Room Service charges on Princess?

trrn2016

My pleasure. Don't forget to tip the delivery person. A few bucks, depending on the size of the order.

This is an exception because room service is included in the daily auto gratuity and you needn't feel badly not double tipping, most people don't.

The last time I ordered room service, which I only tend to do once or twice per cruise, the delivery steward dropped off the tray and left so quickly, I didn't have time to give him a tip, and I even had it ready!

I love the quality of food from room service. Their salads and sandwiches are always fresh. If it's a nice days we'll eat lunch on the balcony.

For breakfast just write what you want like scrambles eggs, bacon, type bread/roll, drinks etc. They've always brought it.

Try their lasagna...

framer

From a couple of the posts here it sounds like you tip in cash...? I had assumed there was some sort of way to tip cashless for room service.

I've always been asked to sign for room service. There is a place to write in a tip. Since your auto gratuities cover these members of the crew I do not tip.

We usually tip $1 for breakfast room service (there is a menu you hang on your door the night before and yes you can request things not on the menu) and $1-2 for regular room service (there is a menu in your state room)

We usually order and split the club sandwich coming back from a long day off the ship, we do a late dinner at the 8:15pm seating so a mid afternoon snack in the room is wonderful!

But yes, no charge except for pizza, tipping is totally up to you, you will get 100 opinions on who to tip and how and when from these boards but just do what you normally would for a can driver, waiter or bellhop.

My pleasure. Don't forget to tip the delivery person. A few bucks, depending on the size of the order.

Amazing how you feel the need to tell the O.P about what to do with their money, the question was not about tipping, it was about room service.:)

just got off the Royal Princess. Because caught the "flu" from a generous fellow passenger room service was my only option for eating.

There is no charge except for pizza orders BUT, there isn't much of a choice either. Yes you can get a nice breakfast. Lunch is not a huge selection and neither is dinner for that matter. My husband ended up bringing down from the Horizon Court my meals.

Just for your info

just got off the Royal Princess. Because caught the "flu" from a generous fellow passenger room service was my only option for eating.

There is no charge except for pizza orders BUT, there isn't much of a choice either. Yes you can get a nice breakfast. Lunch is not a huge selection and neither is dinner for that matter. My husband ended up bringing down from the Horizon Court my meals.

Just for your info

Sorry to hear about your flu. Certainly not a great way to spend a vacation.

However, I've often wondered if there isn't a connection between the somewhat limited Room Service menu on Princess and the fact that there's still no extra charge (other than pizza). I would assume it keeps costs down.

Sorry to hear about your flu. Certainly not a great way to spend a vacation.

However, I've often wondered if there isn't a connection between the somewhat limited Room Service menu on Princess and the fact that there's still no extra charge (other than pizza). I would assume it keeps costs down.

I think your observations are right on, lots of chatter, mostly angry, on the Royal Caribbean Boards as they are rolling out a new expanded room service menu. But for all menu items except continental breakfast there will now be a $7.95 "convenience fee" charged for the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal