 a day. The exact same plan on Royal Caribbean, a seven day cruise, I will be paying $90 for unlimited minus whatever the Diamond discount is. On my last Celebrity cruise the same deal it came to about $180 with my Elite discount. Celebrity prices are contemptible.

808a64689619c75d680008fd42db6c2f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

And look at this screenshot from my Royal Caribbean cruise planner. $11.99 a day for Voom. That will be 83.93 for seven days and my Diamond discount is not applied. The Celebrity internet benefit is laughable.

46e27ef541b41cc1943666a7fafee9f9.jpg

Wrong. The prices for seven days on my Princess cruise are $69 for 120 minutes, $99 for 240 minutes. $159 for 460 minutes. I am looking at the cruise planner now. Those are the prices plus a 10 per cent discount if I purchase pre cruise. I have never ever used more than 200 minutes on a seven day cruise.

On Celebrity I have to get unlimited for $239 on a seven day cruise, or $49 a day. The exact same plan on Royal Caribbean, a seven day cruise, I will be paying $90 for unlimited minus whatever the Diamond discount is. On my last Celebrity cruise the same deal it came to about $180 with my Elite discount. Celebrity prices are contemptible.

How is what I said wrong? You are saying that 240 minutes is the same as unlimited. Nonsense.

The fact that you use only 200 minutes in a 7 day cruise is completely irrelevant to the discussion. I could easily use more than that but worried about going over on Princess. Now I don't have to worry.

PS, being in Australia what I see on the Princess site is different to you [emoji6].

Edited by Pushka

How is what I said wrong? You are saying that 240 minutes is the same as unlimited. Nonsense.

The fact that you use only 200 minutes in a 7 day cruise is completely irrelevant to the discussion. I could easily use more than that but worried about going over on Princess. Now I don't have to worry.

PS, being in Australia what I see on the Princess site is different to you [emoji6].

You said $90 would give no more than two hours. That was wrong.

I am certainly not saying that 240 minutes is the same as unlimited. I don't need Unlimited. So why do I have to buy unlimited now on Celebrity? At prices that are outrageous. And the Unlimited on Royal Caribbean costs half as much and in my experience Voom is better than Xcelerate. Unlimited is great but not when it is overpriced.

On your website it's wrong. Not on mine. I am in a different country. But anyway whether it's 90 minutes or 300 minutes it is irrelevant and is a complete red herring. You cannot compare the two. If you don't understand that then I give up.

On your website it's wrong. Not on mine. I am in a different country. But anyway whether it's 90 minutes or 300 minutes it is irrelevant and is a complete red herring. You cannot compare the two. If you don't understand that then I give up.

Showing that Celebrity's internet pricing is overpriced is relevant. I notice you won't touch the Royal Caribbean pricing which is half the price for Unlimited. If you think Celebrity's pricing is fair go ahead and pay it. I won't pay $240 for internet. And the so called new benefit is a scam. They have raised the price three or four times over the last year and a half.

Showing that Celebrity's internet pricing is overpriced is relevant. I notice you won't touch the Royal Caribbean pricing which is half the price for Unlimited. If you think Celebrity's pricing is fair go ahead and pay it. I won't pay $240 for internet. And the so called new benefit is a scam. They have raised the price three or four times over the last year and a half.

I no longer cruise on RCL so have no idea about it. No one is forcing you to do anything. Your call.

I no longer cruise on RCL so have no idea about it. No one is forcing you to do anything. Your call.

Of course. And there are other means and workarounds than paying $239 on Celebrity. The last three Celebrity sailings I shared the Unlimited package and split the cost. Worked out well. Also just signed up for a cell plan that has inexpensive international roaming that I can use in the ports.

Andy: (It's been a long time since I rock and rolled,)

Why would you ever consider bringing up an enhanced Cap'n Club benefit unless it includes a new car for me? I know you tried to include the fact that some would think it's no big deal, but as you know on Cruise Critic that's not enough. You need to disavow any knowledge of your actions, this tape will self-destruct after 10 seconds.

Hey kids rock and roll / Rock on.