Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I've found the web site to be a disaster for the past several weeks; Yesterday it was internal error, after internal server error...

This morning I found I could at least see my reservations and look at other potential cruises..

I dont like the new layout; I dont like how SLOW it is to do anything, and it seems that going back to look at the cruises you "found" it undoes the "refinements" that were in place... I really hope they get some help and fix this disaster...

I have tried today on many occasions to access manage my booking and my celebrity and every time I try this I am brought back to the home page - feeling very frustrated as wanting to book our shore excursions for our cruise in September - website is not a 5 star experience

I have tried today on many occasions to access manage my booking and my celebrity and every time I try this I am brought back to the home page - feeling very frustrated as wanting to book our shore excursions for our cruise in September - website is not a 5 star experience

Me too. My first Celebrity cruise is in September. It had better be good.

Tried to make final payment for my cruise yesterday. Clicked on the link I received via email from Celebrity telling me to go to their Award Winning Website to pay. Went through the entire process only to receive a message that I would need to call in order to pay for the cruise. Did that, but was told my reservation was locked and to call back in 15 to 20 minutes. Did that, and was finally able to pay after 15 min. on hold.

Went to do final check-in today. Went through the entire process and when hitting submit, I received this message:

The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk.

I think I will give their Award Winning Website time to solve their technical difficulties and try again in a few years. :(

Unbelievable. And, this is getting really, really old!current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk.

Well today I called the captains club customer service line to ask why I couldn't enter the correct passport information. I keep trying to edit it, looks like it takes, then reverts back to my expired passport number. While I have a blend of sympathy and awe for anyone dealing with the (irate) public, I must say after talking to them I feel berated for not knowing that clicking on "edit" and making changes to open fields isn't actually *supposed* to make updates...."That's not where you're supposed to enter that information" she said over and over....Old timer got fooled by the great big giant "edit" button I guess!

It seems there was an opportunity for Celebrity to apologize for the obviously broken website, and assure a repeat customer that their trip would indeed go off as planned, with a clear explanation of how/when this would be fixed or accessible. They failed.

So, what happens if you don't get your XPass and just show up?? I know you will be holding up the check in line, but if enough of us did this Celebrity might get this website fixed.

I went in today, I have printed my XPass, but was just checking information and saw that my new passport info was missing. So, I filled it in but it still said I was 100% complete???!! Just to be sure I reprinted it. DH new passport info was there.

I also continue to have problems getting one XPass for both of us[emoji35].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, what happens if you don't get your XPass and just show up?? I know you will be holding up the check in line, but if enough of us did this Celebrity might get this website fixed.

I went in today, I have printed my XPass, but was just checking information and saw that my new passport info was missing. So, I filled it in but it still said I was 100% complete???!! Just to be sure I reprinted it. DH new passport info was there.

I also continue to have problems getting one XPass for both of us[emoji35].

Not to worry, Lucy & Ray! ;) I will still be on our cruise, with or without my Xpress Pass. Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to vent about the horrific website. The lady I finally spoke with last night to make final payment was extremely gracious. I didn't mention a word about the website......I figure they have to put up with complaints about that all day long and I didn't want to add to their misery. Afterall, it's not the agents fault and I'm sure they are as frustrated as we are. It's all good! :D

Well today I called the captains club customer service line to ask why I couldn't enter the correct passport information. I keep trying to edit it, looks like it takes, then reverts back to my expired passport number. While I have a blend of sympathy and awe for anyone dealing with the (irate) public, I must say after talking to them I feel berated for not knowing that clicking on "edit" and making changes to open fields isn't actually *supposed* to make updates...."That's not where you're supposed to enter that information" she said over and over....Old timer got fooled by the great big giant "edit".

Don't keep us in suspense.

How do you make changes to your passport number?

Don't keep us in suspense.

How do you make changes to your passport number?

I had to call Captains Club to put in new passport numbers. They were unable so they took info to forward to IT dept. Unable to answer another question as they could not gain access to the system. Felt sorry for the young lady as she tried to be helpful. Wonder when Queen Lisa will take note, step up and see to it the system is functional???

I have been trying on and off for two days to check in on line. My first problem was it said my Captains Club number was not associated to my name, and wouldn't let me proceed. Then later that seemed to rectify itself, but then everything else I entered I was given the message that my data could not be saved and the boxes went blank. I've since given up...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have been trying on and off for two days to check in on line. My first problem was it said my Captains Club number was not associated to my name, and wouldn't let me proceed. Then later that seemed to rectify itself, but then everything else I entered I was given the message that my data could not be saved and the boxes went blank. I've since given up...

After reading all the posts about the web site problems (and experiencing a number of them myself), it was with great trepidation that I went to the site to do the online check-in.

There may be multiple paths to do this, but I signed in with my cruise confirmation number, name, ship and sail date. And from then on everything went flawlessly. It even brought up automatically my CC number and birth date on the first screen after signing in. I was able to successfully complete the check-in for myself and my spouse and then print out the Xpress Pass.

I may have just been lucky. I posted on my roll call that check-in was available for the cruise and one person responded with "I tried earlier today and it said to try later as they were having technical problems." Then later there was another post by this person saying "It still won't let me print them, it's showing I'm not paid up."

After reading all the posts about the web site problems (and experiencing a number of them myself), it was with great trepidation that I went to the site to do the online check-in.

There may be multiple paths to do this, but I signed in with my cruise confirmation number, name, ship and sail date. And from then on everything went flawlessly. It even brought up automatically my CC number and birth date on the first screen after signing in. I was able to successfully complete the check-in for myself and my spouse and then print out the Xpress Pass.

I may have just been lucky. I posted on my roll call that check-in was available for the cruise and one person responded with "I tried earlier today and it said to try later as they were having technical problems." Then later there was another post by this person saying "It still won't let me print them, it's showing I'm not paid up."

Thank you Caribill, you give me hope for attempting again on day three of trying! Thanks again-

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Been trying for weeks to complete on line check in. Both of us show as 90% complete. So won't let us print XPress pass. Everything shows with green tick.

Any ideas?

Relieved it's not just me! I'm 70%!!! So way to go yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been trying for weeks to complete on line check in. Both of us show as 90% complete. So won't let us print XPress pass. Everything shows with green tick.

Any ideas?

I had to call and have them send me my info via PDF. Nothing I did allowed me to print my xpress pass. I could print my luggage tags. This was two days ago. Sat on hold for 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I may have just been lucky. I posted on my roll call that check-in was available for the cruise and one person responded with "I tried earlier today and it said to try later as they were having technical problems." Then later there was another post by this person saying "It still won't let me print them, it's showing I'm not paid up."[/quot

Since you appear to be one of the fortunate ones I'd like to ask some questions. Did you log in first with your user name and password? If not, how did you access On Line Check In? What browser were you using? Thanks.

Since you appear to be one of the fortunate ones I'd like to ask some questions. Did you log in first with your user name and password? If not, how did you access On Line Check In? What browser were you using? Thanks.

I was going to share my experience, but they have changed the login flow on the site. Many people were not aware they had logged in as the screen didn't change after entering your username and password. Now, it changes to my Captain's Club page with an obvious page refresh. The page has the some common areas you might want to visit as links in the middle nav bar:

kL5n6g5xIKU0esz4eDc8fBL7F1XTym80Y5hj-R8QLra3ZqQdo0XrDluRaC2nwLK-S_Apz0E4YAV8Lbv9PXHq4f_lhgUURndYX-V_xyBqZB5IQftXsjSN-9Wt4HFcJ9dQD5dxyDPJ32QZQAi9PuDd9Kf0ahgznQuP9pqHs5sHqveMRXHM92SE-zYOz97oTHnjfSpftBkxi4i6U6Z7tQeMn4k-mWIDY1TAgQpcmNZECI08pfXgp7sVydKVnQ4BAy2YQcpTqQl5XMJKxdRMw5DsOOgZJDoePcRnklJoqF92p8me8aOgtR2lbyq7RXVjwW90R0o1VUI72SqDL349ocddQKQtitP2PZU5VQlNs2VY-pgrrH-p6ouXTVJITkrp1EvhJbtj-ek-ciBdwR6VU-5HvL2Ze87BMoB4fOLlEeZef2zM_9ha9kLqKKBBbWYgspWxyR0DYMOkSJFS2juI-Xxy9zOj4sAOH6u3qBSWsdz-DJVHCbdsn4v3YfT7Eli-PqTzdGNOm79d7QbdiZ1MB1rY8gYHpHJIE_fiV1njN2oZNSgxD793-78GgtU2X3TjpE0USUjQVoD-uPnBOIkEzecLEKIEWxSrJDoI85chnZf73FuhuAuMXUcS=w1124-h324-no

Clicking "My Reservations I was taken to the page with a large blue "Check In" button. That led to the white background page with online check in available:

7mS-Lki752QoxAIkK-l8vXKHD-OVcTk3Hg4eBX5gqkb2Dj1xJKXipkFiaTbo1mypaLOOlM5gV4Tw8f-ewT7pO2XWItWQsJs3xguvsF9dSs1X45CeQEhXDeUc40HSAE1I1-rVe_SFzkyUi_BFV6vCsbxQc4IosB0lTPEJOuqLExsM5bEu9t99S1c5lah11xyX5M53hreqCf1FQ4vbnpDZAExJaR9WEH4UrQ74nXFzD1HjEjMgofU7lefCLZQUfnTvz4O_cil0WB1RwDgCT8iWEQxwqu66vk3KoCZdMC_e0af4yjykcPwL4hUjSdsWCQ_WyIOS1YOGxDnwPLSDK_JEBZCEeQkGMlIs0MN-pzwO405BclWbKjWM7I-jwdZgn0gJh_Dn58GX5L66_4hm5BrVpPFNZIyFYD30RoWcNzTxTyka5HCek6gRYjJsI_0rvFidkQde1bQHe8Dz_oUjh2vcu4_VQjMzGqmVtAJ-IipZOGhWLNkJteKLMg5EwrMGGhTNegLdzsDhFe7nXMNYCdgKBZiUl1MFCtphoNzfthJJ0RajYbDStWhXR5Yq3ZGlujfv3j5XLPPOp1D06DmABZ5o8ilodyd5Go7uJ_BGT6PPICXb62g9H2ZW=w1061-h572-no

From there, things went smoothly.

I discovered two ways to go to my cruise planner, the problem is that one of this displays the purchase history with 0 purchases and the calendar only displays the sailing. The other way works perfectly.

This is happening for our Eclipse cruise.

BIG Software BUG.

Good way go to the menu select cruise planner, enter booking data and everything is OK

Wrong way go to Captains account login with user and password, manage reservation, manage vacation and explore cruise planner the purchase history is empty!!

For those who have been trying to sign up for the Connections get-together and have been unsuccessful due to the flaws in the redesigned Celebrity web site, here is one possible solution

Just got off of the phone with Celebrity. They know there is a problem. Current fix is to send an e-mail to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

With reservation number, ship, sail date and your names.

They will send you an e-mail confirmation.

Using Firefox on a Windows 8.1 system, I went to Celebrity's home page at http://celebritycruises.com/ I did not log in at that point.

o Clicked on CHECK IN

o Entered Reservation Number, Last Name, Ship and Sail Date

o Clicked on CONTINUE and it worked from there.

Good luck!

Here is my fear. What if you get to the cruise site and you have no XPass. And then they check and you are still not showing up. You really have no proof you booked your cruise, do you.

What if you are the unlucky person who doesn't show up on the manifest"? People already have said that OBC is missing, what if your entire reservation is missing at the port of entry?

It has not happened yet, but it could. It doesn't seem like the website is getting better, it's getting worse.:(

Seriously, if I couldn't print my Xpress pass, I would be very worried.

Using Firefox on a Windows 8.1 system, I went to Celebrity's home page at http://celebritycruises.com/ I did not log in at that point.

o Clicked on CHECK IN

o Entered Reservation Number, Last Name, Ship and Sail Date

o Clicked on CONTINUE and it worked from there.

Good luck!

thanks. On line checkk in opens next week. I'll try your way first