How are the Swans doing?

Have to support the fellow Vics so it will be the Tigers Mic. Never thought I would say that! 😁

I hope it is a fantastic exciting game whoever wins. Of course I'll also be barracking for Storm against the Cowboys on Sunday.

Leigh

I hope it is a good game too.

As for the Rugby League game, I won't be watching and don't really care which of those sides win.

Have fun and perhaps before you go you should brush up on your ranch skills by watching 'City Slickers'.

LOL! I think I'll just stay out of the way of the horses, goats, rabbits and whatever other animals they have.

That was a good movie :D

ML

I hope it is a good game too.

As for the Rugby League game, I won't be watching and don't really care which of those sides win.

I'll be watching both, and don't really care who wins either of them.

Guess I lean a bit towards Adelaide (having spent a lot of time there) and the Cowboys (dad being born in N Qld)

If GWS win I reckon all of SA people will be able to buy GF tickets. Gosh the Geelong players know how to drop the knees to get the free! The opening comments on ch 7 were very moving - Crows have been through so much as a team in the last 3 years - murder of their coach in the middle of the playing season, death of another coach through cancer just later. They are a first class team. Go Eddie. What a Champion.

yes been through a lot they nearly got there that year too we played collingwood that week and i think set the standard with the ring in the middle in respect to their coach was weird feeling at the footy that week and we all joined the guys in their minute silence our ring around the g circling their ring in the middle of the ground

LOL!! I think I had to support the team that killed the Swans. But then they were killed by Adelaide. Footy is is soooo unfair :loudcry:!

Sad news--we won't get to see Richmond-GWS. They are showing NRL Roosters vs Cowboys????

Please post when the GF is and I will watch (if we are home. If it's 9/28--10/1, we'll be gone :-( Wish I could be there in person!

ML

if you are a telstra customer down load the afl app can watch it on the app free

LOL!! I think I had to support the team that killed the Swans. But then they were killed by Adelaide. Footy is is soooo unfair :loudcry:!

Sad news--we won't get to see Richmond-GWS. They are showing NRL Roosters vs Cowboys????

Please post when the GF is and I will watch (if we are home. If it's 9/28--10/1, we'll be gone :-( Wish I could be there in person!

ML

I have a solution for you

download Kodi at https://kodi.tv/

hit the download button then choose what operating system to install on windows,mac ,android, lunix ,raspberry pi or ios

when download is finished install it to your computer

now open Kodi

once open you will need to do a few more things to get it up and running

you can now add a repository by following this link and following a step by step process

http://www.matthuisman.nz/2017/03/install-matthuisman-kodi-repo.html

once you have followed those steps you can now install freeview for Australia by following these steps by clicking here

http://www.matthuisman.nz/2017/08/au-freeview-kodi-add-on.html

once installed you can now access it by clicking on the addon section on the main menu

Also you may want to change the post code (zip code) to 3000 (Melbourne) in stead of 2000 (NSW) which ya can do this by right clicking over the freeview picture and then click settings

when you are ready to watch the Afl Grand final it is just a matter of going into addon clicking the free view then selecting channel 7

this channel will give you the AFL Grand final Adelaide (crows) vs Richmond(Tigers)

I hope this helps you so you can watch it even if it is on your PC and you will not need any special areiels to stream this just a good internet connection and the best thing is it is free part from ya internet usage

cheers

ozdevil

Finally back in Aus after 6 weeks away, and sadly not planning a Melbourne trip to see the Swans in the Grand Final.

I went to the Swans v Dockers game at the SCG the day before flying out to Calgary.

I woke up at 4am to see the Adelaide vs Swans game on a VPN in Banff

I watched the Swans v Carlton game at around 11:30pm in Vancouver.

I saw the first half of the Swans v Bombers elimination final at Anchorage Airport, and then used in-flight wifi to keep track of the score updates while we flew to LA.

I woke up around 4am to check on the Cats v Swans semi.. saw the halftime score and thought, well that's it. Got smashed by my wife's team, more's the pity.

The Tigers/Giants match was thrilling to watch for a neutral supporter and it's nice in a way to see teams in the grand final who hadn't been there for a while (1982 for Tigers and 1998 for Crows). I think the Crows have been the most consistent all season and should win - but you never know.

There's always next year for the rest of us.

I have a solution for you

I hope this helps you so you can watch it even if it is on your PC and you will not need any special areiels to stream this just a good internet connection and the best thing is it is free part from ya internet usage

cheers

ozdevil

This was all looking great until the 'good internet connection" part. Alas, there will be no internet where we will be--so uncivilised!! (see what I did there :))

Plus, what Mic said about it not working :-)

But I do thank you for trying to help--any chance they show a replay at some point??

Enjoy the GF, I will be with all of you in spirit :D

ML

Grand Final day! The most exciting sports' day of the year (in my opinion). The excitement around Melbourne is amazing. DH and I were in the City on Thursday for a few hours and the amount of people in both Tigers' and Crows' gear was incredible. My son and I are off to the 'G' in just over an hour to watch the game.

I'll be supporting the Tigers but think it may be a Crows' victory unless the the Tiger army can get them over the line.

Leigh

Grand Final day! The most exciting sports' day of the year (in my opinion). The excitement around Melbourne is amazing. DH and I were in the City on Thursday for a few hours and the amount of people in both Tigers' and Crows' gear was incredible. My son and I are off to the 'G' in just over an hour to watch the game.

I'll be supporting the Tigers but think it may be a Crows' victory unless the the Tiger army can get them over the line.

Leigh

I hope you are right. Have a great time regardless of who wins.

We're the pride of south australia

And we're known as the adelaide crows

We're courageous, stronger, faster

And respected by our foes.

Admiration of the nation

Our determination shows.

We're the mighty adelaide crows.

We give our best from coast to coast

Where the story will be told.

As we fight the rugged battles

The flag will be our goal

Our skill and nerve will see us through

Our commitment ever grows.

We're the mighty adelaide crows

Thanks Mic!

Oh we're from Tigerland

A fighting fury

We're from Tigerland

In any weather you will see us with a grin

Risking head and shin

If we're behind then never mind

We'll fight and fight and win

For we're from Tigerland

We never weaken til the final siren's gone

Like the Tiger of old

We're strong and we're bold

For we're from Tiger

YELLOW AND BLACK

We're from Tigerland.

Gosh, I feel a traitor to my club now! ;p

Leigh

Thanks Mic!

Oh we're from Tigerland

A fighting fury

We're from Tigerland

In any weather you will see us with a grin

Risking head and shin

If we're behind then never mind

We'll fight and fight and win

For we're from Tigerland

We never weaken til the final siren's gone

Like the Tiger of old

We're strong and we're bold

For we're from Tiger

YELLOW AND BLACK

We're from Tigerland.

Gosh, I feel a traitor to my club now! ;p

Leigh

Perhaps you should edge your bets and wear crows colours under the tigers ones.