What would you do?

Irie

I would have knocked on their door and said, "hey, guys, just giving you a heads up that some people still think pot is hardcore drugs and will rat you out in two seconds. You might want to think about an alternate place to smoke if you're still going to partake since it can be smelled in other balconies and staterooms. Have a good cruise, man!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know who else thinks drugs are bad? Customs. You know what's fun? Being held from starting embark because law enforcement are on board removing someone who were smoking weed on board. Also, having your luggage torn apart because someone's reeking luggage was piled on top.

I would have just given them their space. It doesn't bother me. I feel we have bigger issues in this world than marijuana. Its becoming more decriminalized nationwide d/t the heavier drugs taking precedence. In fact, MANY of the islands and ports we all visit during a cruise grows, sells and distributes.

What concerns me more are the prostitutes and their **** that were on the Breakaway out of NYC cruising with us in February. Take a moment to let that set in... :o

And many ports, may indeed sell but since you are not local, you will find local laws do not apply to you. Local police will happily take a cash deposit as a "fine" after the dealer points you out.

I would have just given them their space. It doesn't bother me. I feel we have bigger issues in this world than marijuana. Its becoming more decriminalized nationwide d/t the heavier drugs taking precedence. In fact, MANY of the islands and ports we all visit during a cruise grows, sells and distributes.

What concerns me more are the prostitutes and their **** that were on the Breakaway out of NYC cruising with us in February. Take a moment to let that set in... :o

That's funny, although I am really struggling to figure out what four letter word you hid. There was an 80's pirate movie, Yellowbeard, that had a woman with a moustache drawn on her face and they called her Capt Prostitute.

I guess my reaction to smoking on the balcony depends on whether someone is having a casual smoke (tobacco or weed) or if it's like a scene from Up In Smoke.

If it's ridiculous, I'd take appropriate actions. Other than that, enjoy your cruise, neighbor.

No right thinking person wants to be around people who fail to conform to the norms of society.

Not sure if I count as a "right thinking person", but I could care less if those around me conform to the norms of society, as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

While you go on patting yourself on the back with your apathy regarding the rules, rest assure that there are plenty of people on board a cruise ship that give a hoot about ensuring one of the most important safety rules is adhered to.

My wife and I would have no issues reporting smoking on a balcony for this simple fact and too bad if upsets Suzie Snowflake next door.

There may be bigger issues in the world, but on a cruise ship one of the biggest issues is an on board fire.

Especially if the knuckleheads next door, in a moment of panic because someone knocks on their cabin door while toking up, throws their doobie overboard to avoid being busted and it blows into an adjacent balcony. :eek:

I am most definitely not paying thousands to go on a cruise (with kids) and putting up with the unpleasant stench of cigarette or MJ smoke. And I am most definitely not going to deal with it myself either. I've paid said thousands so I don't have to deal with the kind of inconsiderate idiot that would knowingly break rules and allow their smoke to invade my cabin or balcony. Straight call to GS.

I have neither time nor sympathy for smokers who break the rules and foul the air I breathe.

I guess my reaction to smoking on the balcony depends on whether someone is having a casual smoke (tobacco or weed) or if it's like a scene from Up In Smoke.

If it's ridiculous, I'd take appropriate actions. Other than that, enjoy your cruise, neighbor.

I guess my reaction is that it is against the rules and it would be reported. If you want me to enjoy my cruise neighbor, then follow the rules.

For many years, smoking on balconies was fine. I think most of us know that the reason CCL changed that is because of complaints received from non-smokers - though they may have used the "smoking on the balcony is dangerous" reason. After all, if there was such a concern about fire, why would there be smoking areas outside.

So, if you don't like smelling smoke or hate us nasty smokers, just say so. Trying to sell it as a safety issue is ridiculous. And before you show the pictures of the burnt ship supposedly "maybe" caused by a cigarette being thrown off a balcony - I've already seen it.

Liffridge-43%282%29.jpg

Not sure if I count as a "right thinking person", but I could care less if those around me conform to the norms of society, as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

Admirable, but it presumes that one knows all the ramifications of a situation the instant it is encountered. Contrary to popular opinion, rules are not usually made just to inconvenience people. The fact that one is not aware of the reasons a rule is set down, does not mean that those reasons are do not exist.

:)

Just off the Dream.

I had a balcony and the people next door were smoking

Marijuana all week. Not my thing. Got really irritating.

Debated notifying security..but never did.

Did not ruin my week..just irritating.

What would you have done?

Where you on deck 7? We smelled it in the hallway.

I would have said something. I have allergies also, and just like those people think they are entitled to smoke illegal substances, I am entitled to clean fresh air. I would be PISSED if I paid for a balcony and felt like I couldn't go outside for fear of an asthma attack. Doesn't matter what people's opinions are about marijuana, or the fact that people are more "perfect" than others......they chose to bring illegal substances on board and they are being disruptive in their usage of it. My health or my children's shouldn't suffer because someone else is being selfish.

I completely agree. I had to quit smoking because it turned out I was allergic ('doh), and now I can't tolerate smoke of any kind. No matter what you're smoking, I shouldn't have to inhale your smoke!

The good news there will be less of this with the advent of vape pens for marijuana. Virtually odorless, discreet and smoke free. And they don't leave a huge cloud of vapor like some of the tabaco-based vapes. I heard about this from a friend. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't say anything, because I actually love the smell of marijuana. As long as they were cool about it and weren't careless I would have no problem with it. I understand some have an issue with the smell of smoke, but this is just me and I would rather have a neighbor high on weed then a loud drunk. IMO