Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I,m done trying to get around Celebrity's pisspoor website.I have 3 reservations booked and been trying for weeks to try and access them.Can,t get nothing .I,m gonna call and cancel them and take my money elsewhere!! Tired of the hassle.

#FRUSTRATED:mad:

When I called the rep would not acknowledge that I was experiencing issues on their website, even though I tried to get the message across that it was not working properly. I have messaged Celebrity on social media to see if they respond to that.

I don't even get into the website issue other than I am having a problem. Like, can you help me? The 2 times I have wanted to book something in the last few weeks, each rep has helped me! In fact they have been very nice! Another time, they walked me through a 'back door' to view my excursions.

On my check in and port information it says USA and Parking. That is all that is on the page. That is not a server problem. It simply is a website problem.

Do you have more than one cruise booked with X?

I can't figure out why some of us are having no problems, while others are having nothing but problems, and a few people have mixed results. I'm thinking maybe it's a database issue where more than one reservation is too much for the site to handle.

I can't figure out why some of us are having no problems, while others are having nothing but problems, and a few people have mixed results. I'm thinking maybe it's a database issue where more than one reservation is too much for the site to handle.

Yes, I do have more than one booked. However I don't think that's the problem. Both cruises leave from the same port. There is erroneous or missing information on my itinerary for example. Grand Cayman was listed as docked, it is always tendered. Aruba, where we are overnight doesn't say tendered or docked, we're simply there. I've tried multiple computers and tablets, multiple browsers, deleted cookies and cache and browsing history and used incognito windows. I have spoken to the manager of IT department multiple times and they acknowledge that there are problems they thought they'd fixed which they haven't when we worked through some of the missing items and that although they tested the site with some customers the bulk of the feedback they requested was for appearance and not function. They are trying to work through the problems, but they solve one and find another.

This website is horrible and very cumbersome.. I wanted to search for cruises for a particular ship and couldn't figure out how to do this. I only see search options for destinations and dates. Also, it won't let me book any excursions for my B2B cruises. When I click on excursions I want, the drop down menus don't work for day and time. I used to frequently check out the website to see what deals were available for futire vacations but I don't do this anymore because the new website is too frustrating and time-consuming.

The new website is excessively difficult, and sometimes if you clic on something to check a price, you can never go back to continue browsing cruises. I have to remind myself of how good the service is on-board because the website makes me not want to cruise Celebrity.

The new website is excessively difficult, and sometimes if you clic on something to check a price, you can never go back to continue browsing cruises. I have to remind myself of how good the service is on-board because the website makes me not want to cruise Celebrity.

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Just to chirp in, agreed it's horrible...I just logged in for the first time since last fall and can't get anywhere on the site -- excursions, future trips, etc.. I can't believe a company so large and with so many online customers would allow this. Plus it's been months since this thread was started, can't believe they couldn't fix it by now. I also emailed Customer Service a question a few days ago without a peep back. Hopefully, the service on the ships aren't going to follow suit!

I agree, I just want to scream, celebrity's web site is totally unacceptable, seems to be getting worse as they are trying to fix it. Why doesn't the president do something about it. The entire team should be fired! Maybe the president should concentrate on fixing the

web site and not taking a "presidential cruise"

I agree, I just want to scream, celebrity's web site is totally unacceptable, seems to be getting worse as they are trying to fix it. Why doesn't the president do something about it. The entire team should be fired! Maybe the president should concentrate on fixing the

web site and not taking a "presidential cruise"

Queen Lisa could care less or it would have been fixed by now. When I was working my department was a test site for a new function. It was led by a senior manager. When a glitch was detected he had 2 words to the IT staff. "Fix it" Lisa would probably say "Ignore it"

The new website is excessively difficult...

I have to remind myself of how good the service is on-board because the website makes me not want to cruise Celebrity.

Agreed - I love Celebrity - just wish the quality of their website matched their cruise experience.

I really don't understand why they can't create an award winning website. (I'm not an IT person - is there a valid reason why this is so difficult to achieve?)

They have EDGE "designed to leave the future behind"... why can't they do the same with the functionality of the website... Or at least "leave the past behind"....

Since I haven't booked anything for a while, I finally went over to the 'new' X website, for the first time today -- to see what all the fuss was about. All I can say is: Yikes! While I would never have attempted an on-line booking on the old website, at least I could find my way around it. On this one, I can't even pull up the cruises I want -- much less search for a specific available cabin. But, there's that HUGE page for the 'Presidential Cruise" -- front and center! Just searching for departure ports and destinations, I wound up at dead-ends -- without being able to even backtrack to my starting point. After a half hour of spinning my wheels, I just gave up! :rolleyes:

Totally agree with Linda (HappyCruiser6143): If all you're looking for is pretty pictures, this is the website for you. But, if you require something further, you are surely out of luck! :(

Are the cruise gods telling me don't do it?

I decided to book anyway. I contacted the site where TAs bid. I got three really good offers and emailed them with some minor questions.

NONE of them responded.

Maybe it's a sign.

I decided to book anyway. I contacted the site where TAs bid. I got three really good offers and emailed them with some minor questions.

NONE of them responded.

Maybe it's a sign.

No...take the cruise. Your time in the ship will be great and you'll forget all about the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NONE of them responded.

Maybe it's a sign.

Maybe TAs are having trouble getting info too!

Possible, but I think most of the problems are due to the systems people are using and the settings they have.

That said, a well designed site should degrade gracefully, so that even if some things show up differently, it still does what it's supposed to.

It's also a completely new design and doesn't work the way the old one did, so you have to figure everything out again.

I personally haven't had a ton of problems lately. I certainly did at first. There are still things that are just flat out stupid, though. Like the 'sample' shore excursions that aren't applicable for anybody, and IMHO should be gone. And the passport/travel documents on the profile page that asks for country THREE times, and asks for city of issue that isn't even ON most passports, and has some countries listed in the dropdown multiple times. That could be easily fixed.

That said, I've been able to manage my reservation, and make a payment (though it STILL doesn't show me everything that's included in the 'go best' offer). I haven't booked any excursions or dinner res, so we'll see.

On searching for another cruise, it's pretty easy. Works the same if I'm logged in or not. It apparently doesn't like some combinations for searching, no clue why. You can look at the itinerary (it's a panel that opens a map, very nice) and see prices for all staterooms. You can show more results, and it adds to the page. Not sure how it prints, but I suspect badly (these types of designs usually don't print well)

It is way better than it was, but honestly I hate these picture heavy designs when you really want info.

Customer service told me the website is possibly their number one complaint. Why in the world they continue with the same IT people is beyond me.,

I am certain they are not using their internal people for this. A website like this is comparable to the healthcare.gov website that cost the government more than $190 million by the time Accenture came in and fixed it (the taxpayers paid CGI Federal about $13 million before firing them). Accenture, by the way, is the company that Celebrity has contracted with to merge their disparate web properties into one unified whole. Whoever is doing the site is probably either Accenture or a subcontractor for Accenture.

I suspect they are into the new website for several hundred thousand so far. The website has to manage inventory, respond to rapid pricing changes, protect private information under PCI standards, expose a booking engine and maintain customer loyalty info. Much like healthcare.gov it isn't a site a bunch of 20-somethings with WordPress can create.

Still, NCL has a functioning website. Princess has a functioning website. X seems incapable of managing a project of this type, and they should start by bringing in a competent CTO from another company, and a new CEO.

I am certain they are not using their internal people for this. A website like this is comparable to the healthcare.gov website that cost the government more than $190 million by the time Accenture came in and fixed it (the taxpayers paid CGI Federal about $13 million before firing them). Accenture, by the way, is the company that Celebrity has contracted with to merge their disparate web properties into one unified whole. Whoever is doing the site is probably either Accenture or a subcontractor for Accenture.

I suspect they are into the new website for several hundred thousand so far. The website has to manage inventory, respond to rapid pricing changes, protect private information under PCI standards, expose a booking engine and maintain customer loyalty info. Much like healthcare.gov it isn't a site a bunch of 20-somethings with WordPress can create.

Still, NCL has a functioning website. Princess has a functioning website. X seems incapable of managing a project of this type, and they should start by bringing in a competent CTO from another company, and a new CEO.

RCI has an ok website...which should be a great template for X.

And Carnival's website is great--and they have the Carnival Hub app, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Possible, but I think most of the problems are due to the systems people are using and the settings they have.

That said, a well designed site should degrade gracefully, so that even if some things show up differently, it still does what it's supposed to.

It's also a completely new design and doesn't work the way the old one did, so you have to figure everything out again.

I agree with you in principle because I haven't had any of the problems recounted in this thread that I couldn't figure out while on line. However, the website should be designed for the non-technical people. Even if everything were technically correct the site is a massive fail because it doesn't meet the marketplace's needs (the ability for people to use it, regardless of technical ability).

It is way better than it was, but honestly I hate these picture heavy designs when you really want info.

Agreed. I'll be glad when the "hero image" goes the way of those stupid image sliders everyone was putting on their pages. And, I'll be glad when the accessibility guidelines are adhered to again, with at least 7:1 contrast instead of the 4:1 or lower that these modern sites use. Every site I modify now requires me to edit the styles to increase the contrast so people can actually read the content (and the site owner can remain ADA compliant).