How Christmassy are Princess at Christmas time?

J_T_

We are interested in going on a cruise in December 2018 but want one that really feels Christmassy.

Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas was good for this but it doesn't come to Brisbane any more.

So our choices are either Princess or P&O as far as I can tell. :confused:

Any information regarding a good Christmassy pre-Christmas cruise would be most welcome.

Many thanks,

Jen :tropical-drink:

We always do a Dec. cruise to Mexico. Princess does a great job of decorating their ships for the holiday. There are Christmas trees everywhere and holiday singers to get you in the mood. It's all very festive.

A couple of years ago we were on Regal the week before Christmas. Upon entering the piazza at embarkation, we were greeted with a Victorian quartet singing Christmas carols while it was snowing in the atrium!! And of course, decorated to the hilt with Christmas trees and lights. Enjoy :D

We have done a few Christmas cruises with Princess & find them very Christmassy. They decorate the whole ship, Santa comes for the children & have a choir made up from the passengers singing caroles

We are doing a Christmas cruise in 2018, it's on the Sea Princess 16th December - 27th December going to Papua New Guinea leaving & returning from Brisbane

Noddy

I've been sailing onbaord for both Christmas and New Years for the past 8 years, and honestly I plan on making is a ritual every year. Princess does such a phenomenal job with the holidays on board. Christmas they have carolers, snow, fall, Christmas carols with the crew and passengers, Santa Claus, gingerbread competitions, jus to name a few. The decor is cheerful, even the crew wear sanata hatas to be in spirit. I couldn;t imagine a year without doing the holidays onbaord.

We were on the Royal Princess Christmas week of 2014.. When we boarded, there was artificial snow falling in the Piazza with costumed carolers singing.

Christmas trees were everywhere. There was a beautiful display of gingerbread houses in the Piazza. Poinsettias, beautiful decorations throughout.

On Christmas Eve our cruise director, Ron Goodman read Twas the Night Before Christmas to the children. Elf was the movie that night at Muts as well as many Christmas offerings on tv. In the Piazza, Christmas songs all evening, crew holiday choir, Christmas Caribbean style, piano Christmas When we retired for the night, there were 2 small Christmas stockings filled with candy canes and chocolates on our bed.

Santa visited the Piazza Christmas Morning with toys for the children. Christmas trivia was held at Club 6, How the Grinch Stole Christmas in the Vista Lounge. Showtime was Holiday Wishes, which we didn't see because the theater was too crowded. The Piazza again hosted Christmas Caribbean style (steel drums) and Santa's Holiday Dance Celebration. The night ended with piano Christmas melodies in the Crooner Lounge.

Yes, I saved the Patters

It really was very festive. I think I want to book another Christmas cruise.

We are interested in going on a cruise in December 2018 but want one that really feels Christmassy.

Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas was good for this but it doesn't come to Brisbane any more.

Any information regarding a good Christmassy pre-Christmas cruise would be most welcome.

Many thanks,

They are very good at it.

We did a Christmas cruise on Sun Princess in 2014 and it was lovely. The Atrium was beautifully decorated and there was a gingerbread house display. There were Christmas trees in the Wheelhouse Bar - we had some bouncy seas on the first couple of nights and the trees looked like they were dancing with the movement of the ship. Outside every cabin there was a small decoration so even the hallways looked festive. Christmas Eve was a formal night, with carols in the Atrium, "snow" falling down between the glass fronted lifts. There was a traditional Christmas menu in the MDR on Christmas Day. There were small Christmas stockings on our bed on Christmas Eve, and they played Christmas movies on MUTS. It's a lovely way to spend Christmas.

Wow this sounds great! I'd love to know if anyone has cruised from Australia in December and found the Christmas standard flying high.

Yes. We were on a few back to back cruises on the Sea Princess a couple of years ago. As others have said, there were decorations, fake snow falling in the atrium (times announced in the Patter), carollers singing, traditional Christmas menu and so much Christmas music throughout the ship, that after several weeks it was a bit much. :) Enjoy.

We always do a Dec. cruise to Mexico. Princess does a great job of decorating their ships for the holiday. There are Christmas trees everywhere and holiday singers to get you in the mood. It's all very festive.

We are doing a Dec 9 Mexican cruise (our first) on the Ruby and really looking forward to it and all the holiday fixins.

It will be bittersweet as it will be 1 year after losing our beloved 25-year-old daughter so we are taking our son, other daughter, and their two spouses as a combination family time/coping time vacation. As couples we all live in 3 different states so don't see each other as often as we should.

It will also serve as our daughter and husband's honeymoon as when they married last year it was right back to work for both of them. And it will be a 5-year anniversary cruise for our son and his wife.

So overall we are looking at it as many more positives than negatives and as we've not yet done a Christmastime cruise the decorations, etc. will be lovely to see and be around as a family.

We are doing a Dec 9 Mexican cruise (our first) on the Ruby and really looking forward to it and all the holiday fixins.

It will be bittersweet as it will be 1 year after losing our beloved 25-year-old daughter so we are taking our son, other daughter, and their two spouses as a combination family time/coping time vacation. As couples we all live in 3 different states so don't see each other as often as we should.

It will also serve as our daughter and husband's honeymoon as when they married last year it was right back to work for both of them. And it will be a 5-year anniversary cruise for our son and his wife.

So overall we are looking at it as many more positives than negatives and as we've not yet done a Christmastime cruise the decorations, etc. will be lovely to see and be around as a family.

Have a wonderful family cruise, KruzeKrazy.

My heart goes out to you. I imagine the cruise will be bitter-sweet. Live in the moment and enjoy the time with your family.

I'm sorry to bring religion into the subject of Christmas, but is there a midnight mass held on Christmas Eve?

P&O had Catholic masses, which were held in one of the MDR's with crew allowed to attend.

Many thanks,

Princess is gorgeous at Christmastime. Trees and decorations all over the place. Absolutely love the way they decorate their ships!

I'm sorry to bring religion into the subject of Christmas, but is there a midnight mass held on Christmas Eve?

P&O had Catholic masses, which were held in one of the MDR's with crew allowed to attend.

Princess only has religious ceremonies of that type if a passenger is onboard who wishes to conduct them. There may be a non-denominational ceremony but a Catholic Mass would require a Catholic Priest to be a passenger onboard who specifically requests to be able to hold the mass.