>>Celebrity Edge<< - Exterior Views

eroller

The video did make the cabin look smaller; but the larger bed does make a big difference. Of course the cabin plus veranda is actually a bit smaller than on an S Class.

Eclipse Cabin 194 Balcony 54 Total 248

Edge Cabin 201 Balcony 42 Total 243

The bed is bigger, the bathroom is supposed to be either 10% or 20% larger, depending on what I have read; and there is supposed to be more storage space. I am certainly not seeing how there can be more or even the same amount of storage space; unless they have drawers under the bed. Since we put our suitcases under the bed, that could be an issue, unless they just have a drawer under one side of the larger bed.

There is still lots to find out, which help fill in he next 21 months till we cruise on her. I think it will be an awesome ship that will very popular.

Yes, still a lot to learn. Problem is that DH and I cannot learn from other passengers because we will be one of the first onboard. :D

Another thing that I see missing is the glass coffee table...which is a good thing, I think. I like the little stool table to the side. Of course, not having a coffee table also eliminates storage space. Where do you put the room service tray if you wish to dine in the living area?

If the veranda's are air-conditioned with the window up, I might be tempted to turn the chairs facing in and place the little table closer to the rail. That would make the area by the bed seem wider.

After all the concerns, I am still excited! :)

Yes, still a lot to learn. Problem is that DH and I cannot learn from other passengers because we will be one of the first onboard. :D

Another thing that I see missing is the glass coffee table...which is a good thing, I think. I like the little stool table to the side. Of course, not having a coffee table also eliminates storage space. Where do you put the room service tray if you wish to dine in the living area?

If the veranda's are air-conditioned with the window up, I might be tempted to turn the chairs facing in and place the little table closer to the rail. That would make the area by the bed seem wider.

After all the concerns, I am still excited! :)

I hadn't noticed that the coffee table was missing. It does take up a lot of room; but is also useful. Funny that you should mention turning the chairs to face in. That is how they show them on the floor plan below. That is just the opposite of the outward views they are pushing.

i-bKvhhxG.jpg

Do the two staterooms (Sky Suite and Edge Infinite), in the real life videos from that You Tube travel agent, look smaller than the Solstice class staterooms? The guy keeps saying that they are larger and I am thinking to myself that they are not. And they certainly do not look as large as the renderings! I have to say that I am disappointed. :(

First of all, I am not a fan of having that window in the bathroom of the SS unless it can be blocked off. Anyone in the main room can look straight in a see into the shower. If you are sharing with a significant other, I guess it's OK, though I don't like it. :o But what if you are sharing the stateroom with a friend or other relative?

Is it just me that's disappointed? :rolleyes:

I read somewhere (sorry, can't remember where) that the bathroom window over the bed in the Sky suites can be "closed". The mirror in the bathroom can be slid to the side when you want a view or back across the window when you want privacy.

I hadn't noticed that the coffee table was missing. It does take up a lot of room; but is also useful. Funny that you should mention turning the chairs to face in. That is how they show them on the floor plan below. That is just the opposite of the outward views they are pushing.

i-bKvhhxG.jpg

I had not noticed that. Although, I would place the chairs further back towards the railing and angled so I could still see out the glass, and into the room. Table would go against the railing. I'll have to use something for a footstool, though. Maybe I will start adding a blowup foot thingy, that I used to take on flights, to my numerous other non-clothes things I take on a cruise. :rolleyes: I guess I will not need the collapsible cubes, that I take for a Solstice class cruises, for the overhead bins. :( I use one on the desk/dressing table, as well. With the new outlet box taking up some of the desk top room, it's going to be crowded up there. Oh dear, I guess we will learn how to adapt.

I read somewhere (sorry, can't remember where) that the bathroom window over the bed in the Sky suites can be "closed". The mirror in the bathroom can be slid to the side when you want a view or back across the window when you want privacy.

That would be great!

Isn't funny how we are all reading something, somewhere. LOL Too many threads on the same topic. At least now the moderators are placing the threads in an EDGE sub file. I thought I was going crazy this morning when I could not find any post about the Edge on the main page. :D

The window in the bathroom on the M-class Celebrity Suite has an internal venetian blind. I thought that the video of the Edge Sky Suite looked like the mirror sections on the side might slide in [and probably reveal fixed mirror segments behind them] -- that would be an even better solution than the M-class, since the view is unblocked when you want it.

In that video, when you go out on the balcony there is a large vertical beam to the left -- so I think this is on the for-most S3 suites.

That vertical beam is in the inside part of the balcony. As such I am not sure if it has any physical link to the Magic Carpet. If that beam is truly going to be in that balcony area and for the S3, then maybe it could be for extra support due the weight of the MC going up and down. Just a guess.

It's hard to say if that beam will truly be on the balcony, or if it was a beam to support the tent that the Innovation Center was housed under at Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Headquarters. This is where the mock-up cabins were displayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Edge sky suite must have been an S3, at least that is my opinion. I would really like to see an S1 corner aft to see how it compares to the S class. I know that the balcony is huge, so it would be interesting to note the furniture placement. The S3 seemed very small and not what I expected, but if the S1 isn't a lot nicer with the huge balcony, I may be disappointed. I am also on the inaugural cruise.

Well, now I've confused myself :confused: Upon further review, the video seems to show a large vertical outside beam on both sides of the balcony -- which should not be the case with either the first or the fourth S3. There is also a narrow white vertical beam just off center within the balcony -- that would match the side view of the ship that has been posted as probably the second S3 [e.g. 12158]. So maybe the big beams in the video are just part of the Innovation Center -- or are they showing a "worst case" scenario by including both outside beams and the inside beam?

Well, now I've confused myself :confused: Upon further review, the video seems to show a large vertical outside beam on both sides of the balcony -- which should not be the case with either the first or the fourth S3. There is also a narrow white vertical beam just off center within the balcony -- that would match the side view of the ship that has been posted as probably the second S3 [e.g. 12158]. So maybe the big beams in the video are just part of the Innovation Center -- or are they showing a "worst case" scenario by including both outside beams and the inside beam?

It is kind of confusing indeed. I am not sure which of the video you are referring to that shows vertical beam on both sides. The YouTube one "Celebrity Suite Sky Suite Tour" posted by that travel agent also reveals something else upon another close look. Stepping out into the balcony notice the left side has the balcony divider panels (watch him zoom into the side). However, the right side looks more like a solid steel wall. So if this is suppose to be a "true" representation of an SS cabin, then maybe it would be one like S3, 12162 or any on that right side. Just another thought since we are all guessing here.

It's also possible that all the SS that are in the ship middle (Port & Starboard) but excluding the big balcony aft ones have this bed facing balcony configuration. I actually like it.

Help me out here. We booked a Sky Suite S2 (10206) as a REAL splurge for our 35 th anniversary. I was just reading here about them NOT opening up. Where are you seeing this?? I just mentioned this to my husband who gave me the deer in headlights look. [emoji53]

Help me out here. We booked a Sky Suite S2 (10206) as a REAL splurge for our 35 th anniversary. I was just reading here about them NOT opening up. Where are you seeing this?? I just mentioned this to my husband who gave me the deer in headlights look. [emoji53]

Look on the deck plans or the video that was recently posted of it. There is a sliding door. I guess they determined that the Suites were large enough and didn't need the infinite style.

The Sky suites have sliding doors.

But you will enjoy the perks that come with the suite class for your 35th Anniversary. BTW, congratulations. :)

I doubt that the beams seen in the model staterooms have anything to do with what the balcony will look like in real life.

The Edge sky suite must have been an S3, at least that is my opinion. I would really like to see an S1 corner aft to see how it compares to the S class. I know that the balcony is huge, so it would be interesting to note the furniture placement. The S3 seemed very small and not what I expected, but if the S1 isn't a lot nicer with the huge balcony, I may be disappointed. I am also on the inaugural cruise.

The S3 are shaped a lot like the Millennium Class SS's. To me they look smaller than a Solstice class. They are lacking those two long storage cabinets. And it's obvious there are not fridge's. No big deal to me, but they will probably be available if needed.

If the mirrors slide out to cover the window, they would have to be partially inset into the wall because the two mirror halves that are showing would not be wide enough to cover the entire window.

eroller

Yesterday 06:18 PM

You might just press a button and the glass turns opaque, just like on the Reflection Suite.

I've never been in a Reflection Suite, but I bet you are correct. ;)

If the mirrors slide out to cover the window, they would have to be partially inset into the wall because the two mirror halves that are showing would not be wide enough to cover the entire window.

I've never been in a Reflection Suite, but I bet you are correct. ;)

In the YouTube video of the Sky suite, you can see that the halves of the mirror are set into a track in front of the window.

If the two parts do not slide together, it would make using the sink rather awkward with just the small strips on either side. ;)

I was told that the opaque window technology used in the Reflection and Signature suites would probably be used in certain staterooms on the Edge but Celebrity hasn't decided yet which ones will have it. It will be controlled by an iPad.

Here's a photo of a model of the Flying Carpet in white. Obviously and early renderings, and I'm guessing the exposed cables are simply so the model can move up and down, and not a realistic depiction of the machinery for the real ship. It does look much, much better than in the industrial-site orange shown at the ship's reveal.

magic-carpet-modell.jpg

Much better! I like the white.

In the YouTube video of the Sky suite, you can see that the halves of the mirror are set into a track in front of the window.

If the two parts do not slide together, it would make using the sink rather awkward with just the small strips on either side. ;)

I was told that the opaque window technology used in the Reflection and Signature suites would probably be used in certain staterooms on the Edge but Celebrity hasn't decided yet which ones will have it. It will be controlled by an iPad.

(y)

Here's a photo of a model of the Flying Carpet in white. Obviously and early renderings, and I'm guessing the exposed cables are simply so the model can move up and down, and not a realistic depiction of the machinery for the real ship. It does look much, much better than in the industrial-site orange shown at the ship's reveal.

magic-carpet-modell.jpg

Having now seen how far the white sides of the casing protrude from the side of the ship, I can't imagine there will be any view to the front of the ship from any aft cabin past the MC. It does look better in white though.

On the Q&A, it stated that it would be moving up and down several times a day. I should imagine that those suites on deck 12 directly under the MC would be dark inside. It also appears that deck 12 is slightly further forward (protrudes) than deck 11 cabins; again, I wonder if this will make the cabins closest to the MC track darker?

So far, nothing Edge'y enough to cause me to make an early booking, or jump ship from the Solstice class.

Neither a giant side mounted elevator nor an infinite balcony view will change that. It seems the hierarchy at RCCL would like to transition Celebrity ships the way they did the ships of Royal Caribbean!

I love what they've shown so far. I'm booked in a infinity balcony. Priced against the Equinox for a similiar cruise and date, there was about a $200.00 difference. I can live with that, given it's a new ship.

I did the same and came up with the same figure. That was the push to get me to book. :)

Do the two staterooms (Sky Suite and Edge Infinite), in the real life videos from that You Tube travel agent, look smaller than the Solstice class staterooms? The guy keeps saying that they are larger and I am thinking to myself that they are not. And they certainly do not look as large as the renderings! I have to say that I am disappointed. :(

First of all, I am not a fan of having that window in the bathroom of the SS unless it can be blocked off. Anyone in the main room can look straight in a see into the shower. If you are sharing with a significant other, I guess it's OK, though I don't like it. :o But what if you are sharing the stateroom with a friend or other relative?

Now, I don't have to worry about that window because we have booked an AQ. While the bathroom looks alright in the AQ, I still prefer the layout of the Solstice class baths. And I loved the shelves with the glass doors. At least these Edge class have two sets of shelves. Just wish they were covered.

So, the biggest obstacle that I see in both stateroom classes, for me, is the lack of a dressing table in the stateroom. It may not bother many of you, but I like to sit when putting on make-up and fixing my hair. I cannot do that in the bathroom, especially when my DH is in there shaving or taking a shower and getting everything steamy.:( There is a side chair showing in the Edge stateroom, and it does appear to be in front of a full length lighted mirror, but that's all so crowded and in the way of walking through from the living area to the balcony. And where are my make-up, electric curlers, etc. going to be stored? I am really surprised that a woman designed these staterooms.

The closets do not appear to be any larger than before and the TA seemed to skip over them. The little seashell niche could be put to better use by having some corner shelves there. With the omitting of the overhead bed bins, and unless there is storage built into the sofa, there appears to be a considerable lack of storage in these staterooms.

Finally, the balcony is so tiny, that we will have a hard time getting to it with the bed by the balcony. Going to be fighting those chairs and the French door on the bed side.

Is it just me that's disappointed? :rolleyes:

I think I lost my post...seems easy to do with new CC format

Anyhow, we agree. By the time we realized we had booked AQ with bed by balc, there was nothing decent to switch to on either side of the ship..and we will never book on the side with the ugly exterior elevator.

Bed by balc seems it may be awkward with the folding doors but we are glad we booked something.

We will likely use the balc as a dining area... Reminds me of the screened and covered lanai at our vacation Condo...rather than a true balcony..

Edited by hcat