Please help!! Lost ring

My family and I recently cruise on Harmony of the Seas from 4/15/2017- 4/22/2017. A very special ring was left in the room/safe of cabin 10324. This was my grandmothers ring given to me by my grandfather after she passed, with strict instructions not to let anything happen to it. As you can imagine I am completely devastated. The ring does hold quite a bit of monetary value, but the sentimental value of this is priceless. I have called the cruise line several times and emailed, only to be told they are still "working on it". Anyone have any suggestions, or experienced this before? I am fearful it's gone forever. :(

Give them time....it's possible someone found it, held it, and turned it in later. Hubby lost his phone the 1st day of the cruise...didn't show up until the last night in lost and found.

I'm sorry for what you're going thru.

My family and I recently cruise on Harmony of the Seas from 4/15/2017- 4/22/2017. A very special ring was left in the room/safe of cabin 10324. This was my grandmothers ring given to me by my grandfather after she passed, with strict instructions not to let anything happen to it. As you can imagine I am completely devastated. The ring does hold quite a bit of monetary value, but the sentimental value of this is priceless. I have called the cruise line several times and emailed, only to be told they are still "working on it". Anyone have any suggestions, or experienced this before? I am fearful it's gone forever. :(

Did you put the ring in the safe loose or was it in something? If you just put it in loose, it could still be in the safe as there is a lip that things can get tucked into. Things have also been know to get under the mat in the safe.

Contact lost and found and ask to have an officer go check the safe itself. It could still be in there if it hasn't been turned in.

I use a small silk pouch that I received from a jewelry store. This way all my stuff is together. I also use a brightly colored wallet ever since my black wallet was "lost" in the safe. I had asked my DH to get it out of the safe and he couldn't find it. After a few minutes of panic and dumping out my purse and carryon to see if I had the wallet, I found it in the safe, up against the wall, tucked into the lip that goes around the edge.

Good luck, I hope it is found soon.

Keep going back on the posts, I recall somebody finding a ring and said it appears to be an heirloom the person wrote on here trying to find the owner.....I don't recall the ship but do believe it was one of the Oasis class also, it could of been an old post but unsure.

Did you put the ring in the safe loose or was it in something? If you just put it in loose, it could still be in the safe as there is a lip that things can get tucked into. Things have also been know to get under the mat in the safe.

Contact lost and found and ask to have an officer go check the safe itself. It could still be in there if it hasn't been turned in.

I use a small silk pouch that I received from a jewelry store. This way all my stuff is together. I also use a brightly colored wallet ever since my black wallet was "lost" in the safe. I had asked my DH to get it out of the safe and he couldn't find it. After a few minutes of panic and dumping out my purse and carryon to see if I had the wallet, I found it in the safe, up against the wall, tucked into the lip that goes around the edge.

Good luck, I hope it is found soon.

I am not sure about their lost and found process, but I did ask if they would have someone go to the room and they said they couldn't answer that. I also asked if they could please contact my room steward and was told that is not what they do. I am going to attempt to call lost and found for the 4th time. Thanks for your reply

Keep going back on the posts, I recall somebody finding a ring and said it appears to be an heirloom the person wrote on here trying to find the owner.....I don't recall the ship but do believe it was one of the Oasis class also, it could of been an old post but unsure.

Do you know how to find post? What is the name of the post? Thanks for the info.

Perhaps you can post on the roll call of the current cruise? Maybe someone is online and would be willing to knock on the door of your prior cabin and ask the occupants to search the safe?

So sorry about this happening to you. I have a huge fear of losing jewelry and never take anything of high monetary value, especially sentimental value for this reason. I'm so paranoid that I leave my wedding rings at home and wear a fake "stand in" while traveling.

All of the above sentiments are exactly what I would suggest to. I do hope that the ring finds its way back to you. Keep us posted.

Perhaps you can post on the roll call of the current cruise? Maybe someone is online and would be willing to knock on the door of your prior cabin and ask the occupants to search the safe?

Great suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OR call the ship and ask to be transferred to your room number, if there is no answer you can always leave a voice mail and hope they get back to you

This might be your best bet -- especially if there is someone on there with a screen name you recognize or if anyone is posting live from that sailing. An item was recovered from a cabin on NCL a couple of weeks ago by doing this (a child's stuffed animal, not quite as monetarily valuable but high on the sentimental value).

The mother was kind enough to post the reunion pictures. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2486039

• 1 year later...
I lost a gold ring with stones on Celebrity Solstice in 2010. They never found it. Two women found it while on the disembarkation line but never turned it in.

We cruised the Caribbean in July of 2010 on Celebrity Soldtice. I lost an expensive ring that was never turned in.

How do you know two women found the ring?

When we were disembarking I did not know I had lost it yet and I heard two women scream. I saw one bend down and pick something up. After we got outside I realized my ring was gone from my finger.

Unless you saw the ring in the hand of one of these ladies, you have no idea why they screamed and what they picked up.

I lost a gold ring with stones on Celebrity Solstice in 2010. They never found it. Two women found it while on the disembarkation line but never turned it in.

Curious as to why you would resurrect a thread from 18 months ago - you're posting about something that "might" have happened 8 years ago on Celebrity. Makes no sense!

• 2 weeks later...
When we were disembarking I did not know I had lost it yet and I heard two women scream. I saw one bend down and pick something up. After we got outside I realized my ring was gone from my finger.

It’s a bit harsh to accuse two women you don’t know of taking your ring just because you saw them pick something up off the floor! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It’s a bit harsh to accuse two women you don’t know of taking your ring just because you saw them pick something up off the floor! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I realize this is an old thread, but how exactly was it harsh and to whom? No one has any clue who these women were and no one was injured by the poster stating what she did. Yes, she assumed, but to say it was "harsh" is strange. No one was actually accused of anything since there's no way to say who they were.

Just to add on to a resurrected thread... how often do you think people actually recover items left behind on the ship?

On my recent sailing, I came across a Fitbit sitting on a couch in the Schooner. Based on the glasses and bottles, a group had really fun last night of sailing. Picked it up, with the intention of turning it in to Customer Service. With the chaos of disembarking, completely forgot. When I got home and realized this, I was so upset with myself. Fortunately Fitbit sent me a label to return it to them so they could send it to the registered owner. Hope it finds its way home.