Absolutely appalling behavior from a Diamond member

It was honestly hard to understand her with all the screaming, but it was a litany of things from luggage to robes to something about Chops? I dunno but me and probably about 4 other people told her to take a hike.

Also, LOL at the United comment.

Some good probably did come out of this. The guests who observed that behavior probably spent the rest of the cruise being extra nice to the staff.

It was honestly hard to understand her with all the screaming, but it was a litany of things from luggage to robes to something about Chops? I dunno but me and probably about 4 other people told her to take a hike.

Also, LOL at the United comment.

Oddly, most of that could have been resolved by the Diamond concierge, if they were truly diamond...

Not defending. A stupid jerk, not just a jerk!

Kuddos to OP and other guests for standing up for the staff member. That kind of behavior is never right, whatever happens. If you are nice to people, most of the time they'll be nice to you. Some day that kind of behavior will catch up with that lady, I am sure of it [emoji846]

Cindy

People who act like that should get their status revoked. Disgusting behavior. Awesome that you stood up for the customer service rep.

Totally don't get the status thing. Some people take a mixture of vacations and don't spend their lives on cruise ships (though I wouldn't be opposed to it :) ) and therefore don't have the same number of points. We still paid for our cruise with our hard earned money, just like you did. Who cares how many cruises you've been on. Really, find a better purpose like working on becoming a human being.

Edited by Mellowjourney

She must have been cruising on Carnival.

Not fair to Carnival.

Plently of ill-mannered entitled jerks everywhere..,

Just a classic distraction strategy by FOXTROT. You see it in politcs all the time.

Hey FOXTROT, were you at the customer service desk on the Allure last week? Hmmmmm?:confused:

Oddly, most of that could have been resolved by the Diamond concierge, if they were truly diamond...

Not defending. A stupid jerk, not just a jerk!

But in reality, these people don't want the issues resolving, they want to be seen screaming and shouting and in their minds, looking important.

If they had been on P&O, they would have been removed at the next port.

First, I don't see anything wrong with someone acknowledging their C&A status, in passing, but not for things like this. I am (finally) a diamond and do enjoy some of the misc perks that come with it (lounge, balcony discounts, etc..). With that said, I do NOT feel I am entitled to any preferential treatment or am better than any other passenger on the ship. ALL the crew work hard and need to be respected. They are who make our wonderful vacations possible .

Obviously the individual that the OP is referring to seemed to forget all those lessons we needed to know about life that we learned in kindergarten. Either way, kudos to the OP and the other passengers for (hopefully) setting the rude guest straight.

Erika

Hm, this is an interesting observation and indeed shows a new anger quality onboard Royal. I was educated by smarter people here on CC that this behavior typically is to be found only with Pinnacles. Now we see this unacceptable behavior spread to the commons.

Jerks are jerks. Status is just an extra tool in their tool belt to pull out when they don't get their way. Doesn't matter if they're Gold or Pinnacle or anything in between.

Hm, this is an interesting observation and indeed shows a new anger quality onboard Royal. I was educated by smarter people here on CC that this behavior typically is to be found only with Pinnacles. Now we see this unacceptable behavior spread to the commons.

You started well, noting that there are people out there who think it's ok to be angry and make sure everyone else around knows it- so they can get their way.

Then you ruined it by the idea that it's only Pinnacles that act like this.

The action by this person has nothing to do with their status- they are using it as a weapon. Jerks are jerks no matter if it's their first cruise or 300th.

It makes me cringe when I see people label people with cruising status as bad people- we've been on plenty of cruises, met a lot of Pinnacles, and still haven't seen one that is a massive jerk like the OP saw.

The reality of the world is that people in the OP's story are (thankfully) few and far between. But it was good that others stood up to them. It's far from actually common. The problems is when it happens, everyone sees it, and then makes huge assumptions of a group of people. When, in fact, it's just one.

If you want to choose to get offended by people who like to have a Pinnacle name tag or a Diamond member who likes to wear their pin- fine, go for it. But you judgement may mean you miss out meeting some very cool people. And all you are really doing is finding ways to make YOU upset on a cruise. Even if it's minor and/or a joke- it's still in your mind.

It happens on all cruise lines (I wonder if some more than others...)

I was on NCL and was waiting in line for a tender (long line), then I saw a couple yelling at the staff on another line telling them they were "Haven" and didn't want to wait in line (point to the long line) and said they wanted priority boarding another tender.

Crazy -- by the way, we were Haven as well but found it reasonable to wait in line, since we were going to the same ship no matter what.

Pity no one videoed her screaming tantrum and posted it on YouTube. People like her deserves some epic public shaming.

Unfortunately, these types of people don't usually feel shame. :rolleyes:

It makes me cringe when I see people label people with cruising status as bad people- we've been on plenty of cruises, met a lot of Pinnacles, and still haven't seen one that is a massive jerk like the OP saw.

If you want to choose to get offended by people who like to have a Pinnacle name tag or a Diamond member who likes to wear their pin- fine, go for it. But you judgement may mean you miss out meeting some very cool people. And all you are really doing is finding ways to make YOU upset on a cruise. Even if it's minor and/or a joke- it's still in your mind.

This may be true, but in my own past experience, the only reason I would KNOW their status in the first place is because they FOUND a reason to point that fact out. And usually it has nothing at all to do with the conversation I'm having with them. I find that to be an immediate turn off from wanting to get to know that person further. I find many people lately looking for ways to tell me their status - and believe me, I NEVER ask, I don't care.

As for the pins, I don't mind someone wearing their pin on their shirt, or lapel - but I got a big kick out of the woman on my last cruise wearing her pin on her bathing suit!