How are the Swans doing?

Sydney born and bred but moved to SA and got an appreciation for Aussie rules. One thing that really bugs me is this gang tackling crap, why can't it be two in a tackle maximum.

Why not two in a tackle???

Because there are some blokes two just can't stop, AND stop them getting the ball away.

I am watching the Soccer (real football) replay from this morning and I prefer playing and watching this most of all.

its a game that always ends up in a draw , the buggas dont even know how to pick up the ball and kick it (except the goalie of course) and what makes things worse they also like to head butt the ball , has to be stupid when no other sport goes out and head butts a ball

2-0 in a soccor game will be like a thrashing

but i spose there is some good skills in this sport as well

like every team could finish with a nil all draw all season how do they determine the premership out of that

Why not two in a tackle???

Because there are some blokes two just can't stop, AND stop them getting the ball away.

Would open up the game and make it much less of a slog and more of a running game. I remember when you could tell the difference between the wingers, the halves and the forwards just by the body shapes.

The weather forecast is worse now -

Forecast for the rest of Friday

Summaryshowers.png Max 17Showers increasing.Possible rainfall: 3 to 10 mmChance of any rain: 90% rain_90.gifMelbourne area

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, particularly during this afternoon and evening. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h.

looking at the current rader from weatherzone

the rain is very light coming from Ballarat area and then starting to push north of the state , heading around to Wallan ... as it looks currently the rain is missing CBD of Melbourne and dare i say it the ground will be dry...

there is some Rain clouds but is very patchy rain happening currently around the boarder of Vic and South Australia in the south west pushing north westly through Portland, and Hamilton , my prediction for this rain will only get as close to Ballarat in which should bypass the Melbourne CBD late this afternoon

it is overcast with very little Wind as i type this

I will try and give another update early afternoon if the raders have updated

as it is at the moment The game will be dry

Much rather a good game of Thrugby (either code) myself.

Tried to get nowhiners to see one but they went APP instead

Wasn't rugby done (or maybe about to start?) when we were there (mid-March through mid-April)? I initially wanted to watch rugby but I think everyone told me the timing was off, so suggested AFL. It seems to me there were no rugby matches we could see. But maybe I have it wrong, I often do :D

10 1/2 hours to the big game (I think).

Go Swans!

ML

Wasn't rugby done (or maybe about to start?) when we were there (mid-March through mid-April)? I initially wanted to watch rugby but I think everyone told me the timing was off, so suggested AFL. It seems to me there were no rugby matches we could see. But maybe I have it wrong, I often do :D

Go Swans!

ML

Yeah, the proper rugby season hadn't started yet and the A League (soccer) was into finals so much fewer games. League were all out at suburban games so AFL was best fit with your times and in my opinion a more exciting game to watch.

Go Swans!

ML

Yep League was just starting but I think all games were out of town when you were here, so Aussie rules won. All are great games but when I was growing up rules was only really played in a couple of states as was league, and I grew up in a league state.

Up thread you mentioned a drink if you ever get back here.

Make sure you let us know if you ever plan to.

update for tonights game

There is patchy rain over the cbd on the latest rader predctions

There is not much in the rain to cause to much grief tonight at this stage

under this small band of rain is very little and patchy so if the mcg is going to be wet it isnt nothing to much to be worried about

wind is not that strong either just a gentle breeze

Yep League was just starting but I think all games were out of town when you were here, so Aussie rules won. All are great games but when I was growing up rules was only really played in a couple of states as was league, and I grew up in a league state.

Up thread you mentioned a drink if you ever get back here.

Make sure you let us know if you ever plan to.

DH says we should go back and see more around Melbourne. Works for me :D And Leigh and I have date if we do! But I will keep posting and hope to meet up with some of you.

Thanks mate!

update for tonights game

There is patchy rain over the cbd on the latest rader predctions

There is not much in the rain to cause to much grief tonight at this stage

under this small band of rain is very little and patchy so if the mcg is going to be wet it isnt nothing to much to be worried about

wind is not that strong either just a gentle breeze

OK, I am 8000 miles away but this seems good??? Have my alarm set, just in case. Waiting anxiously for the game.

Go Swans!

ML

Coming down pretty heavily in Williamstown at the moment.

Tracking across the top of the Bay towards MCG. Probably 10km in a straight line.

Send it up here mate, no rain on NSW Far South Coast for 2 months. The ground is cracking up.:loudcry:

Go the Swans !!! heh, heh.

Send it up here mate, no rain on NSW Far South Coast for 2 months. The ground is cracking up.:loudcry:

Go the Swans !!! heh, heh.

Or send it to southwest USA--we can use it too! I always think during hurricanes/floods here there should be a way to send all the excess water to us. I know it's not practical but still...

Why the "heh, heh"??? Do you doubt the power of the Swans? Shame on you ;p

Go Swans!!

ML

More rain.

Thunder.

Pouring in Carrum at moment. Sadly I won't be making the train trip into the G later as planned, as I have come home from work early with an extremely sore throat and cough. Woke with a headache which isn't too bad now but the throat is burning. quite weekend for me. My seat won't be wasted as my son in law is now able to use it.

Leigh

DH says we should go back and see more around Melbourne. Works for me :D And Leigh and I have date if we do! But I will keep posting and hope to meet up with some of you.

Thanks mate!

OK, I am 8000 miles away but this seems good??? Have my alarm set, just in case. Waiting anxiously for the game.

Go Swans!

ML

Good luck ML.Hope the Swans win for you. If you do get back down under, please visit Melbourne and we can have that drink I owe you!

Leigh

Thanks mate!

Go Swans!

ML

Come and visit the National capital and we can have a drink as well.

Or send it to southwest USA--we can use it too! I always think during hurricanes/floods here there should be a way to send all the excess water to us. I know it's not practical but still...

Why the "heh, heh"??? Do you doubt the power of the Swans? Shame on you ;p

Go Swans!!

ML

Large storms like hurricanes tend to suck any rain away from other areas or parts of the country so it can be dumped in it's path.

15mm so far, but easing off. Just had another heavy shower here -- Williamstown is WSW of the city CBD and the normal direction of rain fronts.

Big dump in 30 mins from the thunderstorm. Temperature dropped 5 degrees then as well. Presently around 12c.

Good luck ML.Hope the Swans win for you. If you do get back down under, please visit Melbourne and we can have that drink I owe you!

Leigh

Come and visit the National capital and we can have a drink as well.

It's a date :D

Leigh--I hope you're feeling better soon.

Go Swans!

ML