Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

An annoying aspect of the excursion page is that it usually takes you to Alaska no matter what you select as a destination,,,and you have to fight to get where you want to be,,.,this search feature should work first time around.

They push you towards very expensive exclusive excursions and excursion packages they have deemed go well together but make it hard for you to search for what you want....too controlling.

They have stupidly categorized the excursions in each port by actviity type..dining, beach, culture etc,, Because most excursions fit into more than one category, they are endlessly repeated....makes it a much longer list to go through.. They should just list the ports and excursions...we can do the rest!

We use ship's excursions almost exclusively and are set for awhile...but cannot understand how or why this is that tough to resolve...

You are almost preaching to the choir... but not quite. I used to run software development groups. While it is true that the reports must be precise, I can tell you that any good technical tester and developer should be able to narrow and identify the problem when even just half the environment information and error messages are reported.

Yeah...maybe they should do a dummy booking and see how awful it is!

Desktop is horizontal, with a 16:9 aspect ratio. Most sites see display resolutions of 1366 x 768 (over 50% of their visitors). If you can't see the horizontal site without scrolling horizontally you need a larger monitor or change your display resolution to that level or higher. Most phones are used vertically, with the smallest at 360px wide. A mobile responsive site uses a horizontal layout for desktop and then a vertical layout for mobile. Celebrity's site does this OK (I have seen better and they still have broken text by not degrading the horizontal fully ... they use three columns instead of a single column).

I am not following all the details on aspect ratios, etc., but on a 12 day cruise I am looking at only the first 5 days show up with the horizontal format. I have to go to two more pages to see the entire itinerary in five day segments. With the old web site, the entire itinerary showed up on one page in vertical format.

And the rest of the page displays just fine when the itinerary is in horizontal format. Only the itinerary does not fit.

This tip has been pointed out several times here. After selecting the dates of travel (1), then the destination (2), the destination port (3) all cruises matching those criteria are displayed.

Then if you want to REFINE those results you click the REFINE icon and get a submenu. You can refine by number of guests, features, ships, number of days or special offers.

I did not say it was impossible to find the available sailings by ship name, only that it is more difficult. Even after sorting by ship name, I have to scroll many pages to get to the ship name I am looking for if it is not at the start of the alphabet. It was so much easier with the old web site when you could specify a ship name for the search and only get results for that ship.

see above in red

I did not say it was impossible to find the available sailings by ship name, only that it is more difficult. Even after sorting by ship name, I have to scroll many pages to get to the ship name I am looking for if it is not at the start of the alphabet. It was so much easier with the old web site when you could specify a ship name for the search and only get results for that ship.

I don't get that behavior at all. When I go to the website and just click "Find Cruise" on the home page, without selecting any of the three choices, I get a listing of all cruises. When I click "Refine" and then "Ships" I get a series of check boxes next to ship names. If I select one of the ship's names the screen refreshes and I get itineraries listing only that ship's name. Every single time.

The same thing happens if I select a month, click "Find Cruise", click "Refine" and then "Ships" and select a ship.

For me, its functionally the same as before or as on any other site. I can search by ship, but it does take at least 4 clicks to see all the itineraries for "Infinity".

I find that their app isn't really user-friendly either. I tried logging into my account once from there and it just kept crashing, which is a shame. Celebrity is such a great cruise line, but in terms of their website development, Carnival and other cruise lines are leaps and bounds ahead of Celebrity.

0D2IALdxWxSMgW4D70jfNTspTBGrBuX4DjAk1N0RL8XfqDWWZIEveiR1iA2dbRPAKe3ROVXWfkQ26ffjDGRt5it5X45aJeS4SN1DH54-7B9sOfMAHHJEW8tOpfRstSDFVIm4BziJ8W96Y0mHiksBV6BdlcHqR6RuK1_KAbYGYn4R89V7e2Muk4nCyL5noKhetV9TXtOMBmKodQ458d-sE8edO2kIRNCFLH4BMBUGmInZ0MXJCbZokpif_pnVguRQ3NRPWuiyqukg8eJKexv20kwUC9qXrs1QGaQ_ey0xxH-BltZhuG59gET2BuQcK3XfU-81MCC0iF5rGIY67GUH9FSVg7sdq5I9fmX6Efa7nG0OI19SqXeGdpj6c8fMaolkTyGok-fQc_7AEaYUb2d9IjR0UU7UVNIf4zkidu44jPnfANHzqTd2CiAJgIj1N2rZo6RfRvWsuutczNHM4BU0OKgnXsc6aC2ayR5ff5ClQ5U_w-0MsjS_wNzzhu0ufORsOBPMOTPOCSDSIzQSC9zwetwsLuPC4Drzm59RohpmiR9naMPGb9mawbFXnJNq4bZCYFh5pkWkL1OxNuQ3wxt7IAtML8vKsx4W_AjnE3uPzm-wgJ9Bn-z9t7IA=w540-h960-no

This tip has been pointed out several times here. After selecting the dates of travel (1), then the destination (2), the destination port (3) all cruises matching those criteria are displayed.

Then if you want to REFINE those results you click the REFINE icon and get a submenu. You can refine by number of guests, features, ships, number of days or special offers.

yeZTnbPndXCoR1Gs477Vn-0mEgAt_1JPDJYHwvM1mQkauvWsM727pT0l1MHnBhaJKXxDL72gOMrJFig3PW0t4TjntY4xrnDcEjN9yimCpXbgGXf_NxuPVzWiC83ySZO3mqsUg5EpoO-oySzYHW7dUqarfcYqg1kCawJaN4nFQGAr-4ypJWrEJ_43-ttml6vsoRmH-ZbMaruVKq1YHVVafSZOhCJP-F1teVakCQwnjie2ynMsZrWhzPsfHfhbak8AzPD_thBZZRbTShyEyeQ13ceZaKp9JFNlE7AUEs-fUrXQK9T-5Bm_1kEcHwK-KmK8JAoia-nEPI-etp-jYLks7r2L-m0B2Brh0jybA2S9oKQxYGfYOSeqJydXPpNWhPa2LX8ryH5QAJBMpJGAceqnISCZepxKlXFVZG9tAxXi44vJF7zJYeRZ55HMcq6jtquonk7s5VZNMKyltEigaFwEKOMC5wRuIGtf1Sr5k_tMEfidR9F24GRQNPv7TI7o7KW0LYPxxKJ3qmDX7QPpbOQETLAMUv732GTplXJNRK3iJr9Vk3gqOTDqkqt1TF4cjFHzKwnR-YMzGxyO6lEX9mAX-K6R5uwNXyNX6T3BGujSF1eKIEHX9R4J6-gV=w1160-h497-no

Right. I finally stumbled across this solution. But it's not intuitive and it shouldn't be this difficult to find cruises by ship. Besides, if you've limited your first choices to a geographic area the ship doesn't go to, you won't get any results.

I used to laugh at the old site when they listed Caribbean cruise destinations under " T" for The Caribbean. ( they did change it eventually )

Should have quit when we were ahead...alphabetizing is least of worries

I have found the people at Captains Club are unfailingly pleasant, although they are powerless to do anything more than document the problems and forward them to IT who don't seem willing or able to do anything. It's been this way for months. For a while I had a functional link to the old site, which while no prize, functioned better than the new pretty disaster we have now. They have since taken it down so I now have no options. I've called the office of the CEO, but she doesn't seem interested in helping either. I guess that tells me what they think of my business .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

This was my experience as well....very nice folks at CC, totally and completely powerless to do anything about my invisible reservation so I could book excursions.

How is the world do you book excursion, specialty restaurants on the stupid new site??? When I log on, they say I have no trips book even thought I am going in October fully paid..What is up with this? Help?

This is what has happened to me since I booked in February. Response was that they could not address individual problems. I would say at this point it is NOT an individual problem as there are many of us who cannot see our reservations.

This is what has happened to me since I booked in February. Response was that they could not address individual problems. I would say at this point it is NOT an individual problem as there are many of us who cannot see our reservations.

I called Captains Club for the third time yesterday to get help with more issues. They have been very helpful. The guy that I spoke with said that each customer service person now has an excel spreadsheet, where he is listing website complaints from callers, daily. They are forwarding them to the IT department. Let's hope that they are taking a good look at these spreadsheets.

Right. I finally stumbled across this solution. But it's not intuitive and it shouldn't be this difficult to find cruises by ship. Besides, if you've limited your first choices to a geographic area the ship doesn't go to, you won't get any results.

I don't think it's "not intuitive" at all. Nor is it hard. It is just different. All itineraries for a particular ship are four clicks in. Leave all three criteria at "All" and click "Find Cruise". When they are listed click "Refine". Then click "Ships". Then check off the ship you want.

I checked some other sites. NCL is three clicks to list all cruises by a ship from the home page drop down. Easier to find. Princess has the same method X is using ... you input four items (they add length of cruise) then you click a more prominent "Refine" button and select a ship. They get there in three clicks. Holland America is four clicks, but in the more familiar drop down format at the left of the page.

They do have serious problems with data errors as others have pointed out. But the interface is just different, and none of the problems with it have been experienced by several of us who are used to this type of site.

I don't get that behavior at all. When I go to the website and just click "Find Cruise" on the home page, without selecting any of the three choices, I get a listing of all cruises. When I click "Refine" and then "Ships" I get a series of check boxes next to ship names. If I select one of the ship's names the screen refreshes and I get itineraries listing only that ship's name. Every single time.

The same thing happens if I select a month, click "Find Cruise", click "Refine" and then "Ships" and select a ship.

For me, its functionally the same as before or as on any other site. I can search by ship, but it does take at least 4 clicks to see all the itineraries for "Infinity".

Thanks.

My problem is that I was clicking on "Sort" not on "Refine."

"Sort" gives the options of date, duration, ship, price high to low and price low to high. But the ship option does not let you select which ship and it lists them alphabetically.

Of course now that I try "Refine", select a ship and then select a cruise, when I get to select a cabin, it tells me

An error has occurred

Internal server error.

If this error persist please call 1-888-751-7804

Id: 071c84efacac4e:8f396cda43cc65c0

Time: 8/5/2017, 11:18:59 PM

Edited by caribill

Thanks.

"Sort" gives the options of date, duration, ship, price high to low and price low to high. But the ship option does not let you select which ship and it lists them alphabetically.

Of course now that I try "Refine", select a ship and then select a cruise, when I get to select a cabin, it tells me

An error has occurred

Internal server error.

A reminder that if you encounter errors, please post them to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2529320

Luvscrn is going to send that link to Celebrity folks to have them work on the errors that we are seeing

We suspect that among the many "cut backs" under "Lisa's reign was cutting back on the skill (and pay) of Celebrity's web site designer :(.

Hank

Hank, this was 18 months ago that they announced with a lot of hullabaloo they'd hired Accenture. I knew then it would not only end up being worse, but would costs hundreds of thousands of dollars if not nearly a million $. My career has been to clean up Accenture IT messes at various customers who make the same mistake X did.

Celebrity Cruises hires Accenture to boost digital experience

www.consultancy.uk/.../celebrity-cruises-hires-accenture-to-boost-digital-experience[/url]

Whoa....I thought all the trouble I was having was due to a broken site, not an "upgraded" site! I agree Royal's site seems designed to make you so frustrated you call the 800 number or just book with someone else. Now Celebrity has sunk to that level...Thursday's Child I hope they call on your services very soon.

Thanks.

An error has occurred

Internal server error.

Ahhh ... that has to be frustrating. They had something going on either Friday night or Saturday night, probably related to trying to fix the problems they are having. I was just able to do it so try again.

What amazes me, even more than the disastrous website, is that there still hasn't been a response, an apology, or and explanation of what's going on from Celebrity! (At least that I'm aware of) They must be monitoring this thread. It's truly as if they just don't care.

What amazes me, even more than the disastrous website, is that there still hasn't been a response, an apology, or and explanation of what's going on from Celebrity! (At least that I'm aware of) They must be monitoring this thread. It's truly as if they just don't care.

There are on the UK FB site.

I have used that in the past to gain attention.

I agree! It's disheartening and more. But even so, actions speak louder than words.....

Apologise, apologise, do they ever?

They really do care that they are losing money, possibly...that is possibly losing money, but they do not care a jot about the customer.

If they fix it, it will be because they want cash, cash, cash, nothing to do with the customer.