Very old coffee card.

rjrice1

We haven't been on a Princess cruise in years... (been on other lines)

Have 2 old cards with each one only using two punches.

Finally going on a Princess cruise and wondering if I can still used them.

We haven't been on a Princess cruise in years... (been on other lines)

Have 2 old cards with each one only using two punches.

Finally going on a Princess cruise and wondering if I can still used them.

You can use the old card's punches for specialty coffee or tea drinks & a cup of brewed coffee.

However Princess now only allows unlimited free brewed coffee on the cruise where the coffee card was purchased.

Here's an example from the International Cafe (current cost is $31+15% tip=$35.65):

23833907011_14b4ef3cfa_z.jpg

23916400625_6471e901ab_z.jpg

You can use the old card's punches for specialty coffee or tea drinks & a cup of brewed coffee.

However Princess now only allows unlimited free brewed coffee on the cruise where the coffee card was purchased.

Here's an example from the International Cafe (current cost is $31+15% tip=$35.65):

That's true IF the voyage is listed on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's true IF the voyage is listed on the back.

That may work with a new type of coffee card with a green stripe at the top of the brown card. However the OP said it's years old so it's either an old brown card or one of the older playing card style which were obviously not bought on their cruise even without a date or cruise number listed on the back.

But as we all know, coffee card experiences may vary but most likely not for the OP's years old coffee cards. ;)

That may work with a new type of coffee card with a green stripe at the top of the brown card. However the OP said it's years old so it's either an old brown card or one of the older playing card style which were obviously not bought on their cruise even without a date or cruise number listed on the back.

But as we all know, coffee card experiences may vary but most likely not for the OP's years old coffee cards. ;)

So true! We just sailed on Ruby 29 Apr, and they traded out mini bar for coffee cards. In doing so, they gave us two new cards w/o sailing voyage or ship written on it. The first time I went to use it for fresh brew, I was asked when did I purchase it? He then wrote voyage date and ship on it. Game over!

So true! We just sailed on Ruby 29 Apr, and they traded out mini bar for coffee cards. In doing so, they gave us two new cards w/o sailing voyage or ship written on it. The first time I went to use it for fresh brew, I was asked when did I purchase it? He then wrote voyage date and ship on it. Game over!

Yes...game over! Enforcement of the rules are getting stricter & if having a different experience the passenger just got lucky to have a crewmember who was either uninformed or ignored the policy.

We've made the same swap & glad to learn they still are not adding cruise information which hopefully still allows us to use a new unused card on another cruise for free brewed coffee.

This is just my recent experience and I don't know if the crew was just being excellent as they really were but we were off the Ruby on 4/15 and I had a coffee card about three years old. They gave me the brewed coffee every day of the cruise without punching it. The specialty coffees were punched.

Just knew I could count of CC here for any questions and I thank ya all for you awesome help.

Yes, it is one of the old "player card" type one. But if I can use it to treat myself a nice Latte daily be so great.

So looking forward to going on Princess again.

Just knew I could count of CC here for any questions and I thank ya all for you awesome help.

Yes, it is one of the old "player card" type one. But if I can use it to treat myself a nice Latte daily be so great.

So looking forward to going on Princess again.

Have a great cruise & the only issue I've read about with using a "playing card" coffee card is having a barista who'd never seen one having to confirm that it was a valid coffee card. ;)

The menus you posted are new since we last sailed on Princess. Do you know if it is only one punch on the card for all the specialty drinks, or is it 2 punches for some of the more expensive ones, in the $4 - 5 range? We also have some old cards to use up, and some of those new drinks look really good.

The menus you posted are new since we last sailed on Princess. Do you know if it is only one punch on the card for all the specialty drinks, or is it 2 punches for some of the more expensive ones, in the $4 - 5 range? We also have some old cards to use up, and some of those new drinks look really good.

1 punch

1 punch

It's mission impossible to post faster than Colo Cruiser. :p

I enjoyed the Black Forest Freeze.

Thanks Colo Cruiser and Astro Flyer! I'm looking forward to using up my old cards with some of those new drinks! We have cabins on the Plaza deck, so very convenient to get them.

We have an AIBP on an upcoming cruise and were thinking about swapping the mini bar for the two coffee cards. If we do that, can we save them both for upcoming voyages and get the free brewed on those? IE activate the card on a future voyage - no reason to do it that cruise.

Ice cream !!:D

Wondering what do they put in the mini bar for suites. It might be worth trading for the coffee card too.

You can also use a punch for ice cream yum

Oh come on! Nobody has asked how old the coffee cards are. I am not adding valuable input here but I am nosy enough and curious enough to ask just how old the coffee cards are!

We took a coffee card purchased on our 2011 transatlantic on a cruise just this past November. The guy took our card, broke out in a huge smile, commented that he had hadn't seen one of them in a while and that was that. We got our coffee!!