How are the Swans doing?

Geelong much cleaner with the ball. Keeping their forward line more open and delivering more directly. Geelong defensive pressure very strong.

Buddy not really on, and no-one picking up the slack. At the other end, Hawkins is not on, by Dangerfield has really delivered in a fixed forward position.

Can't see Sydney getting back into the game.

hi all

we've been home for about 3 weeks now. Yes, i could probably look online but i much prefer to hear from you, the fans. Some of you may recall that we adopted the swans as our arl team. Last we heard, they were still winless.

Please tell me that they have won a game :-)

ml

so sorry :(

Well, here we are at beginning of third quarter and it isn't looking good for the Swans :(

I hope the wake up and pull off the win but I have my doubts.

Go Swans!

ML

I was out last night at a trivia night, thought I would get a score at half way point of the night (toilet break) and found the Swans being demolished, 51 points to 15, I think it was just before half time. Surprised and disappointed is all I can say.:loudcry:

These are the Swans we saw on opening night, who lost 6 in a row. They were terrible tonight.

There's always next year :)

Bye bye Swans!

ML

Yes, they are gone, Giants vs Eagles today and although I want the Giants to win, I think I would put money on the Eagles as the Giants just haven't been in form for around 8 weeks. That said, form comes and goes in a blink of an eye when it comes to finals footy.

Croweater here. Would rather play Geelong next week than Swans.

And assuming next week works for us -

we'd rather play GWS than Richmond at home on GF day.

Yes, I am disappointed the Swans lost but would have been going for the Crows next week anyway. I was hoping for a showdown between the two in the Grand final though, now they won't even meet.

It's a date :D

Leigh--I hope you're feeling better soon.

Go Swans!

ML

Thanks ML, I feel much better this morning than when I went to bed at last night at half time of the game. Sorry about the Swans, both teams played very differently to what they did last week. As a Victorian, I'll be barracking for both the Cats and Tigers next weekend. will hopefully be at the G next Saturday afternoon to see the Tigers' game. My son, son in law and I are members of the Melbourne Cricket Club who run the MCG. We have our own reserve in the ground and as part of our membership are able to go to any game of football or cricket. For the Grand Final, the club conducts a ballot for those members who would like reserved seats (at a cost of course). My son and I have been successful the past three yeas but before that managed alternative years, It will be my luck that if/when my Bombers make a grand final, we won't be successful in the ballot. The alternative to reserved seats is to line up outside the MCC members' reserve at some ungodly hour (depending on who is playing) to get in and grab a seat.

Any way, it's next year for the Swans and Bombers.

Best wishes,

Leigh

Sad the Swans lost, who can we blame, the ref? The linesmen? The Coach ? :p:mad:

As I said before, I am not really into VFL, sorry AFL, but might follow the 'Pies' from now on, nice name.

Would that be Port Adelaide in the SANFL perhaps or maybe Belconnen here in the ACT because surely you jest, if you meant the Colliewobble side in Victoria.

crows eagles grand final can see adelaide kicking up a storm as to why they cant have the gf at adelaide ground already

Ah. No. We are much too mature for such silly debate. We prefer to whoop the other team at the traditional Grand Final place which is the MCG.

Thanks ML, I feel much better this morning than when I went to bed at last night at half time of the game. Sorry about the Swans, both teams played very differently to what they did last week. As a Victorian, I'll be barracking for both the Cats and Tigers next weekend. will hopefully be at the G next Saturday afternoon to see the Tigers' game. My son, son in law and I are members of the Melbourne Cricket Club who run the MCG. We have our own reserve in the ground and as part of our membership are able to go to any game of football or cricket. For the Grand Final, the club conducts a ballot for those members who would like reserved seats (at a cost of course). My son and I have been successful the past three yeas but before that managed alternative years, It will be my luck that if/when my Bombers make a grand final, we won't be successful in the ballot. The alternative to reserved seats is to line up outside the MCC members' reserve at some ungodly hour (depending on who is playing) to get in and grab a seat.

Any way, it's next year for the Swans and Bombers.

Best wishes,

Leigh

Glad you are feeling better Leigh. I hope you score some tickets to the GF--I'll be with you in spirit :D

125-58 in the end.

Next weekend it is

Tigers vs Giants

Crows vs Cats

times to be advised.

Mic

Could you post the date/times for the games? I am going to see if they will be showing here.

Thanks

ML