Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

I think the S2s have the beds facing the ocean for sure. I believe you may be able to tell which side the door is on in relation to where the bed sits on the deck plans. I have cabin 10203 on my cruise and I believe the bed will be on the right as you walk into the room in this cabin because of the bump out being on the right side, for the bed, and the smaller indent is where the walkway into the room is. Hard to explain but hopefully that makes sense. I could be completely wrong, but as much as I just wanted a bed that faced the ocean, I find even which side it is on will make a difference to me because of which side the storage/tv is in the cabin, as well as which side of the bed is next to the wall. Husband and I sleep on the same side each night and I think I like the side next to the wall 😂 

Unfortunately it appears our room will have the infamous pole on the balcony, but when I booked no one knew of any poles in any location, and compared to what some are paying to sail in this suite I think we got a steal so I can't complain too much.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Thanks for sharing this screen shot. I think this is a S3 and not an aft S1. The S3s have two glass panels together including the slider, and then a glass panel by itself. In this picture you can see that panel to the left by the sofa.  The S1 aft, S1s and S2s have all three glass panels together. See photo of aft S1s below.

image.png

The  blogger just confirmed on YouTub it’s a S3 on deck 11. One of the center cabins. She believed it was 11168. She noted she wil gave more videos of the suites up in the next two days. 

2 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Thanks for sharing this screen shot. I think this is a S3 and not an aft S1. The S3s have two glass panels together including the slider, and then a glass panel by itself. In this picture you can see that panel to the left by the sofa.  The S1 aft, S1s and S2s have all three glass panels together. See photo of aft S1s below.

image.png

Thanks so much, I didn’t think it was an aft S1, but couldn’t find the picture you posted to prove it. 😊

1 hour ago, luckylissette said:

That’s my video.  It’s an S3 Sky Suite, mid-ship. I don’t remember exact room, but looking at the deck plan I think it was 11168. 

Thank you for the video and clarification!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, luckylissette said:

That’s my video.  It’s an S3 Sky Suite, mid-ship. I don’t remember exact room, but looking at the deck plan I think it was 11168. 

3 hours ago, Mcampo said:

The  blogger just confirmed on YouTub it’s a S3 on deck 11. One of the center cabins. She believed it was 11168. She noted she wil gave more videos of the suites up in the next two days. 

Luckylissette - Thanks for confirming what I thought it was, a S3. Also thanks for sharing your video and experience on Edge with us here on CC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Thanks so much, I didn’t think it was an aft S1, but couldn’t find the picture you posted to prove it. 😊

You are very welcome. Here is a direct shot of the S3s (two glass panels together and a third by itself). Then the S1, and S2s with all three panes together. This is how one can tell the difference. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

19 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Luckylissette - Thanks for confirming what I thought it was, a S3. Also thanks for sharing your video and experience on Edge with us here on CC.

It's not a problem!  That's my perk for being married to a Royal employee that works on new builds and leaves me alone with our kids for months at a time; I get to be one of the first on the new ships.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

so it is between the rails that raise & lower the Magic Carpet?

This particular stateroom is, but I really didn't see it as an issue because the Magic Carpet only moves about 2-3 times per day.

Also, because it's between the Magic Carpet rails, it allows for more space for a longer room and more balcony space, but everyone has their own preferences. 🙂

Edited by luckylissette

47 minutes ago, luckylissette said:

It's not a problem!  That's my perk for being married to a Royal employee that works on new builds and leaves me alone with our kids for months at a time; I get to be one of the first on the new ships.  😂

Good for you and very well deserved. From your video looks like you had a great time and didn't want to get off the ship. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Good for you and very well deserved. From your video looks like you had a great time and didn't want to get off the ship. :classic_smile:

I didn't. It was such a nice ship and was perfect as an escape for my husband and me. I don't think I would do this ship with my kids because they're young and would probably get easily bored (that's what Royal's for), but as an adult getaway cruise, it's perfect!

Just got back from that suite. The guy in there told me it was an S 2 but that the MC has just gone past so I figured it was an S3. A really nice suite. Large balcony.  

I complained about the lack of footstools and bigger tables on the balcony that I was used to in sky suites. The guy showing the room said that he thought it wasn’t the final furniture. He took my card and will call me back about the whole reason why some beds face ocean and others don’t and about the furniture. 

Loved the suite - much better than the renditions!

6D88DF64-EB05-41E5-B735-E2D41CB71E48.thumb.jpeg.5c8412d980cc21b4b51d555e405317d5.jpeg

831861DE-9480-463C-983D-EE80C27B8308.thumb.jpeg.e350388e88ae361d2a68a7a6fbfcaf9a.jpegAD760EDB-5FD9-4D25-B51F-39B4FE8A4919.thumb.jpeg.8ba31d93a69c705ea034ea6fdb242f37.jpeg

669BEB10-ED8A-4BBA-9B32-027B2400E84C.jpeg

D33FCB0B-748C-4510-9397-159972CBC234.jpeg

50F45879-8E59-4AC0-98FE-75EDEBBD60AA.jpeg

340B89D8-8998-4743-959D-AA061030E0BD.jpeg

FB270F3A-F328-4F5B-B591-1FFB4ACBA9CF.jpeg

291E4373-B04F-4988-AC5D-42D138DF33EA.jpeg

3F849E8A-99D9-4D29-A09C-000425E8086C.jpeg

9487D004-DC62-40E6-8555-B3BBA66E0DDC.jpeg

026200DE-7BCF-4AEB-BA50-8640177D0A74.jpeg

• Like 1

Something I loved was that the footstool has a removable top so it acts as storage. I used it for dirty clothes since I never know what to do with them. 😂

also, the desk can slide into the dresser, so when you don’t need it you can slide it in and have a full sized mirror. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, luckylissette said:

Something I loved was that the footstool has a removable top so it acts as storage. I used it for dirty clothes since I never know what to do with them. 😂

also, the desk can slide into the dresser, so when you don’t need it you can slide it in and have a full sized mirror. 

Ah, so that round thing was a footstool not a little table. Well, there's a solution (for one person in the room at least) for a footstool for the balcony. Again, I'm still disappointed in the lack of even a small coffee table in the room. Ordering room service for us seems unlikely for our first Edge cruise.

1 minute ago, alishac said:

I love that the bathroom has a little makeup table with a seat. I haven't seen that before in other photos of the Sky Suite bathrooms.

They all have it. This was an S3 so the make up table is positioned across from the sink. In the S1s and S2s it looks like it is positioned at the end of the sink area, at least from what I have seen in photos on Instagram.

13 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Ah, so that round thing was a footstool not a little table. Well, there's a solution (for one person in the room at least) for a footstool for the balcony. Again, I'm still disappointed in the lack of even a small coffee table in the room. Ordering room service for us seems unlikely for our first Edge cruise.

As long as the two people are friendly, 4 feet could fit on there, especially if each person crosses their ankles 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, msteries said:

Dying to see an S2 with window (?) from the bathroom.  Thanks so much for all your posts!!  Hope you get time outs for food, drinks, and putting your feetup.

If you go to 19:20 of this video, you will find the view from the bathroom window out:

• Like 1