Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Here is my fear. What if you get to the cruise site and you have no XPass. And then they check and you are still not showing up. You really have no proof you booked your cruise, do you.

What if you are the unlucky person who doesn't show up on the manifest"? People already have said that OBC is missing, what if your entire reservation is missing at the port of entry?

It has not happened yet, but it could. It doesn't seem like the website is getting better, it's getting worse.:(

Seriously, if I couldn't print my Xpress pass, I would be very worried.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always bring proof of payment for my final invoice from my TA. That clearly shows all information that I am booked. I was mostly kidding about showing up without your XPass, but if you simply can get through the website what are you to do? Luckily that hasn't happened to me yet. Just lots of frustration [emoji17]

Here is my fear. What if you get to the cruise site and you have no XPass. And then they check and you are still not showing up. You really have no proof you booked your cruise, do you.

What if you are the unlucky person who doesn't show up on the manifest"? People already have said that OBC is missing, what if your entire reservation is missing at the port of entry?

It has not happened yet, but it could. It doesn't seem like the website is getting better, it's getting worse.:(

Seriously, if I couldn't print my Xpress pass, I would be very worried.

The Xpress pass is just a way to speed up check in. I always bring a copy of my Celebrity booking confirmation which shows that I have paid and what my booking number is. That is a much more important document.

I want to print out my luggage tags. Forget it! Called X, and they sent me a E-mail with the booklet, tags etc. Printed out the tags. Wrong cabin number on them. We upgraded to Aqua Class week. Called again, got that fix (I think) . Now have to wait for them to be issued.

X is losing money because of their web sit. I have not sail X in about 5 to 7 years. I booked this cruise because of the date and ports of call. After I booked this cruise and been having so much trouble with X's web site., I booked two more cruise, but with Princess. If X's web site was fix, I would have looked their for my two next cruises. After this cruise we are Elite on X. But it looks like there it will end for us, not worth the trouble with their web site.

Why should the Queen and her minions apologize? They do not use the system. People are still booking even with the existing problems. I guess this is modern luxury.

Lots of people are still booking. But, I for one stopped booking with them. I booked two more cruise after I booked the one on X. But I booked with Princess. I am not going to waste my time any more after this cruise with their web site.

For those who have been trying to sign up for the Connections get-together and have been unsuccessful due to the flaws in the redesigned Celebrity web site, here is one possible solution

I tried this today and the return email directed me to the roll call thread....on that thread is a dead link to sign on.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I see that this first comment was posted in Mid May. It is now August and the Celebrity website is no better. I have 3 Celebrity cruises booked and the only one displaying at all says 'Cruise cancelled"!! My travel agent says that it would not take her user name or password this morning.

She indicated they said did a system boot last night and again this morning.

Celebrity-this is enough to drive customers away!!! One of my travel partners is so freaked out that she wants to just 'cancel the whole thing.'.

Fix it already!!

I was able to complete my booking by using Internet Explorer Edge in Windows 10. When I tried to complete it with Chrome, it was a mess. I was also able to use IE on Windows 7 and had no problem. Have any of you who have had issues, downloaded IE to complete the process?

I came so close to canceling our cruise yesterday. I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out the web site and never could get to check in. I called the Internet help line and the woman said it was quite probable we would not be able to check in using Apple products, we have iPhone, iPad and Mac . She said perhaps we could go to a neighbor and use their computer!! I told her that was not going to happen!! I then called the Captains Club and was told there was no problem using Safari. He then tried to check in for us and, guess what, he could not get it to work either.

We don't sail until January so I will wait a while but I would like to be able to check in before we make our final payment!! I guess we will be holding the poor passengers up who happen to be in line behind us when we get to the ship.

We have sailed with Celebrity many times but if they don't get the web site working this may be our last.

If anyone can help us, it would be much appreciated.

Kathy

I came so close to canceling our cruise yesterday. I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out the web site and never could get to check in. I called the Internet help line and the woman said it was quite probable we would not be able to check in using Apple products, we have iPhone, iPad and Mac . She said perhaps we could go to a neighbor and use their computer!! I told her that was not going to happen!! I then called the Captains Club and was told there was no problem using Safari. He then tried to check in for us and, guess what, he could not get it to work either.

We don't sail until January so I will wait a while but I would like to be able to check in before we make our final payment!! I guess we will be holding the poor passengers up who happen to be in line behind us when we get to the ship.

We have sailed with Celebrity many times but if they don't get the web site working this may be our last.

If anyone can help us, it would be much appreciated.

Kathy

I didn't think it was possible to check in until after final payment was made?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe that is the case with this new web site but why didn't they tell me this when I called.

I have usually filled out all our information several months before we cruise and then they email us when the edocs are ready.

Got an e mail that our e docs are ready in the Cruise Planner...we are going to try and download them from there..but if it does not work out we'll call. Hope we will be doing the doc dance soon....fingers crossed.

We assume requesting tags from the Cruise Planner Page still does not work well...carry over glitch from the last website they had,,.Has anyone had a good experience with that recently?

My partner and I have checked in online (100%), I have already printed Express Pass but when I try to reprint in the website it takes me back to square one of the online check in process as if we haven't already completed it. Seriously WTH!! Worst user experience site ever.

Surprise surprise....no link that we could locate on the dashboard to download e docs and order tags...The dashboard layout is very busy and fairly useless.

We called Cap Club...no wait time, lovely rep. She is e mailing the e docs and sending tags US mail...Others on our roll call already did the same, we will print one or two salient pages of the docs and keep the rest in download,

Someone should clue Celeb in.,.,the e docs used to come as an attachment to the e mail announcing readiness...makes sense...what they have now with endless links going nowhere is like a circular firing squad... maybe I should post this to the website issues thread?

We assume requesting tags from the Cruise Planner Page still does not work well...carry over glitch from the last website they had,,.Has anyone had a good experience with that recently?

Several people on this thread have reported no problems getting to the spot to order luggage tags, and have ordered them, and have received them (me included). I don't understand the problems people are having with the website because, even in the first days of the release, I have not had anything other than minor issues. Others have said they had the same experience as me.

But I can't ignore that many, many people are having trouble, and even if it were entirely their fault (and I don't think it is), the problem still lies with Celebrity. They designed a site their customers can't use, even customers that routinely use their competitor's websites. So it's not just a case of people unfamiliar with modern websites, or people who don't understand new interfaces.

So I had no problem getting to and ordering luggage tags, and have them. But I didn't document the steps I took, and even if I did, if it's over three steps then people wouldn't appreciate seeing them.

My advice is to call for them, unless you're like me and have yet to have any serious problem with the website.

In seeking the e docs and boarding pass from the Cruise Planner, we used a regular desktop computer, chrome...works well for everything else and is definitely not our fault or lack of ability, . My dh was a programmer for many yrs and just looks at the mess they have made in disbelief,,,,,

We could not get past the hideous dashboard...seemed we would have to keep registering in our cruise planner but have already registered and were "greeted" as such,..

We could not locate any link or click on spot or area that says...here are the e docs, or click here for tags..

We did not want to keep clicking on stuff...lest we lose our pre paid dining and excursions,,,and overall already paid for res.

Why do we need such a large display showing we will NEVER get to Zenth?

Should be user friendly not a quest or puzzle!

Surprise surprise....no link that we could locate on the dashboard to download e docs and order tags...The dashboard layout is very busy and fairly useless.

We called Cap Club...no wait time, lovely rep. She is e mailing the e docs and sending tags US mail...Others on our roll call already did the same, we will print one or two salient pages of the docs and keep the rest in download,

Someone should clue Celeb in.,.,the e docs used to come as an attachment to the e mail announcing readiness...makes sense...what they have now with endless links going nowhere is like a circular firing squad... maybe I should post this to the website issues thread?

A few weeks ago I was looking for a link to download my edocs and, like you, I couldn't find one. But there was a 'luggage tag' button, so since I hadn't yet downloaded my luggage tags I clicked on it to see if at least I could accomplish THAT. Lo and behold, up pops my 15 page edocs, with page 13 or 14 being the page with the fold-up luggage tag.

I don't know if this will help you. I offer it as a data point.