Blue over Red, White and Blue sale

Sea and Me

If they ever have another Sip & Sail sale, the price of a room will increase $120 per day. ;)

Thankfully, this wasn't the case for us. We always book the ME mini suites and for our CA Coastal cruise next March, we have the Sip & Sail promotion and the price of the cruise is actually a bit cheaper than we usually pay.

Thankfully, this wasn't the case for us. We always book the ME mini suites and for our CA Coastal cruise next March, we have the Sip & Sail promotion and the price of the cruise is actually a bit cheaper than we usually pay.

We have the Sip and Sail promo on our next two cruises. The 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise was listed (including the promo) at the exact same price it was last year (without the promo). We jumped on it. As I said in my post above, the Caribbean cruise next March (with the promo) was $300 per person cheaper than it is right now with this new "sale". The cost of a cruise is not always higher with a promo. One has to watch and catch things at the right time. Our last 4 or so cruises have been booked waaaaaaaaay ahead of time and, despite various sales and promotions that come along, we have never seen them go down in overall cost. That's not to say I haven't had a cruise go down ever. We refared one short cruise and saved over $600 one time. Of course that one wasn't booked waaaaaaaaay ahead of time so I don't know where it actually started out as far as pricing.

I was hoping another sip and sail would show up.

There's still time :D. In 2015 and 2016 the Sip and Sail promo was in July and August so maybe that will be the case this year too.

We have the Sip and Sail promo on our next two cruises. The 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise was listed (including the promo) at the exact same price it was last year (without the promo). We jumped on it. As I said in my post above, the Caribbean cruise next March (with the promo) was $300 per person cheaper than it is right now with this new "sale". The cost of a cruise is not always higher with a promo. One has to watch and catch things at the right time. Our last 4 or so cruises have been booked waaaaaaaaay ahead of time and, despite various sales and promotions that come along, we have never seen them go down in overall cost. That's not to say I haven't had a cruise go down ever. We refared one short cruise and saved over $600 one time. Of course that one wasn't booked waaaaaaaaay ahead of time so I don't know where it actually started out as far as pricing.

That's awesome and thats the way to book the Sip & Sail, with a long cruise. Happy for you and envious too! :p

Not every SALE is going to be as good or better than the previous one. When the grocery ad at your store comes out , every week is a different sale. The prices do not keep getting lower and lower on the product. Milk may be on Sale for $1.69 one week and then $1.99 on SALE two weeks later. Pick the SALE that you are happy with and move on.

I was hoping another sip and sail would show up.

There's still time :D. In 2015 and 2016 the Sip and Sail promo was in July and August so maybe that will be the case this year too.

I've never used a Sip n Sail offer with the included AIBP...do I recall correctly that it was only for certain cabin categories such as balcony & above? :confused:

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've never used Sip n Sail with the included AIBP offer...do I recall correctly that it was only for certain cabin categories such as balcony & above? :confused:

We had the sip & sail on our recent cruise and it was awesome! I kept checking and our cabin price never went lower so I felt that we didn't "pay" for it by an inflated cabin price. I know I was free with my cocktail consumption, but I doubt it would have been worth it for me to actually buy the AIBP on my own. Plus, my husband doesn't drink alcohol. We are on the watch for it again since it came out last summer in June and that's when we switched to the sip & sail. It also included one night in a specialty restaurant.

I've never used a Sip n Sail offer with the included AIBP...do I recall correctly that it was only for certain cabin categories such as balcony & above? :confused:

You are correct. ;)

Yes, balcony and above. On a 28 day cruise with 18 sea days a balcony will be most welcome. :) Princess "usually" limits many of their promotional features to balcony and above bookings. I don't like it but I don't make the rules.

We had the sip & sail on our recent cruise and it was awesome! I kept checking and our cabin price never went lower so I felt that we didn't "pay" for it by an inflated cabin price. I know I was free with my cocktail consumption, but I doubt it would have been worth it for me to actually buy the AIBP on my own. Plus, my husband doesn't drink alcohol. We are on the watch for it again since it came out last summer in June and that's when we switched to the sip & sail. It also included one night in a specialty restaurant.

That must have been for a mini suit or suite. Balcony cabins (such as mine) didn't get a specialty restaurant included with the Sip and Sail. Like you, I would never have actually paid for the AIBP. Plunking down more than $3,200 for drinks on a single cruise is crazy to me.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

You are correct. ;)

Yes, balcony and above. On a 28 day cruise with 18 sea days a balcony will be most welcome. :) Princess "usually" limits many of their promotional features to balcony and above bookings. I don't like it but I don't make the rules.

Thanks janetz & Thrak...that's what I thought was true with the Sip n Sail offer & they do make the rules whether we like them or not. ;)

Yes, many of their offers (rarely a sale for our cruises) have better benefits for the more expensive cabins. We primarily book oceanview or interior cabins to enjoy as many days at sea as possible. Thankfully last year's version of the 3 for Free offer was actually a net price sale for our inside cabin...$410 of free gratuities, $300 cabin OBC and paid for the cheapest category & received the top category of inside cabin. :D